Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

1st Presidential Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st Presidential Debate

Oh yeah, McCain tried very hard to make Obama look bad; but Obama didn't look bad. Though Obama does'nt have as much experience in foreign affairs, but he's still savvy and will learn real quick. He is quick witted and he was much cooler and levelheaded than McCain. I thought Obama presented himself really well. They even talked about it later that Obama was like Kennedy and McCain was more like Nixon on their historical debate. Btw; Obama was against the Iraqi war from the getgo and he specified that if we didn't go into the Iraqi war; Afghanistan wouldn't have been left aside and today they are more powerful than ever thanks to the Iraqi war. He also said that America lost touch with the problems all around the world because he said that, we concentrated so much on the Iraqi war. Obama further said that the whole world including the people of the United States opposed the war; yet the Bush administration didn't listen to no one and went ahead and todate we lost not only 4 thousand young souls, but about 30 thousand injured soldiers and after the medical bills paid it will be 1 trillion dollars lost that we could have used it in the country for the US. Meanwhile McCain said that regardless, now that we are in war though he didn't oppose the war in Iraq from the beginning; but that we should still stay in it and come out of it as a winner he said, for the sake of the soldiers that gave their lives for it. I remember back then that George Bush said that US will be in the war for two to three weeks. So much for the two to three weeks.
    Last edited by Anoush; 09-28-2008, 05:04 PM.

Comment

McCain: "I saved Bosnians from ethnic cleansing. I saved Kosovars from genocide."

Comment

Mr. Genocide denier, er, preventer
        Between childhood, boyhood,
        adolescence
        & manhood (maturity) there
        should be sharp lines drawn w/
        Tests, deaths, feats, rites
        stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
          McCain: "I saved Bosnians from ethnic cleansing. I saved Kosovars from genocide."
          He said that we must let the Kosovars have their independence...but in the next sentence Ossetians and Abkhazians don't have the right to self-determination. This makes sense to everyone else, right?

Comment

And where is our Artsax's independence????

Bloody bastard politicians that are just like notorious low lives. They bloody make me sooooo mad.

At least for now Obama says that he will make the Genocide bill to go through and he'll see that Artsax will be independent from the Azeri scums.
            Last edited by Anoush; 09-28-2008, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
              And where is our Artsax's independence????

Bloody bastard politicians that are just like notorious low lives. They bloody make me sooooo mad.

At least for now Obama says that he will make the Genocide bill to go through and he'll see that Artsax will be independent from the Azeri scums.
              In my opinion, I'm glad they don't metion it. If they apply the same logic to Artsakh's situation as they do for the independence of S. Oseetia and Abkhazia...well you get the picture.

It's better they don't get involved. Remember who controls them...they're not friends of Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
                In my opinion, I'm glad they don't metion it. If they apply the same logic to Artsakh's situation as they do for the independence of S. Oseetia and Abkhazia...well you get the picture.

It's better they don't get involved. Remember who controls them...they're not friends of Armenia.
                I don't understand why Sargsyan must have talks with two of our enemies.
                turkey and azerbaijan. Two against one. It's been 17 years now and neither Russia, the US or France who are in the minsk group haven't come up to accepting Artsax's independence.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush
                  It's been 17 years now and neither Russia, the US or France who are in the minsk group haven't come up to accepting Artsax's independence.

And why would they when it suits their interests to maintain the status quo?
                  For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                  to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
                    I don't understand why Sargsyan must have talks with two of our enemies.
                    turkey and azerbaijan. Two against one. It's been 17 years now and neither Russia, the US or France who are in the minsk group haven't come up to accepting Artsax's independence.
                    Well, the silver lining in their rhetoric is that although they "support the terretorial integrity of Azerbaijan", they are not that vociferous about it (especially compared to the Georgian situation).
                    They will recognize Arstax after Azerbaijan runs out of oil...10 years?

In the meantime Armenia will keep "negotiating" with the Tartars.

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                      And why would they when it suits their interests to maintain the status quo?
                      I know Armanen and that's exactly why I get frustrated. I know we came a long way and I suppose I shouldn't be complaining; but every now and then I get impatient... maybe it's the woman in me. I just wish things could move quicker for our sake and we'll have our lands legalised already. Crusader is right too, this moment is probably not the right one to bring the question about, but it's been a long while for our Artsaxian lands already and I am getting impatient.

Comment

Working...
                      X