Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

No exception on Israeli settlement: Clinton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No exception on Israeli settlement: Clinton

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has said there must be no exceptions to President Barack Obama's demand that Israel stop its settlement activity.

Correspondents say it is the first time in years that US officials have been so vocal in calling for a settlement freeze in the Palestinian territories.

The comments come hours before Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas is to meet Mr Obama at the White House.

Israel's PM has defied US demands, saying some settlements can expand.

'Very clear'

Speaking to reporters after a meeting with her Egyptian counterpart, Mrs Clinton said that the president was "very clear" with Benjamin Netanyahu at their recent meeting that there should be a stop to all settlements.

"Not some settlements, not outposts, not natural growth exceptions. We think it is in the best interest of the effort that we are engaged in that settlement expansion cease," Mrs Clinton said.

The Israelis describe construction inside existing settlements as natural growth. Mr Netanyahu has said that this will continue .

Outposts are small settlements, sometimes with only a few people, often built without government authorisation.

The Obama administration's statements on settlements will be welcomed by the Palestinians, but it is expected to cause growing friction with Israel, the BBC's Kim Ghattas reports from Washington.

The Palestinian Authority says it has ruled out restarting peace talks with Israel unless it removes all roadblocks and freezes settlement activity in the occupied West Bank.

President Abbas is expected to reiterate the conditions during talks at the White House with Mr Obama.

Some 500,000 xxxs live in more than 100 settlements built since Israel's 1967 occupation of the West Bank and Arab East Jerusalem.

Under the US-backed 2003 roadmap peace plan, Israel is obliged to end all settlement activity, specifically including natural growth.

The plan also required the Palestinian Authority to crack down on militants who seek to attack Israelis.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Re: No exception on Israeli settlement: Clinton

eh, whatever. I support Palestinians. I just wish Israel supported us militarily because muslim countries definitely not (support for Azeris).
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

I don't support the Palestinians particularly, I used to but one thing stopped that. That was that every time a Palestinian fires a rocket, or attempts to retaliate or stop Israeli's building settlements the nationalists in Israel get more power. In summary the Palestinians are their own worse enemy because they will use more and more violence towards Israel and Israel will respond by using even greater violence.

In the end the Palestinians will lose all their territory and Israel will be whole...without the Palestinians of course. If the Palestinians stopped violence then the left wing Israeli's could help the Palestinians and listen to their frustrations and the ultra nationalism in the Israeli govt would be weakened.

Unfortunately Palestinians want their land and the only way they see it is through blood, a pointless move however since Israel can more than easily handle a few badly manufactured rockets, and cheap old guns. As a pacifist I think that the Palestinians are in the wrong, if they think they can only maintain a crumbling dislocated state and resist Israeli's through bloodshed and grouping their rocket sites in heavily populated areas to cause the most deaths of their people in Israeli air strikes. Palestinians deserve what is coming to them if they think violence and death is the only way to survive.

I admit I feel sorry for the Palestinians though. But they will not achieve anything. They just think Israel will cease to exist and keep hoping. But that day will never come. Because Israel has nuclear weapons and a powerful military, the Arab states and the Palestinians do not.

As for Israel I think one day it will stop supporting Turkey, it will just take time, after all the Israeli's don't like their Arab neighbours and the tensions are starting to mount in Turkey as the Turks have shown their true "I hate Israel" colours. It's no longer will Israel stop supporting Turkey? But when.
      Last edited by hipeter924; 05-28-2009, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post
        I don't support the Palestinians particularly, I used to but one thing stopped that. That was that every time a Palestinian fires a rocket, or attempts to retaliate or stop Israeli's building settlements the nationalists in Israel get more power. In summary the Palestinians are their own worse enemy because they will use more and more violence towards Israel and Israel will respond by using even greater violence.

In the end the Palestinians will lose all their territory and Israel will be whole...without the Palestinians of course. If the Palestinians stopped violence then the left wing Israeli's could help the Palestinians and listen to their frustrations and the ultra nationalism in the Israeli govt would be weakened.

Unfortunately Palestinians want their land and the only way they see it is through blood, a pointless move however since Israel can more than easily handle a few badly manufactured rockets, and cheap old guns. As a pacifist I think that the Palestinians are in the wrong, if they think they can only maintain a crumbling dislocated state and resist Israeli's through bloodshed and grouping their rocket sites in heavily populated areas to cause the most deaths of their people in Israeli air strikes. Palestinians deserve what is coming to them if they think violence and death is the only way to survive.

I admit I feel sorry for the Palestinians though. But they will not achieve anything. They just think Israel will cease to exist and keep hoping. But that day will never come. Because Israel has nuclear weapons and a powerful military, the Arab states and the Palestinians do not.

As for Israel I think one day it will stop supporting Turkey, it will just take time, after all the Israeli's don't like their Arab neighbours and the tensions are starting to mount in Turkey as the Turks have shown their true "I hate Israel" colours. It's no longer will Israel stop supporting Turkey? But when.
        I agree...............Palestinians never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post

You are too naďve if you think Israel will stop his genocidal destruction of Palestine under any circumstances . It can't be called "violence" compared to what they go through... would you stand still if you were being harassed, threatened, robbed and persecuted on a daily basis in your own home?
          They just have NO other choice.
          Last edited by Lucin; 05-29-2009, 05:16 AM.

Comment

I love Joowish people ,but I hate the idea of Israel, which for the sake of creating it people of many races has been Genocided.
            "All truth passes through three stages:
            First, it is ridiculed;
            Second, it is violently opposed; and
            Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
              You are too naďve if you think Israel will stop his genocidal destruction of Palestine under any circumstances . It can't be called "violence" compared to what they go through... would you stand still if you were being harassed, threatened, robbed and persecuted on a daily basis in your own home?
              They just have NO other choice.
              The Palestinians are in a concentration camp... I wouldn't exactly call the Gaza strip a vast and fertile piece of land. Their only way out of a lifetime of prison is to destroy their oppressors. The Israeli government does not value human life aside from their own. 80% of all Israeli land belongs to the government and any Arabs living in Israel are second class citizens. Israel is far from a "democracy" and their human rights record is a joke. Palestinians have NO other choice... for them it's kill or be killed.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur View Post
                I love Joowish people ,but I hate the idea of Israel, which for the sake of creating it people of many races has been Genocided.
                I do not necessarily hate an average Jew, that would be silly but I definitely do not like them as a nation nor do I as an Armenian feel any affinites towards their people...

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                The Palestinians are in a concentration camp... I wouldn't exactly call the Gaza strip a vast and fertile piece of land. Their only way out of a lifetime of prison is to destroy their oppressors. The Israeli government does not value human life aside from their own. 80% of all Israeli land belongs to the government and any Arabs living in Israel are second class citizens. Israel is far from a "democracy" and their human rights record is a joke. Palestinians have NO other choice... for them it's kill or be killed.
                KanadaHye, you are such a vile and libelous anti-Semitic scum!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
                  I do not necessarily hate an average Jew, that would be silly but I definitely do not like them as a nation nor do I as an Armenian feel any affinites towards their people...

KanadaHye, you are such a vile and libelous anti-Semitic scum!
                  Arabs are Semetic too... Judaism isn't a race. Israel isn't a country, it's a terrorist training camp. What can I say... I call em like I see them
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Our Muslim friends

By Obadiah Shoher

Hamas is Israel’s best hope. The Islamic group stands as the bastion protecting J.ews from the perils of peace process. Where the treacherous Israeli government is cowed down by the American-Saudi alliance, Hamas stands tall incidentally protecting Israelis from national suicide. Israeli politicians, J.ewish barons of the Diaspora, and their foreign friends are ready to squeeze Israel into an 8-mile-wide strip. Hamas rejects that suicide on the part of J.ews. It doesn’t matter that saving the J.ews is only a collateral product of the Hamas’ Islamic policies. The current J.ewish interests are best served by Hamas policies. Served at a very low cost, too. Rocket attacks on Sderot greatly diminished after Hamas took power in Gaza. Hamas cannot rein in the fellow Islamic fighters from Izzadin Kassam Brigades. Hamas-Kassam relationship mirrors the Muslim Brotherhood-Hamas relationship.

Hamas was too militant for the Brotherhood, while Kassam is too militant for Hamas. But for ideological reasons, no party can dissociate from another. That’s an Arab variety of the American “our scoundrels” policy. Hamas supports Kassam Brigades as “our scoundrel” against the Fatah scoundrels such as the Dughmushes. Hamas, moreover, honestly attempted to end the rocket attacks on Israel, and pressed PIJ and PRC as much as it could; Fatah never tried that much. Hamas offered Israel long-term truce. Being an honest Islamic organization, Hamas cannot sign peace with a non-Muslim state on the ostensibly Palestinian land. The insistence on truce only testifies to Hamas’ honesty and dignity: according to Islamic law, Hamas can deceive its enemy even with peace offer, but it doesn’t. In practice, long-term truce is no different from peace: no sane person doubts that Israeli-Egyptian peace treaty is really a truce. Given the recurrence of wars, historically most peace agreements appear to be truces. Hamas can guarantee Israel a decent security during the truce. Even now, during the extreme hostility between Israel and Gaza, Hamas behaves prudently and doesn’t escalate the conflict.

Hamas doesn’t fear Israeli invasion of Gaza. Such an invasion would benefit Hamas by allowing it to present itself as a capable guerrilla organization rather than inept statesmen. Hamas negotiated with Israel reasonably: for example, offered Israel to guarantee security at the crossings so that Israel can open them. Fatah, by the contrast, heaped unrealistic demands such as dismantling all checkpoints and releasing all security prisoners without a trace of reciprocity. At the bottom line, Hamas are the honest and decent Muslims, while Fatah is a band of thugs. Hamas is a painstakingly homebred organization, developed from grassroots, unlike Fatah – conceived in Cairo, bred in Jordan, brought from Tunis and built into the top gang by Israel. Jordan erred with Fatah and evicted it in the Black September when bitten by the Palestinian guerrillas, and Israel grew similarly disenchanted with Arafat who finally refused peace – apparently moved by Israeli oligarchs and the establishment figures who have great economic and political interest in continuing the occupation. Instead of abandoning the Fatah, Israel decided recycling it. But Abbas proved no more a puppet than Arafat. Both eventually adopted nationalist rhetoric and refused concessions to Israel. Unlike Hamas’ Haniyeh, Abbas cannot deliver on his promises and failed to deliver any security improvement in the West Bank even while enjoying tremendous Israeli assistance.

Two types of religious movements evolve into military force: truly mad fanatics and/or militants who are incidentally religious. Ayatollahs fall in the first category, Taliban – the second. Hamas occupies the unsustainable middle ground. It is a moderate Islamic organization which only looks radical to Israeli atheist analysts and secular Fatah gangsters. Unlike Taliban, Hamas lacks long-term military experience. Hamas’ security achievements in Gaza are therefore disappointing. Hamas predictably failed on economic issues – who can expect economic genius from Islamic guys? - and nothing less than a genius can help Gaza’s economy. Hamas, however, had a slight chance of imposing order on Gaza – and failed. Hamas initially cleansed Gaza’s streets from unorganized violence and arranged truce with Gaza’s organized criminal groups, most notably the Dughmushes. But Hamas seems incapable of sweeping security measures such as required to end Fatah’s insurrection in Gaza. Assisted by Israel, Fatah is posed to engage Hamas in terrorist war – with car bombings, rocket attacks, shootings, and peaceful protests. It took Arafat an immense security apparatus to subdue rival factions. Hamas is less brutal and artful than Arafat, and refrains from mass arrests and assassinations. But nothing less would preserve its power. Common Gazans voted for Hamas as an alternative to thuggish Fatah; failure to deliver will turn them away from Hamas. Gazans now perceive Fatah as Israeli proxy capable of opening the borders, re-enabling the massive aid flow, and possibly even giving them back the Israeli jobs they lost after the outbreak of the Second Intifada.

Hamas is too soft to impose its power on Gazans. Elections will allow Hamas to end the impasse created by its takeover of Gaza while saving face: it would step down according to the wishes of Gaza’s people, not Fatah’s. It is unlikely that Israel would end her support for Fatah or economic repressions against Gaza. Unless Hamas miraculously radicalize, it will lose the power. And Israel will lose the real peace partner.

B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                    X