Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Calling all car lovers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, other than the M-series (especially M5), I find pretty much the entire BMW lineup quite boring. Don't get me wrong, although overpriced, they are fine cars and I don't have any complaints about the looks and the stylings but somehow they fail to excite me. Like if I see a regular 5 series or a 3 series on the road, I don't think to myself ... "oh gee, I want to drive that".

But when I see an FX45, G35, 350Z, STi, S2000, RX8, or even something like the Crossfire Coupe, I somehow get a lot more excited.
    this post = teh win.

Comment

BMW has always been very conservative with their styling (with certain exceptions of course), but I their styling.

Comment

Originally posted by leo007
        BMW has always been very conservative with their styling (with certain exceptions of course), but I their styling.

i hope you guys do know that the BMW's front grille, the 2 square looking things in the middle...that was meant to mock Hitler's mustache....just a fyi

Comment

Originally posted by jilbagh
          i hope you guys do know that the BMW's front grille, the 2 square looking things in the middle...that was meant to mock Hitler's mustache....just a fyi
          That's a BS rumor. BMW had the kidney grill before Hitler came into power.

Comment

Originally posted by jilbagh
            350z is the best in performance,
            your joking right? Forgot about the S4 on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by Harut82
              your joking right? Forgot about the S4 on the list?
              that was way back in april....but yes, i've lost faith in ALL Audi's....crapmobiles now....even in some reviews i saw in feb...the audillos sucked it

Comment

yo

Well to be honest with you, you have to just go out there and test drive the ones u think are the top two or top three...I personally do not like newer cars as much as sporty older cars....but hey thats just me...My mom has a E36 325i and I hate driving that thing..so boring and bulky....the S4 is a bit on the pricey side, the 350Z is way too played out and the others are are in the same category...what that means is that they are somewhat similar in terms of lux. and performance....I test drove 5 E30 m3's before buying mine...so my advice to you is go out there and do your own judging....many opinions on this board MIGHT be on the biased side....so actions speak louder than words..take care and good luck.

Comment

If your looking for a car in the 30K range then the Audi S4 as well as BMW M3 are out.

And just what are you looking for in a car anyway? Speed & handling? Ability to carry 4 people? more? only 2? etc etc DO you want practicality or performance, reliability etc etc? And have you driven any of these cars?

I fid the 350z to be very cramped, cheap inside and has poor visibility....I think the G35 is much nicer (both of these can creep over 30K with options though - easy...). G35 s a great car - but coup has very little trunk space. I also would not rule out Mazda Rx-8 - a very sweet driver...

BMWs...and in your range only 3 series....(until 2's com out next year) - are really nice - balanced, erforming cars...but do carry a price premium...(and they are great cars - no matter what Sip says...)

New Volvo s40 is also a very nice driving car with surprising interior room...and the Mazda 6 is nice (as is the 3)...or even the VW Jetta for that matter..

And Audi's are very nice (luxuriuous & well appointed)...but get pricey quick...though the cheaper (& smaller) A3 should be out soon...and yes reliability is still perhaps a bit of an issue (and expense of repairs)...though both BMW & AUdi cover nearly everything to 50K miles)...

Subaru WRX (or STi if you really need super performance...) or the Mitsu EVO are nice little racers....(if you can live with Turbo lag and boost...)...still nice if you want to go fast with basic amenities....the new Subaru legacy GT will have nice performance (& reliability) at a good price - styling might be a bit of a yawner...

And if a 2 seater is an option - the Honda s2000 rules (in your price range)...

All these are "sport" orirntated cars - is this what you want? Otherwise maybe a Toyota is in order...

...and did anyone mention any American make cars? ...thought not....

Comment

Originally posted by winoman
                    ...and did anyone mention any American make cars? ...thought not....

Comment

Working...
                    X