Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Consequences Of Attacking Iran And Why Tehran Is Not Worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Consequences Of Attacking Iran And Why Tehran Is Not Worried

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
    And what do you all make of the claims that if an attack took place against Iran, Armenia would see a large influx of Iranian refugees?
    Since most of those refugees would be Azeris, perhaps oil-rich Ilham Aliyev's Azerbaijan will take them in.

Actually, scratch that. I forgot that the Iranian Azeris are going to be used by the U.S., like the Kurds in Iraq. If the refugees from Iran are Kurdish or Persian, I'm not sure if Ilham Aliyev's Azerbaijan will take them in.

Comment

I've met a few Iranian azeri and from what I understood they see no relationship with fake azerbaijan in any sense. In fact they are a bit ticked off that their name has been usurped by nomads, so I'm not sure if they would flee to fake azerbaijan.

As for Iranian azeris being used against official Tehran, I don't see it because many of the top positions in Tehran are filled by ethnic Azari. The Baluchs in eastern Iran would be more likely to turn against official Tehran, and even that would be no easy task for the cia.
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

True, I'd say a large majority are loyal to Iran. But there are always nutbags like that Chehregani psychopath.

Comment

i would think an overwhelmingly huge portion of the population is ready to aggressively respond to a u.s. attack like the japanese during wwII. the japanese were teaching five year olds to use brooms, sticks, rocks, knives, shards of glass - any means - to fight and defend the homeland.

after this iraq fiasco, and U.S.'s dogged involvement in iran's history, and the entire irritation of the muslim world, the iranians are ready to confront and take the u.s. to the last drop of sweat, tear and blood.

i dont think there would be any flow of refugees for a while until the army government/army starts to fail or if the u.s. uses a nuke (this is in fact a real option that united states will consider if it finds its troops are threatened with annihilation - fücking bastards so cowardly and unwilling to fight a real war.)

so yeah, i guess dont expect refugees in the beginning. maybe there wont be any at all - hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by SoyElTurco View Post
            uses a nuke (this is in fact a real option that united states will consider if it finds its troops are threatened with annihilation - fücking bastards so cowardly and unwilling to fight a real war.).
            My concern was always that posibility. Quite simply, if the US commits to war with Iran and Iran continues to retaliate and escalate -- US may resort to nukes -- losing is simply not an option. Although it looks like Iran war is not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by skhara View Post
              My concern was always that posibility. Quite simply, if the US commits to war with Iran and Iran continues to retaliate and escalate -- US may resort to nukes -- losing is simply not an option. Although it looks like Iran war is not going to happen.

indeed, the war seems very unlikely. the world will punish the US by dumping all US debt which will in effect crush the dollar and the economy.

The world is fed-up with US unilateralism. They wont tolerate anymore of it.

read petrodollar warfare by william clark.

Comment

Originally posted by SoyElTurco View Post
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XQan...eature=related

indeed, the war seems very unlikely. the world will punish the US by dumping all US debt which will in effect crush the dollar and the economy.

The world is fed-up with US unilateralism. They wont tolerate anymore of it.

read petrodollar warfare by william clark.
                That guy was pretty much spot on with what I was thinking. Very good. Seymore Hersh I see is next to him and is one of my favorite investigative journalists.

Comment

Unlike some of my colleagues, I believe that Israel is fighting a no-choice war that we must do everything possible to win. Air strikes, ground operations - whatever it takes so that Hezbollah, exhausted and beaten, pulls back and a multinational force is deployed along the international border together with the Lebanese Army, in keeping with Security Council Resolution 1559. If Hezbollah does not cooperate with a UN-mediated agreement stipulating that it give up its heavy weapons, and refuses to stay north of the Litani River, the IDF will have no choice but to keep up the attacks and pound away at Hezbollah, crushing it outpost by outpost. The rules of the game dictated by Hezbollah are going to have to change. A status quo ante is out of the question.

The conflict with Hezbollah cannot be allowed to deteriorate into a war of attrition. It must not be expanded beyond its stated goals. And the Israeli public must not be overly put to the test, lest the "wonderful home front" blow up in the government's face. The trouble is that we don't have all the time in the world. Condeleezza Rice is on her way. She will shuttle back and forth, back and forth, until the moment comes for a cease-fire agreement. We can only hope that the army reverts to its old self and has the wisdom and good sense to know what to do and when to do it, to produce the desired outcome.
                  This article kind of made be crack up because Hezbollah was losing power in Lebanon prior to the Israeli invasion. As a result of effectively bombing peaceful cities in Lebanon and killing innocent people that had nothing to do with Hezbollah, Hezbollah gained support and is now effectively another branch of Lebanon's military with a political wing now in power.

The real reason is that Israel doesn't want a prosperous, democratic state in the middle east. Lebanon even today (despite Hezbollah gaining more support) is still pro-western in several areas. Every day Israel tries to brand Hezbollah as a dangerous terrorist organisation, when its only role today is effectively rebuilding Lebanon from the attack and preparing to defend the country again.

Perhaps Israel should visit Lebanon before it starts branding it as some sort of terrorist state. Because last time I checked Christians and Muslims tolerate each other in Lebanon (and fought a bloody and horrific civil war to gain that tolerance). Ah the irony.

Comment

I was wondering what you guys would think of this press release from Debka. Debka is an Israeli military intelligence site and though this drone weapon of theirs should be recognized, perhaps their claims should be taken with a grain of salf? What do you think Zoravar?

(btw, I couldn't find a picture of the harop loiter drone, but its predecessor, the harpy. Let me know if you find the harop's image.)

New Israel killer drone can take out Iran's S-300 anti-air missile

The Israeli air industries first unveiled its new Harop "loiter drone" for taking out ground-to-air missiles at the annual Aero-India 2009 air show which closed recently at Bangalore.

The Iranian media were first to disclose that this sophisticated Israeli drone is capable of targeting the Russian radar-equipped S-300 anti-air missile before it enters attack mode .

DEBKAfile's military sources report that while Iran has contracted to buy from Russia five S-300 batteries worth $800 m to defend its nuclear sites against potential aerial attack, India and Turkey are interested in Israel's Harop killer-drone. Our sources report that the Tehran media made much of the new Israeli drone as a means of pushing Moscow to set the new batteries' delivery dates which the Russian suppliers have so far withheld.

The Harop is an upgraded version of the Harpy with more advanced features for taking out radar installations and anti-air missile installations. It can travel 1,000 km to patrol an assigned area and loiter there until a hostile target is exposed. Its 23-kilo warhead then strikes the target before it is activated in attack mode.

The Russian S-300 missile purchased by Tehran is one such target. It is classified in the West as a "game-changer" designed to rule out air attacks on its nuclear sites. This missile system is capable of engaging up to 100 targets at once, tracking targets with a mobile radar station which is immune to jamming.

The Harop is an expendable unmanned aerial vehicle which can sustain a mission of several hours over an assigned area. Operated by electro-optical sensors, Harop can detect weapons systems in inert mode, weapons on the move and radar installations switched off to avoid detection.

Our military experts maintain that once it penetrates Iranian airspace, this drone can silence surface-to-air batteries and open the skies to aerial and missile attack.

Last edited by jgk3; 02-25-2009, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                      I was wondering what you guys would think of this press release from Debka. Debka is an Israeli military intelligence site and though this drone weapon of theirs should be recognized, perhaps their claims should be taken with a grain of salf? What do you think Zoravar?

(btw, I couldn't find a picture of the harop loiter drone, but its predecessor, the harpy. Let me know if you find the harop's image.)

New Israel killer drone can take out Iran's S-300 anti-air missile

The Israeli air industries first unveiled its new Harop "loiter drone" for taking out ground-to-air missiles at the annual Aero-India 2009 air show which closed recently at Bangalore.

The Iranian media were first to disclose that this sophisticated Israeli drone is capable of targeting the Russian radar-equipped S-300 anti-air missile before it enters attack mode .

DEBKAfile's military sources report that while Iran has contracted to buy from Russia five S-300 batteries worth $800 m to defend its nuclear sites against potential aerial attack, India and Turkey are interested in Israel's Harop killer-drone. Our sources report that the Tehran media made much of the new Israeli drone as a means of pushing Moscow to set the new batteries' delivery dates which the Russian suppliers have so far withheld.

The Harop is an upgraded version of the Harpy with more advanced features for taking out radar installations and anti-air missile installations. It can travel 1,000 km to patrol an assigned area and loiter there until a hostile target is exposed. Its 23-kilo warhead then strikes the target before it is activated in attack mode.

The Russian S-300 missile purchased by Tehran is one such target. It is classified in the West as a "game-changer" designed to rule out air attacks on its nuclear sites. This missile system is capable of engaging up to 100 targets at once, tracking targets with a mobile radar station which is immune to jamming.

The Harop is an expendable unmanned aerial vehicle which can sustain a mission of several hours over an assigned area. Operated by electro-optical sensors, Harop can detect weapons systems in inert mode, weapons on the move and radar installations switched off to avoid detection.

Our military experts maintain that once it penetrates Iranian airspace, this drone can silence surface-to-air batteries and open the skies to aerial and missile attack.

http://www.debka.com/headline.php?hid=5929

This is the latest and the greatest of IDF. No info that I can find on Harop Drone.

Israel’s Air Force received the Heron (Mahatz in Hebrew) unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) from Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) Thursday. The UAV is called the Shoval by the IAF and expands Israel’s capabilities greatly.

The Heron has a 50-foot wingspan, can fly at an altitude of up to 30,000 feet and carries a 550-pound payload. It can fly up to 30 hours without refueling and can be operated completely remotely. The large UAV can identify the launch sites of missiles as well as deliver air-to-surface missiles itself, eliminating targets as far away as Iran….

Israel has developed the capabilities to engage in both air and land combat via remote control as far away as Iran.

Pictures.
                      The latest which was received last Thursday is the Heron II.

BTW, India and Turkey are high paying costumers on these drones.

The next generation of IDF’s Unmanned Arial Vehicles are the Eitan, the force's largest UAV, and Efroni – the smallest.

Picture and article

Next generation of drones revealed by IDF includes Eitan, largest UAV to be used by air force, and Efroni – the smallest
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X