Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

New Gor Vardanyan Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gor Vardanyan Film

I decided to post this thread here because I did not think any of the other sections in this discussion forum would be more appropriate. Instead of a "music" section there should be an "entertainment" section where one can post information about Armenian television, film, theater, concerts as well as music.

Armenian

Destiny

Script is written based on real facts and events happened in 1989-1991 in Nagorno-Karabakh. Events present the beginning of Karabakh movement. Filmmakers dedicated film to blessed memory of fallen fighters for self-determination of Nagornī-Karaback to let them be remembered forever. Also the film is dedicated to honour the memory of all innocent victims killed in Sumgait, Baku, and Nagornī-Karaback as well as hundreds thousands refugees fallen a pray to war.

With the emergence of Mikhail Gorbachev at the helm of failing empire, hopes of democratization were born both internally in the Soviet Union and in the West. Under those aspirations and the whims of “glasnost”, new political movements emerged in different parts of the Soviet Union. The Armenian Committee of the Karabakh movement started its activities in February 20, 1988, demanding equal treatment of minorities in the territory of the Azerbaijan SSR. In response, organized mobs started their pillage in Sumgait (Azerbaijan) on February 26, 1988. The chaos continued for three days without Moscow's involvement. The Sumgait Pogroms produced 32 deaths, over 200 injured and 18, 000 Armenian civilian refugees. Only then, Soviet Army showed up to restore order.

On August 27, 1989, first non-communist, Levon Ter-Petrosian was elected as deputy of the Supreme Soviet of the Armenian SSR, gaining official platform for Karabach movement. Mobs answered from 13th through the 20th of January 1990, this time in the capital of Azerbaijan, Baku, by unleashing horror, killing over 200, injuring over 1000 and creating additional 210, 000 Armenian civilian refugees. On August 4, 1990 Levon Ter-Petrosian became Chairman of the Supreme Soviet of the Republic of Armenia. Polite-Burro's response was, to resort to force. Under the supervision of Soviet Military, on April 30 th of 1991, the Azeri forces started the operation “Koltzo.” The objective was cleansing Nagorno-Karabakh of its historical
    Armenian population.

Events launch in Afghanistan where Gor serves in the Soviet Army in 1985. Afghans trap soviet troop. Afghans commandos kill almost all Russian soldiers. Only Gor and his Russian friend called Eugenie survive. However, while Gor attempts to save Eugenie's life he jeopardizes his own life and is taken prisoner. By a fluke he escapes. After all these events Gor decides to resign army. He is going to devote himself to family. Years pass. This is the eve of Soviet Union collapse in 1989-1990. Gor lives in his native village in Karabakh. He creates family; he has one son and his wife is expecting second one. Nothing remains the hell, which has happened in Afghanistan. Gor is engaged in farming. Villagers concern about their future and apply to Gor for help. They believe that Gor as professional can prevent forced deportation. However, Gor refers to Soviet command as a guarantee of their inviolability and personal immunity. Moreover, Gor is sure that any unlawful attempts from Armenian side can provoke Azerbaijanis and conflict will be escalated.

However, Gor pays high price for such blind trust for Soviet authority. Gor is arrested in the framework of company by exposure of hidden Armenian “bandits”. In the framework of so-called “Koltzo” (“Ring”) operation carried out by Azerbaijanis under the Soviet Army shelter. Gor's village is seized and razed to the ground. Many Armenians including Gor's son are killed. This operation is led by Eugenie whose life Gor saved in Afghanistan. Gor is arrested and put behind bars. Gor escapes and then Gor and Eugenie launch war against cruel conqueror. That time professional journalist called Anastasia is sent to business trip to Karabakh. She is from Moscow and she is mass media representative in Karabakh. She presents influential TV State Company. She should carry out an editors' task: to draw up report about so-called Armenian extremists committed mass crimes in the region.

The order is made from Kremlin so this report is biased beforehand. However, Anastasia is not confused because it is widespread practice in Soviet mass media. Moreover, the methods employed for obtaining of any information are well known: montage and cutting of true, objective, namely useless information. Anastasia is nice woman; she is about 30, she is ambitious, self-confident, and aiming high. According to her estimations, it will take few days to obtain necessary information. She is in a hurry because in case of successful implementation of this task she will be sent in one of European countries. Under Soviet circumstances it means huge promotion. Collided with awful reality Anastasia decided to make true report about Karabakh conflict. She presents human tragedy in the face of Gor's private misfortune jeopardizing her own career.

Historical background

Events develop in the eve of Soviet Union collapse. The movement of self-determination of Karabakh was launched in 1988 and aimed at equal treatment to all national minorities in Azerbaijani SSR and preservation of their rights and freedom. Armenians insisted on independence of Nagornī-Karaback right up to its withdrawn from Azerbaijani SSR (based on principle of self-determination as one of the major principle of international law) while Azerbaijani's side stuck on principle of state's indivisibility. The movement strengthened, became stronger although it was in the form of peaceful demonstrations both in Stepanakert (Karabakh's capital city) and Yerevan. However, Azerbaijan's answer was mass massacre of Armenians in Sumgait (1989) and Baku (1990). Barbarities committed by mob were unrestricted by officials neither local nor state's. The most shocking example is mass massacre in Sumgait.

Mass murder and pogroms of Armenians lasted three days without any intervention of local police and authorities while no response from Moscow had been heard. First disorders started in the region and first wave of refugees swept on Armenia whose economics has already destroyed by severe earthquake in 1988. Events snowballed. Azerbaijanis forced Armenians to leave Karabakh. Such barefaced threats gave rise to justified concern among Armenian population in Karabakh. After bloody events in Baku and Sumgait Karabakh movement turned into Armenian liberation movement. Former Soviet authority at the head of Politå-Burro and Michael Gorbachev delegated authority to Azerbaijanis' officials in order to suppress and crush Karabakh movement. Karabach Committee was arrested that stirred up mass protest actions both in Armenia and Nagorni Karaback. Moreover, Soviet mass media “got into gear” and took an active part in undeclared war against Armenian population of Nagorni Karaback.

A stream of barefaced and egregious lie fell from Soviet newspaper and State influential TV channels aimed at advisedly slur and discredit Armenians and Armenian movement in world community's opinion. Azerbaijani emergency forces and Russian troops supported them organized joint campaign called “Koltzo” (“Ring”) in Karabach villages. The matter was that Soviet troops surrounded target village and kept it while Azerbaijanis' forces were killing unarmed Armenian habitants. Moreover, Soviet officers were ordered not to intervene into Azerbaijanis' activity. Thus, under such lawless circumstances the core events develop.

Afterward

1991 the Berlin Wall came down striking the first blow to Soviet Empire. The flight from political occupation touched every capital in Eastern Europe and Soviet Republics. On December 25, 1991 Soviet Union was no more. However, not all the change of guard and struggle for self-determination was peaceful. From Sumgait to the cease-fire on May 15, 1994, Azeri aggression caused over 30, 000 dead and over 1, 000, 000 refugees. Lasting peace is still illusive.

Photo Gallery to Gor Vardanya's films: http://www.gor-vardanyan.com/foto-kino.htm#des
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Re: New Gor Vardanyan Film

I want to watch this film. Know how/where I can get this?

Comment

Originally posted by skhara View Post
      Skhara, did you try youtube?
      If your going to be an aholic, why dont you be a Hye one?

Comment

It's not on Youtube. And I'm not even sure if it's out on DVD yet for it was only released in theaters in Yerevan in the summer of 2006. I really want to see this film as well. I'm going to be in Yerevan in a month or so, I'll see if I get it then. The film looks good. At the very least the plot looks good, its actually very pertinent to politics. I think at 3.5 million USD this film may also be the most expensive Armenian production yet.

The main actor Gor Vardanyan, the hero, who is also the producer of the film, is actually a world famous martial arts expert from Armenia. He is also said to be a very patriotic and decent individual.

The following link is to a low-budget film also by him that was produced in the year 2000, or shortly before. It's very reminiscent of the "Death Wish" or "Chuck Norris" type action films produced in the States. It may be low budget, with less than impressive acting performances, it is nonetheless an interesting 'ethnic' film in that it depicts the good, the bad and the ugly of modern 'post-Soviet' society in Armenia.

Entrutyun (choice): http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

For a second I thought you were talking about Gokor, that judo guy.

There's another Karabakh film that came out recently called Don't Be Afraid.

Recently I was browsing through films on IMDb, and found a Russian war movie from 2006 called Svolochi. The director of the film is Armenian.

For some reason the entire movie is available on Google video (no subtitles): http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...16971735781588

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
            There's another Karabakh film that came out recently called Don't Be Afraid.
            It's a pretty well made film and "Miss Armenia" also stars in it. These are some clips from Mivakhetsir (do not be afraid):

Beginning of the film: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=6

The film's last three scenes:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0 http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=6

A forty five minute clip: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0
            Last edited by Armenian; 08-23-2007, 12:28 PM.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Where was this filmed?

Comment

Where was this filmed?
                Not sure but most probably in Armenia, not Artsakh.

I screwed up the link to the beginning of the film, here is the correct one:

Նժդեհ

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
                  Recently I was browsing through films on IMDb, and found a Russian war movie from 2006 called Svolochi. The director of the film is Armenian. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...16971735781588
                  Wow!!! Watch the film closely. Do you know the 'location' of their training camp? Watch the film at 46 minutes. But it's best revealed towards the end, at one hour thirty minutes - what do you see?
                  Last edited by Armenian; 08-23-2007, 09:45 PM.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Great Stuff.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X