Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Russia to get high-tech Israeli arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia to get high-tech Israeli arms

TEL AVIV, Israel, Sept. 7 (UPI) -- The long-term military cooperation agreement Israel has signed with Russia may be a key part of a deal under which Moscow, badly in need of foreign technology to reboot its moribund defense industry, will cancel or delay plans to sell Syria advanced systems.

Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak and his Russian counterpart, Anatoly Serdyukov signed the deal in Moscow Monday.

Neither side revealed details of the landmark agreement but Serdyukov said in a statement, "It's very important for us that in the transition to a new image, the Russian armed forces use the experience the Israeli armed forces have and the work they have done."

The Israeli media reported before Barak flew to Moscow, the first Israeli defense minister to visit Russia, that high on his agenda was persuading the Russians to cancel plans to sell Syria supersonic P-800 Yakhont cruise missiles that would pose a serious threat to Israel's navy in the Mediterranean Sea.

The Israelis fear these could be transferred to Hezbollah in Lebanon, which almost sank an Israeli corvette with an Iranian-supplied, Chinese-designed C-802 anti-ship missile soon after the 2006 war erupted.

Israel is also uneasy about a Russian agreement in May to sell Damascus MiG-29 interceptor aircraft, Pantsir short-range air-defense missiles and armored vehicles.

It has also been deeply concerned about a 2007 contract under which Moscow would sell Iran five batteries of advanced, long-range S-300PMU air-defense missiles systems.

Moscow initially delayed delivery of the weapons under intense U.S. and Israeli diplomatic pressure, then announced it couldn't deliver the systems after the United Nations on June 9 imposed a fourth round of economic sanctions on Iran over its contentious nuclear program.

Iran needs the powerful systems to boost protection of its nuclear infrastructure, which it fears Israeli will attack.

Western intelligence sources say they suspect that Israel may have concluded that Moscow's commitments to Iran and Syria, the Islamic Republic's Arab ally, weren't considered solid enough to deter closer links with Russia.

If that's the case, this could give the Israelis greater leverage over future Russian military sales to their adversaries in the Middle East.

Serdyukov said Monday's agreement followed Russia's first military purchase from Israel, 12 unmanned aerial vehicles.

Russia doesn't have the technology to build the sophisticated UAVs now used by the Americans, British and French in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Israel is a leading manufacturer of such high-tech craft.

Serdyukov provided no details of the UAV deal but in April 2009 Moscow bought 12 UAVs built by state-run Israel Aerospace Industries, flagship of Israel's defense industry under a $53 million deal.

The craft included IAI's second-tier craft, the Bird Eye 400 mini-UAV, the I-View MK 150 tactical drone and the medium-range Searcher Mark 2.

It was Russia's first purchase of a foreign weapons system.

Last June, the Israeli daily Haaretz reported that negotiations were under way between IAI and Moscow on setting up a $300 million-$400 million plant in Russia to build UAVs.

But Israel, Haaretz said, was reluctant to provide Moscow with sensitive technology that could end up in the hands of Israel's enemies.

The possibility of Moscow delivering the S-300 missiles to Iran was also undoubtedly a factor in Israel's decision at that time. But since Moscow has since formally announced it won't deliver the S-300s to Tehran, that obstacle would appear to have been removed.

At the time, Russia was reportedly seeking to acquire 50 Israeli UAVs, particularly long-endurance craft. These included IAI's Heron, the largest Israeli surveillance drone with a 54-foot wingspan. It can stay aloft for 50 hours at an altitude of 30,000 feet.

In June, the Western media quoted Ruslan Pukhov, director of the Center for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies, a Moscow research institute, as saying Moscow was ready to buy arms worth $12 billion from Europe and Israel, including IAI.

Another indication of how the relationship between Israel and Russia seems to be warming came from Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.

He disclosed after Monday's agreement was signed that Moscow hopes to build a laser ranging ground station in Israel for the Global Navigation Satellite System, or Glonass, the Russian equivalent of the U.S.-designed Global Positioning System.

The long-term military cooperation agreement Israel has signed with Russia may be a key part of a deal under which Moscow, badly in need of foreign technology to reboot its moribund defense industry, will cancel or delay plans to sell Syria advanced systems.

Re: Russia to get high-tech Israeli arms

Soon or later Armenia would be able to sell to Russians UAV-es supplied with military laser technology.
    Let it be, let be ...

Comment

I do not know if anyone here believes in the Book of Revelation...
      but in the NT it mentions the nations of the world will do battle with one another
      and the weapons will be as fast as a blink of the eye, that the means of the
      ICBMs, the Minute man missles, from the 1970s, I know...these are obsolete by
      now, ah hah, okay, but you get my point.

When the world can destroy itself in less than a few minutes--then you can
      believe we are in the end times.

I know alot of Evangelicals preach this, and some Catholics do and I do
      read the NT and I can even see where this is all leading.

The Lord's return.

Dedicated Bible scholars know the NT back and forth...they study it and relate it
      to our modern events...wow.

It is sad though. So that means we as a mankind has disappointed the Lord.

But it is a catch -22 of sorts. If we do as the Budhists of Tibet, and spend all the
      time praying and being against weapons and war--then the Chinese went into
      Tibet and look what happened to those priests and citizens!

The Chinese ruined the Buddhist temples, and did alot of things. One man
      a Buddhist was interviewed on a program and he said his priest and religion states
      it is wrong to "hate" or feel "hate" but there are different levels of "compassion."

So he said, "I have small compassion for the Chinese."

Point well taken.

So if one has to, one has to take up arms and fight an invading army.
      There is no other choice.

In 9th century Russia everyone had to united. In Greece. In Spain.

Inthe 5-10th centuries the Byzantine armies had to constantly fight the invading
      Turkish/Ottoman Muslims. It was a game of cat and mouse really. They would
      advance and the army of the emperor would fight and push them back.
      back and forth this would go until one day....1453!

The communities of Greece learned the hard way. That is why the Armenians and
      Greeks had to take up arms. there was really no choice in many instances.

I wish everyone could live in peace. But I see it did not do well for the Tibetians.

And then the giving back of Hong Kong. That I know the British had a 99 year
      'so called deal with the Chinese govt. But why not let the citizens of Hong Kong
      be independent? I know it is a quasi kind of "indpeendence." yeah. ah hah.

Then macou.

Now they have had their lusting on a Taiwan. Oh and they don't want any part
      of Chinese control.

Now this is interesting, I read on a magazine of Fortune, that the Mao Tse Tung
      is on the cover and it mentions how the Chinese are buying into alot of
      failed corporations and they are buying up companies like it is the lotto.

They are doing this all over the globe. Just it is not as well known.

China was better under Confusius. (I know I spelled his name wrong), okay.

Some Evangelicals are making headway into China to convert them to Christianity.
      To get them to accept the Lord and do what is good.

But it is still illegal to be with any religion. The state still acts like a dictatorship.
      It is a situation of "different name-same thing."

The people deserve a better situation there.

So in the end, sometimes one has to fight to defend. Look at France,
      America, Spain, this is how it is. That is why nations like America and
      Great Britian had to fight in WWI, and WWII as they were defending the
      freedoms of their nations and for everyone that likes freedom and
      democracy.

Most people you take a poll, say they do not like war. But it is also known
      they know it is sometimes necessary.
      Sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by Christina View Post
        The people deserve a better situation there.

So in the end, sometimes one has to fight to defend. Look at France,
        America, Spain, this is how it is. That is why nations like America and
        Great Britian had to fight in WWI, and WWII as they were defending the
        freedoms of their nations and for everyone that likes freedom and
        democracy.

Most people you take a poll, say they do not like war. But it is also known
        they know it is sometimes necessary.
        Sad but true.
        Freedom and Democracy? They were duped into war by world j3wry. Nothing has changed since then. P.S. It's called the Good News Bible, not the depressing, it's the end of world bible. The media was used extensively in both world wars to convince populations to go to war. Again, nothing much has changed since then.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Christina when you shouldnt be hogging that weed grown on holly ground, give me a hit when your done with it.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
          X