Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Japan Earthquake: Helicopter aerial view video of giant tsunami waves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan Earthquake: Helicopter aerial view video of giant tsunami waves

Looks bad and thousands are feared dead.

Re: Japan Earthquake: Helicopter aerial view video of giant tsunami waves

This quake is massive and you have to wonder if their any kind of natural disaster that Japan doesn't get?

A magnitude 8.9 quake -- the biggest to hit Japan since record-keeping began in the 1800s -- slammed the country's northeastern coast, unleashing a wall of dark water that swept boats, cars, buildings and tons of debris miles inland. Authorities said 200 to 300 bodies have been recovered in Sendai, the northeastern coastal city closest to the quake's epicenter.

A massive tsunami triggered by one of the largest earthquakes ever recorded smashed into Japan's eastern coast Friday, killing hundreds of people as it swept away boats, cars and homes as widespread fires raged.

Tsunami waves hit Hawaii hours later, and warnings blanketed the entire Pacific, as far away as South America, Canada, Alaska and the entire U.S. West Coast.

http://www.northcountrypublicradio.o...i-batter-japan
    Last edited by retro; 03-11-2011, 12:50 PM.

Comment

One two punch Japs were well prepared for this. They even contained a immenent Nuclear disaster. The casualties will be much less than the last big one.

Hope the best for recovery efforts.

Only 5-7 min warning for this Tsunami. Most Japs know when earth shakes like that, you can bet tsunami will follow.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Japan nuclear plant explosion world wide aftereffects

Is it comparable with Hiroshima Nagasaki?
        I mean the area it covers.

Comment

Re: Japan nuclear plant explosion world wide aftereffects

Originally posted by gegev View Post
          Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Nuclear power station explosion Fukushima Japan

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
              No it's more like a dirty bomb! Their are two off line, reactors melting down at the plant Fukushima, due to cooling systems failure. If the reactor in question, (no. 2) containment vessel has been badly breached by the explosion. The fallout area could be global and much would depend, upon how much radiological material is released into the atmosphere and weather pattens.
              Last edited by retro; 03-12-2011, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Whatever the death toll ends up being in this disaster it will be far less then what it would have been if this happened anywhere else in the world. It is absolutely incredible to me that those buildings withstood such a quake. I cant help but remember the Spitak quake and all the deaths that could have been prevented.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by retro View Post
                  No it's more like a dirty bomb! Their are two off line, reactors melting down at the plant Fukushima, due to cooling systems failure. If the reactor in question, (no. 2) containment vessel has been badly breached by the explosion. The fallout area could be global and much would depend, upon how much radiological material is released into the atmosphere and weather pattens.
                  Reminds me of Chernobyl, when Russia was known as the Soviet Union. My friend, she was at the
                  beach and all of a sudden that night, her hair was falling out! She said no one of the local government
                  told the people. She said the government and mayor, all those, they were warned in advance.
                  The radiation via the wind, as you mention, made the radiation travel through Europe, and I clearly
                  recall the anger that the country of Switzerland spoke out on this. I do recall correctly it made it's
                  way to the United States and through western USA. I clearly recall the local news saying to the
                  citizens: close your doors and windows.
                  yeah. Right. radiation can go through anything. That is why when they do a test at the hospital or
                  doctor's office, they cover you with a heavy metal or something blanket so it susposedly
                  "absorbs" the radiation particles. yeah, right.
                  I say, this is a mess. I am not for nuclear power plants.
                  I like the traditional method. I know it had it's drawbacks, but sure beats this situation!

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    Whatever the death toll ends up being in this disaster it will be far less then what it would have been if this happened anywhere else in the world. It is absolutely incredible to me that those buildings withstood such a quake. I cant help but remember the Spitak quake and all the deaths that could have been prevented.
                    I do believe there was a television program eons ago, like 20 years ago, studying the method of reinforcing
                    commercial and other buildings for earthquakes, that it made the building move a certain way to
                    take in the movement of the EQs.

Does anyone here remember those articles?
                    They made a big deal about how it is better improvement than the ones in United States and
                    else where. I wonder....But a Tsunami, that nothing can prevent or keep back.

Oh my.

Comment

Working...
                    X