Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Consequences Of Attacking Iran And Why Tehran Is Not Worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Consequences Of Attacking Iran And Why Tehran Is Not Worried

Al-Maliki encourages Iran's growing presence in Iraq

On the surface, Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's visit to Tehran on Aug. 8 to talk with President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was another effort to enlist Iran's help in bringing security to Iraq. The real purpose, however, was quite different. Al-Maliki's trip helped smooth the way for the Iranian clerics to install a sister Islamic republic in Iraq. Al-Maliki met with the supreme leader Ali Khamenei, President Ahmadinejad and other senior officials. Maliki told Ahmadinejad that Tehran is playing a "positive and constructive" role in improving security in Iraq.

Tehran's leaders were quick to praise al-Maliki. Iranian television broadcast a statement of support for al-Maliki from Khamenei while calling for the American forces to leave Iraq. "We should support the elected government of Iraq, and all of the factions and ethnic groups should cooperate with the elected government," Khamenei said. While al-Maliki builds relations with the Iranian regime, the Iraqi people as well as his own government reject him. Out of his 37 cabinet members, 17 have resigned or stopped attending official meetings, which is virtually grinding the executive branch to a halt.

Al-Maliki's agenda is clearly at odds with that of the rest of Iraq. Under his watch, Iran has dramatically increased its deadly intervention in Iraq. On Aug. 6, Lt. Gen. Raymond Odierno reported that 75 percent of the attacks that kill or injure Americans in Iraq are committed by Shiite militias that are trained, armed and funded by Iran. These attacks include Iran-manufactured explosively formed penetrators, or EFPs, which are the number one killer of American forces in Iraq. Odierno stated that the 99 attacks utilizing EFPs in July were an "all-time high." So, what has al-Maliki done in response to the very high price that American service men and women are paying for his country and the region?

Instead of fulfilling his duty to disband and disarm the militias, al-Maliki has further empowered the militias who are major contributors to sectarian violence and killings in Iraq. Instead of building unity among all factions in Iraq, al-Maliki has used the opportunity to strengthen his own pro-Tehran faction within the government. Instead of attempting to secure the country by cutting off the suppliers of weapons and explosives, he has signaled to Tehran that the violence perpetrated by its eastern neighbor is actually improving the security in Iraq.

Days after U.S. Ambassador Ryan Crocker presented a long list of terrorist activities by Tehran as the main source of instability in Iraq, al-Maliki told his Iranian counterparts that Iran's role is positive. A day before his trip to Tehran, in an interview with al-Iraqia television, al-Maliki called for the expulsion of Iran's main opposition movement, which has a base headquarters in Ashraf City, Iraq. Iran's leaders consider this anti-regime group, the Mujahedeen Khalq, its most formidable threat, and a major obstacle to Tehran's complete domination of Iraq. "The presence of the [Mujahedeen Khalq] in Iraq is detrimental to Iran's security," he stated. Al-Maliki is apparently more concerned about the security of the Iranian regime than the security of Iraq. Iran is throwing everything it has behind the radical Shiites in Iraq in order to escalate the fighting and convince the U.S. Congress to retreat, leaving Iraq wide open for the mullahs in Tehran to finish their job.

Instead of negotiating with the Iranian regime, or relying on Iraqi elements with close ties with Tehran to mediate a secure Iraq, the United States should decisively dismantle Tehran's terror structure in Iraq, empower the more moderate and secular voices of Iraq -- Shiites, Sunni and Kurds -- and put Tehran on the defensive by reaching out to the democratic opposition in Iran that is already engaged in bringing about democratic change in Iran. President Bush said that "if the signal [from al-Maliki] is that Iran is constructive, I will have a heart-to-heart with my friend the prime minister, because I don't believe they [the Iranian leaders] are constructive." Mr. President, the heart-to-heart is long overdue.

Source: http://www.ncr-iran.org/content/view/3980/125/
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
      Instead of fulfilling his duty to disband and disarm the militias, al-Maliki has further empowered the militias who are major contributors to sectarian violence and killings in Iraq. Instead of building unity among all factions in Iraq, al-Maliki has used the opportunity to strengthen his own pro-Tehran faction within the government. ...
      As long as these people will continue to shiite in their own house, there will be deaths deaths and more deaths in Iraq. They fought with Iran for about a decade ... now they think Iran is the solution? Idiots.
      this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
        ... now they think Iran is the solution? Idiots.
        As opposed to thinking that Sunnis or the Americans there are the solution??? Who's the idiot?

What choice do the Shiites have in Iraq, Sip jan?

The fact of the matter is Shiites in Iraq had no choice but to fight for Saddam in the 80s. And today many in the Shiite population of Iraq look at it as their shame. Shiite-Sunni animosity goes back hundreds of years. In essence, Saddam was to Iraq what Tito was to Yugoslavia. Saddam held together, by brutal force, three countries into one artificial entity called Iraq. What's more Shiites were brutally betrayed by the US in the early 90s. And they also realize the real reason why the US and its allies are in the region today - control and plunder. Thus, the Shiites of the region look at the Sunnis and the Americans in the same light. And they look at Iran as their only salvation.

Sip, honestly. I know you mean well, but when you 'force' an issue, especially one that you don't have a complete understanding of, you end up making foolish comments like the one you just did and many-many others like it in the past. Much like your buddy, Siamanto
        Last edited by Armenian; 08-20-2007, 10:18 AM.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

As opposed to thinking that Sunnis or the Americans there are the solution???
          Who thinks that?
          this post = teh win.

Comment

Hey, what happened to the other article you just had about Iran and Armenia? Did you delete it or am I getting senile?

That's definitley the kind of stuff I look forward to reading when I click into this thread.
            this post = teh win.

Comment

I'm not sure if this piece of news belongs to this thread but it's worth mentioning it in this great thread...

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad attended a suite symphony performed by famous Iranian-Armenian composer Loris Tjeknavorian Sunday evening.

'The Prophet of Love and Hope' symphony dedicated to the holy prophet of Islam, Hazrat Mohammad (Peace Be Upon Him), was composed by Mehdi Shojaei and prepared for orchestra by Tjeknavorian.

It is performed by Tehran Orchestra at the Vahdat Hall, downtown Tehran.

The symphony is a combination of music, words and musical play.

President Ahmadinejad went on the stage at the end of the program to appreciate Tjeknavorian and his group for performing the piece.

"Art is the most beautiful way of expressing the truth," said the president.

The symphony will be performed until August 24 after being extended twice due to massive public welcome.

Source: http://www1.irna.com/en/news/view/li...8016195724.htm

Comment

I wonder what Azeris are going to whine about?
                --------------------------

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran will pay a two-day visit to neighbouring Republic of Azerbaijan within the coming days, said Iran's Ambassador to Azerbaijan, Nasser Hamidi Zare' on Monday.

President Ahmadinejad will discuss major bilateral, regional and international developments with senior Azeri officials during his two-day visit.

This is the first official visit to Azerbaijan of President Ahmadinejad since he took office in 2005.

Promotion of Tehran-Baku relations as well bilateral cooperation on political, economic and cultural fields are among major topics to be discussed in President Ahmadinejad's talks with Azeri officials, said the ambassador.

He added further promotion of Tehran-Baku cooperation in economic, commercial and energy fields as well as facilitation of visits of the two states' nationals are among major subjects to be discussed during the Iranian president's upcoming visit to Azerbaijan.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper View Post
                  I wonder what Azeris are going to whine about?
                  Cordial and mutually beneficial Armeno-Iranian relations.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Cordial and mutually beneficial
                    Armeno-Iranian relations.
                    I'm surprised Azeris haven't yet dreamed up an Armenian ancestry in Ahmedinejad to explain for the ties. This seems to be their sharpest geopolitical skill: "spot the Armenian".

You wonder how much of what they discuss makes it into the ears of someone several hundred miles West.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
                      Hey, what happened to the other article you just had about Iran and Armenia? Did you delete it or am I getting senile?
                      You may have many problems but senility is not one of them

Iran to cement ties with Armenia

Iran's Vice President for Physical Education, has discussed the expansion of mutual cooperation with the Armenian President in Yerevan. In a Monday meeting Robert Kocharian and Mohammad Aliabadi, called the level of the two countries' relations significant, emphasizing the necessity of broadening the bilateral ties. Aliabadi called the memorandum signed between the Iranian Physical Education Organization and Armenia's Ministry of Sport and Youth a great step in boosting the two countries' relations in the field of sports. In a meeting with Minister of Territorial Admin, Hovik Abrahamyan and Minster of Foreign Affairs, Vartan Oskanian, Aliabadi underlined Tehran's readiness to expand cooperation with Yerevan in different fields. “Iran's Armenian population plays a significant role in bringing the two countries closer,” he said. Abrahamyan said that the participation of Iran's Armenian athletes in the Fourth Pan-Armenian Games is a sign of the two countries' friendly relations. “The Iranian President's visit to Armenia which is scheduled before the end of 2007, will greatly improve the political, economic and cultural cooperation between Tehran and Yerevan,” Abrahamyan concluded.

Source: http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...onid=351020101

Նժդեհ

Comment

Working...
                      X