Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turbo RSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo RSX

Friend of mine just finished with his turbo install on his RSX(Sybernaton Stage III) He hasn't dynod or ran it @ the track yet, but I'll posts times and numbers as soon as he gets them

Last edited by Harut82; 11-12-2004, 01:31 AM.

maaaaan that looks awfully familiar...haha although im not too good with figureing out whts what--- i need lessons hehe... all i know is that this cars gonna make alotta noise... (obviously)... more i see these things, more it makes me want to learn what those gadgedts do.

Comment

RevHard also makes a turbo kit for the RSX. I know the owner of the company and a few people who already installed it. I was reading that forum and one guy was saying how they are going to get his rsx to boost 25psi. LOL. Maaaybe if you tore down the entire block and rebuild it with amazing reinforced parts and even then its still doubtful.

There's just not alot of room for the turbokit in that car. I wonder how it will handle the heat generated from the turbocharger. They should come up with a way to eliminate the MAF sensor so they wont need a air filter jammed in there like that.

P.S. For such a nice car, why the cheap autometer guages? Apexi EL, Blitz DC Sport, HKS guages.

Comment

Originally posted by GSTracer05
        RevHard also makes a turbo kit for the RSX. I know the owner of the company and a few people who already installed it.
        Did you see the pictures of they guy with the revhard kit? His car burned down

I was reading that forum and one guy was saying how they are going to get his rsx to boost 25psi. LOL. Maaaybe if you tore down the entire block and rebuild it with amazing reinforced parts and even then its still doubtful.
        I don't remember reading that do you remember who the guy was?

Comment

The users name was wdsonny or whatever. Saying how his buddy wont even get traction even in 5th gear. Just a bunch of big talkers. Most of these naturally aspirated engine cars boost about 6-9psi. (I'm boosting 1.2bars = 18psi at the moment. On a upgraded XS turbocharger). Should be doing around 22psi but After my $1200 modified emissions violations ticket, I'm not risking running 550-660cc injectors and no catalytic converter again). Plus gas prices are ridiculous. With an onboard Walboro fuel pump, you get on the throttle, the thing drinks more gas than your ordinary V8.

People are cheap and they install stuff themselves, alot of times incorrectly. That is why you get some of these mishaps. You dont think cars have burned down from other kits? Alot of the times, it may not be due to the turbocharger. You screw up the wiring, something shorts and catches fire, and that will do it.

Comment

After my $1200 modified emissions violations ticket, I'm not risking running 550-660cc injectors and no catalytic converter again).
            Dude that sucks. How did you get the ticket? Did you get pulled over for something else and he checked under the hood?

Comment

Originally posted by Harut82
              Dude that sucks. How did you get the ticket? Did you get pulled over for something else and he checked under the hood?
              I got nailed on the offramp of Reseda Blvd (118E). by CHP. My car had a blitz front bumper with a touring spoiler (which i dont have now), tinted windows, slammed like 2inches off the ground with no front plate. He went straight for the hood and exhaust. I was cited on illegal blow off valve, unconnected PCV, intake(which was legal), exhaust (thank god he didnt figure out the testpipe which is another $2500 fine) and I was sent to the B.A.R. for further inspection. Basically I had to hide everything and yank out some stuff to pass. I pleaded with the judge during my trial and I lucked out. The judge was a cool guy and dropped the charges and let me get off with a $10 clerical fine

After that I got pulled over twice more by the same CHP officer but I had my paperwork and the car was clean.

Comment

I pleaded with the judge during my trial and I lucked out. The judge was a cool guy and dropped the charges and let me get off with a $10 clerical fine

Comment

I was reading that forum and one guy was saying how they are going to get his rsx to boost 25psi. LOL. Maaaybe if you tore down the entire block and rebuild it with amazing reinforced parts and even then its still doubtful.
                  Originally posted by CybernationsWebsite

Stage 1 RSX Complete full Kit

Type S produces 275whp at 7psi starts at $3995

Stage II RSX Turbo Kit

Type S Stage II includes fmu, piston, rods. 350-370whp at 17-20psi starts at $5299

Stage III RSX Turbo kit

Upgraded pistons, rods, sleeves, springs & retainers and Cybernation wide turbo cams 450+whp at 25psi starts at $8995

Stage IV RSX Turbo kit

Fully built race engine upgraded everything 30 to 40psi 550whp to 700+whp starts at $12595
                  25lbs seems about right for the Stage III according to cybernaton's website

Comment

Working...
                  X