Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

News in Saudi Arabia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: News in Saudi Arabia

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    That's like the theory with banning drugs and other substances... just because it's illegal doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
    It happens far too often and generally the penalties for offenders are far too soft. But one society punishes transgressors, the other allows it.

Comment

So is it better to sell your 8 yr old to eliminate debt or kill your entire family and commit suicde because you're in debt? Seems like a no win situation.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

As if sick and disgusting things don't happen in Western society. Here they only kill and then rape children. Don't demonize an entire society for the actions of few.
        I don’t see how I was demonizing their society, this was not my intention.

My post was to give the actual facts as reported by Arabs themselves. I know many do (it is natural to do) but it is not for me to pass judgment (based solely on my ethics and personal views) on other ancient societies and their cultural beliefs. That is their customs and code of conduct designed by their society which works for them and it deserves respect from others cultures regardless of how shocking it might be to us.

It is not for us to judge THEIR morality based on OUR beliefs.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

My appologies Eddo, my comment was geared toward what Hrai said. I just quoted you for the reference to the article. It's not like the Saudi's like living under the power of the Saudi Royal Family.
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

My appologies Eddo, my comment was geared toward what Hrai said. I just quoted you for the reference to the article. It's not like the Saudi's like living under the power of the Saudi Royal Family.
            Kanada. To give me an option of either selling my daughter to pay off debt or committing suicide after killing my family because of the debt.... wow guy, how about "I'll work my a*s off to pay off my debt".
            I mention a society which condones actions abhorrent to mankind.
            Most societies do have these monsters you mention, in the west, who rape/murder/rape. The western societies don't condone these monsters, that's the difference.

BTW, instances of recorded rape in Saudi Arabia are virtually nil, why?
            Because a woman who reports herself as having been raped is accused and found guilty of infidelity/adultery/sex out of marriage and is usually sentenced to death by stoning. Nice place, nice religion.

If Saudis don't like the saudi royals they could do an Iran or get the hell out of dodge. (Better than selling a child)

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
              Kanada. To give me an option of either selling my daughter to pay off debt or committing suicide after killing my family because of the debt.... wow guy, how about "I'll work my a*s off to pay off my debt".
              I mention a society which condones actions abhorrent to mankind.
              Most societies do have these monsters you mention, in the west, who rape/murder/rape. The western societies don't condone these monsters, that's the difference.

BTW, instances of recorded rape in Saudi Arabia are virtually nil, why?
              Because a woman who reports herself as having been raped is accused and found guilty of infidelity/adultery/sex out of marriage and is usually sentenced to death by stoning. Nice place, nice religion.

If Saudis don't like the saudi royals they could do an Iran or get the hell out of dodge. (Better than selling a child)
              How about you look for work for months and can't find any? Don't pretend like these aren't real world problems.

And how many rapes go UNREPORTED because young people are afraid to come forward after an occurence. Out of sight, out of mind right?

Comment

How about you look for work for months and can't find any? Don't pretend like these aren't real world problems.

And how many rapes go UNREPORTED because young people are afraid to come forward after an occurence. Out of sight, out of mind right?
                Of course these are real world problems, but you give only two options :
                sell your 8 years old daughter or kill all your family.
                Which would you do?

I mention rapes in Saudi Arabia in context of this thread, the medieval practices there which go beyond sense.

So Kanada, come on. Sell your daughter or kill all the family? Which?

(I'd do neither, either work my a*s off to repay the debt, sell my a*s off to repay the debt or lastly kill the mother who's willing to marry an 8 yrs old)

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
                  Of course these are real world problems, but you give only two options :
                  sell your 8 years old daughter or kill all your family.
                  Which would you do?

I mention rapes in Saudi Arabia in context of this thread, the medieval practices there which go beyond sense.

So Kanada, come on. Sell your daughter or kill all the family? Which?

(I'd do neither, either work my a*s off to repay the debt, sell my a*s off to repay the debt or lastly kill the mother who's willing to marry an 8 yrs old)
                  I made that mention, because there have been several news stories lately of people murdering their families and committing suicide because they were in debt. I'm not questioning your morality

Comment

Hey KanadaHye, she is not taking too kindly to this.........I wouldn't piss her off if I were you.
                    ultimately she is right about this you know.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                      Hey KanadaHye, she is not taking too kindly to this.........I wouldn't piss her off if I were you.
                      ultimately she is right about this you know.
                      Isn't this how you encourage conversation? By providing opposing views?

Comment

Working...
                      X