Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Pontiac trans am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pontiac trans am

YAH CATCH THIS UP

is that your car?

Comment

Comment

F-Bodies are awsome.

Comment

Dude, that's one ugly car.

Comment

Originally posted by GSTracer05

Comment

Originally posted by Harut82
              Uhhhh, let me get this straight. You think the WS6 Ram Air TA is ugly, but those bland, tasteless, sh*ty, compact tin can imports look good???? Pardon me a second....

*walks away*

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! AAAAAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh man! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Ok, I'm done

*snickers uncontrollably*

No I'm not....AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! AAAAAHAHAHA!!!!......

Comment

Yes. It's ugly. The front end is terrible looking. Look at those oversized fog lights. That so called front plate holder spot that serves no purpose. And the flip up lights? (sorry, the smokey and the bandit days are past). What about the crappy interior? Just look at those a/c dials. A crappy 29.99/day rental car has a better interior. And the rear lights? honeycomb pattern is ancient.

Also, before you make yourself an even bigger fool by laughing, I did not compare the car to your average import like 18k-25k pricetag eclipse, civic, celica etc.. Imports also include european cars. Compared to cars such as Porsche, Ferrari, even imports such as the Supra, Skyline, NSX, even the G35 coupe, I find that car ugly. Corvette = beautiful. Trans Am = Ugly. If it was such a popular and good looking car, why is it discontinued while one of its competitors, the Mustang, is in full production.

Comment

Yes. It's ugly. The front end is terrible looking. Look at those oversized fog lights. That so called front plate holder spot that serves no purpose. And the flip up lights? (sorry, the smokey and the bandit days are past). What about the crappy interior? Just look at those a/c dials. A crappy 29.99/day rental car has a better interior. And the rear lights? honeycomb pattern is ancient.

Also, before you make yourself an even bigger fool by laughing, I did not compare the car to your average import like 18k-25k pricetag eclipse, civic, celica etc.. Imports also include european cars. Compared to cars such as Porsche, Ferrari, even imports such as the Supra, Skyline, NSX, even the G35 coupe, I find that car ugly. Corvette = beautiful. Trans Am = Ugly. If it was such a popular and good looking car, why is it discontinued while one of its competitors, the Mustang, is in full production.
                  We have only to look at your reasoning and rational to realize who the fool here is (and I mean your lack of knowledge, not your opinion). Take, for example, your comment about the "smokey and the bandit" looks of the flip up headlights. Just one problem, sir. Smokey's generation of TAs didn't HAVE flip ups! The flip up lights didn't start until about a good 5 years AFTER/next generation F-body. Also, that front plate holder spot has plenty of purpose. What you're looking at, there, is a license plate filler panel because the owner didn't wan't an ugly ass front plate on his car. Lots of people do that with many cars. By the way, did you forget that the "Beautiful 'Vette" made a trademark out of those flip ups as well until the C6?

Now, as to your personal taste statements:
                  I disagree on the "oversized fog lights" theory. With the hood shut, the varying proportions of the front end styling ques all come together very nicely (ie - small turn signals & day time running lights, bigger foglights & ram air vents/scoops, etc). It balances out perfectly. And for anyone who has seen those tail lights without the honey comb pattern, there's no way in hell they'd go without them. Everything was designed to give the car an aggressive, eat you for breakfast look. And what exactly is it that makes it a "crappy interior"? What exactly is nicer on the $29.99 rental car? Are you one of those fooled by slightly better looking cheap plastic?

You know, I've heard quite a few complaints about F-bodies before (many of which have validity to them), but being an ugly car was never one of them. I can honestly say I've never heard a bad remark about its looks before, not even from hardcore ricers (I'm not calling you a ricer, I mean in general). As to why they aren't being made anymore, I certainly hope you're not implying that it had anything to do with the looks. That same generation design was used for about a decade. So why'd they stop make it while the Mustang goes on? Simple. For starters, the executives at GM are retards. You need only look at their new line-up of cars to see proof of this. They have no idea where they're going, or what they're doing. There excuse that the American public no longer wants a gas guzzeling muscle car was a load of crap, as the fact that they decided to launch another gas guzzeling V8, the GTO, proves. Also, the Mustang out sold the Camaro/TA for one simple reason: girls. No, I don't mean they picked up more chicks. I mean more blonde haired, know absolutely nothing about what they're driving bimbos bought the Mustangs. To understand why, one needs only sit in both types of cars. The F-bodies seat low to the ground, and in a slightly laid back position, much like a muscle/sports car should. While not completely up right, the Mustang seats (and has an over all stance) a hell of a lot more like a "normal" car (all be it a small one), which is certainly going to be more appealing to the 16-30 year old "I want a sporty, cool car!" female market. It sure as hell wasn't for its performance, as that "competitor" didn't have a 300 hp V8 until the release of this new one, and their V6s far outsold their V8s.

Lastly, I assumed you'd be comparing it to the "around $25K" import market because A. There's a picture of one in your avatar, and B. That's about what (a bit more fully loaded) a Ram Air TA costs. Obviously, it would be idiotic to pin it up against cars that are $60K+, not to mention, I find many of the cars you listed as lacking good looks themselves, like most Porsches, and the Skyline. And I can't stand those "Smokey and the Bandit" flip up headlights on the NSX! Someone better tell Acura/Honda that that look is ancient! (Ooops!) But in spite of the fact I like the look of some of the "exotic" makes you mentioned, all in all, I would still take a fully loaded WS6 over them. Far from being ugly, I think that that era TA is one of the greatest automotive works of art to ever to have been created. Unlike most cars, there isn't a single god damn thing I'd change on it. Just my $1.8 million in put.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow
                    ... Just one problem, sir. Smokey's generation of TAs didn't HAVE flip ups! The flip up lights didn't start until about a good 5 years AFTER/next generation F-body. Also, that front plate holder spot has plenty of purpose. What you're looking at, there, is a license plate filler panel because the owner didn't wan't an ugly ass front plate on his car. Lots of people do that with many cars. By the way, did you forget that the "Beautiful 'Vette" made a trademark out of those flip ups as well until the C6?
                    That soooooooo reminded me of this:

Lisa: The car made these two equal-length tire marks had POSITRACTION. Can't make those marks without positraction, which was not available on the 64 Buick Skylark!
                    Vinny: And why not? What is positraction?
                    Lisa: It's a limited slip differential which distributes power equally to both the right and left tires. The 64 Skylark had a regular differential which, anyone who's been stuck in the mud in Alabama knows, you step on the gas, one tire spins, the other tire does nothin'.
                    Vinny: Hm. Is that it?
                    Lisa: No, there's more! You see, when the left tire mark goes up on the curb and the right tire mark stays flat and even, well, the 64 Skylark had a solid rear axle, so when the left tire would go up on the curb, the right tire would tilt out and ride along its edge, but that didn't happen here, the tire mark stayed flat and even- this car had an independent rear suspension. Now, in the 60's, there were only two other cars made in America that had positraction and independent rear suspension, and enough power to make these marks. One was the Corvette, which could NEVER be confused with the Buick Skylark. The other had the same body length, height, width, weight, wheel base and wheel track as the 64 Skylark and that was the 1963 Pontiac Tempest.
                    Vinny: And because both cars were made by GM, were both cars available in metallic mint green paint?
                    Lisa: They WERE.
                    Vinny: Thank you Ms. Vito! No more questions. Thank you very very much. You've been a lovely, lovely witness!
                    Last edited by Sip; 10-31-2004, 10:27 PM.
                    this post = teh win.

Comment

Working...
                    X