Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!


2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.


- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.


8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Japanese American community trying to have Glendale's Korean comfort women statue removed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Re: Japanese American community trying to have Glendale's Korean comfort women statue removed

    Originally posted by TomServo View Post
    This is why I'm kinda glad that the forum was renamed HyeClub; visitors are far more likely than ever before to be Armenians (not that being Armenian doesn't mean you can't be disgusted by some of the commentary here).
    As I read the daily list of members who are viewing the forum, I mostly see non Armenian participants.
    Unlike when I first joined the forum, where I'd see many Armenian names or handles.
    And unlike the several years emmediatlely preceding my joining this forum, where a great many ACTIVE participants seemed to be Armenian & show real concern for Armenian issues.
    Real concern & understanding.
    Seems like most of the members now a days don't participate at all. But then seems like most of the members aren't Armenian.
    This forum seems to have eliminated most of the active Armenian participation, while letting the Turk apologists have virtually a free & and unhindered pass.
    Ya, disgusted to find so few Armenians participating on the HYEclub & disgusted to see so many Armenians want to point out that turks aren't the only ones who have ...
    HARK

    Comment


    • #22
      Re: Japanese American community trying to have Glendale's Korean comfort women statue removed

      Japan may have apologized, and many in Japan are aware of their country's past crimes, however there are many in Japan that also deny their nation's prior wrong doings and believe much of it to be exaggerated or completely fabricated.
      Due to budget cuts the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

      Comment


      • #23
        Re: Japanese American community trying to have Glendale's Korean comfort women statue removed

        Originally posted by ara87 View Post
        Japan may have apologized, and many in Japan are aware of their country's past crimes, however there are many in Japan that also deny their nation's prior wrong doings and believe much of it to be exaggerated or completely fabricated.
        Yes, you are absolutely right. Also the identicle is true in Germany & of Germans. I have personally met at least two Germans who if you let them would explain in great detail that the xxxish genocide never occurred. Also can find many Americans that deny or are xxxish haters.
        There is a dramatic and distinct difference between these groups & the denial of the Armenian genocide by the turk govt --- GOVERNMENT --- and the OVERWHELMING turk population & the propagating of these lies by the turk govt to the turk population.
        Neither Japan, nor Germany govt's hire frauds to deny or marginalized.
        Neither is there a collusion amongst countries to deny the 2nd genocide.
        These points that have been brought up are not appropriate in the discussion of the Armenian genocide that took place & IS taking place.
        They are inepropriate & margenalizing. A distraction from the point which is an apologist tool albeit a worthless one.
        One need look no further than the well educated champions of truth who have written extensively are the meriad fraudulent denialist lies.
        These kinds of arguments have no place in the Armenian genocide discussion & certainly no place in an ARMENIAN forum.
        Artashes
        HARK

        Comment


        • #24
          Re: Japanese American community trying to have Glendale's Korean comfort women statue removed

          Originally posted by Artashes View Post
          Yes, you are absolutely right. Also the identicle is true in Germany & of Germans. I have personally met at least two Germans who if you let them would explain in great detail that the xxxish genocide never occurred. Also can find many Americans that deny or are xxxish haters.
          There is a dramatic and distinct difference between these groups & the denial of the Armenian genocide by the turk govt --- GOVERNMENT --- and the OVERWHELMING turk population & the propagating of these lies by the turk govt to the turk population.
          Neither Japan, nor Germany govt's hire frauds to deny or marginalized.
          Neither is there a collusion amongst countries to deny the 2nd genocide.
          These points that have been brought up are not appropriate in the discussion of the Armenian genocide that took place & IS taking place.
          They are inepropriate & margenalizing. A distraction from the point which is an apologist tool albeit a worthless one.
          One need look no further than the well educated champions of truth who have written extensively are the meriad fraudulent denialist lies.
          These kinds of arguments have no place in the Armenian genocide discussion & certainly no place in an ARMENIAN forum.
          Artashes
          So, a news item posted in the General News section of the General Discussion section has "no place in an ARMENIAN forum". Will Artashes tell us what subjects he feels should be posted in the General News section of the General Discussion section of this forum? And also explain why he now states that the subject "has no place in the Armenian genocide discussion" given that he was the person who, with his racist posting, first tried to connect this news item to the issue of Turkey and the Armenian Genocide?
          Plenipotentiary meow!

          Comment


          • #25
            Re: Japanese American community trying to have Glendale's Korean comfort women statue removed

            Originally posted by TomServo View Post
            Turkey is not uniquely loathsome in its denial of human rights abuses and atrocities...

            Public display of the statue is apparently "promoting hate towards the people and nation of Japan."

            34,894 signatures needed and more than 65,000 collected as of this posting.

            https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...-park/3zLr8dZh
            Originally posted by Artashes View Post
            Yes, you are absolutely right. Also the identicle is true in Germany & of Germans. I have personally met at least two Germans who if you let them would explain in great detail that the xxxish genocide never occurred. Also can find many Americans that deny or are xxxish haters.
            There is a dramatic and distinct difference between these groups & the denial of the Armenian genocide by the turk govt --- GOVERNMENT --- and the OVERWHELMING turk population & the propagating of these lies by the turk govt to the turk population.
            Neither Japan, nor Germany govt's hire frauds to deny or marginalized.
            Neither is there a collusion amongst countries to deny the 2nd genocide.
            These points that have been brought up are not appropriate in the discussion of the Armenian genocide that took place & IS taking place.
            They are inepropriate & margenalizing. A distraction from the point which is an apologist tool albeit a worthless one.
            One need look no further than the well educated champions of truth who have written extensively are the meriad fraudulent denialist lies.
            These kinds of arguments have no place in the Armenian genocide discussion & certainly no place in an ARMENIAN forum.
            Artashes
            Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
            So, a news item posted in the General News section of the General Discussion section has "no place in an ARMENIAN forum". Will Artashes tell us what subjects he feels should be posted in the General News section of the General Discussion section of this forum? And also explain why he now states that the subject "has no place in the Armenian genocide discussion" given that he was the person who, with his racist posting, first tried to connect this news item to the issue of Turkey and the Armenian Genocide?
            Yes, I (Artashes) will be happy to tell you & all who are reading.
            First, the thread was started by announcing that " turky is not the only loathsome..."
            ts wrote that. So your accusation that I was the first who tried to connect this with turkee has no merit.
            It was this connection made by ts that was and is objectionable.
            Second, you once again bring up your accusation of me being racist.
            As I pointed out to you , the accusations I presented are to be found in virtually EVERY historical account of the mongols, Huns, & turks. Except for their own glorifying historicle accounts & possibly northern Afghanistan, ALL other accounts from all other countries and historians express the extreme cruelty & heartlessness of this group.
            Your once again accusation that that is my exclusive racisist attitude is without merit.
            If you go to the various highly respected scholars who have written of the fraudulent scam by turkee & the west to deny the ligitimate complaint of whitewashing & margenalizing & denying the first genocide of the 20th century , you will find these arguments I have made are covered extensively & by renowned scholars who express themselves far better than I.
            Artashes
            HARK

            Comment


            • #26
              Re: Japanese American community trying to have Glendale's Korean comfort women statue removed

              Well said Artashes....thats what I am talking about.
              B0zkurt Hunter

              Comment


              • #27
                Re: Japanese American community trying to have Glendale's Korean comfort women statue removed

                Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                If you go to the various highly respected scholars who have written of the fraudulent scam by turkee & the west to deny the ligitimate complaint of whitewashing & margenalizing & denying the first genocide of the 20th century , you will find these arguments I have made are covered extensively & by renowned scholars who express themselves far better than I.
                Artashes
                In which specific academic journals or texts can such renowned scholarship be found?

                Comment


                • #28
                  Re: Japanese American community trying to have Glendale's Korean comfort women statue removed

                  Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                  Yes, you are absolutely right. Also the identicle is true in Germany & of Germans. I have personally met at least two Germans who if you let them would explain in great detail that the xxxish genocide never occurred. Also can find many Americans that deny or are xxxish haters.
                  There is a dramatic and distinct difference between these groups & the denial of the Armenian genocide by the turk govt --- GOVERNMENT --- and the OVERWHELMING turk population & the propagating of these lies by the turk govt to the turk population.
                  Neither Japan, nor Germany govt's hire frauds to deny or marginalized.
                  Neither is there a collusion amongst countries to deny the 2nd genocide.
                  These points that have been brought up are not appropriate in the discussion of the Armenian genocide that took place & IS taking place.
                  They are inepropriate & margenalizing. A distraction from the point which is an apologist tool albeit a worthless one.
                  One need look no further than the well educated champions of truth who have written extensively are the meriad fraudulent denialist lies.
                  These kinds of arguments have no place in the Armenian genocide discussion & certainly no place in an ARMENIAN forum.
                  Artashes
                  Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                  Yes, I (Artashes) will be happy to tell you & all who are reading.
                  First, the thread was started by announcing that " turky is not the only loathsome..."
                  ts wrote that. So your accusation that I was the first who tried to connect this with turkee has no merit.
                  It was this connection made by ts that was and is objectionable.
                  Second, you once again bring up your accusation of me being racist.
                  As I pointed out to you , the accusations I presented are to be found in virtually EVERY historical account of the mongols, Huns, & turks. Except for their own glorifying historicle accounts & possibly northern Afghanistan, ALL other accounts from all other countries and historians express the extreme cruelty & heartlessness of this group.
                  Your once again accusation that that is my exclusive racisist attitude is without merit.
                  If you go to the various highly respected scholars who have written of the fraudulent scam by turkee & the west to deny the ligitimate complaint of whitewashing & margenalizing & denying the first genocide of the 20th century , you will find these arguments I have made are covered extensively & by renowned scholars who express themselves far better than I.
                  Artashes
                  Originally posted by TomServo View Post
                  In which specific academic journals or texts can such renowned scholarship be found?
                  Unbelievable question!!!!!
                  Israel Charny
                  Deborah Lipstadt
                  Seamus Heaney
                  Arthur Miller
                  Norman Mailer
                  John Updike
                  Kurt Vonnegut
                  To name but a feww of at least 150 of some of the worlds most respected thinkers & scholars.
                  And you can't find a specific academic journal?????
                  And you are not familiar with any academic work?????
                  How utterly pathetic
                  From Artashes
                  HARK

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X