Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Consequences Of Attacking Iran And Why Tehran Is Not Worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Consequences Of Attacking Iran And Why Tehran Is Not Worried

Israel 'prepared to attack' Iran nuclear plants

Israel is drawing up plans to attack Iran's nuclear facilities and is prepared to launch a strike without backing from the US, it has been reported.

Officials in the Israeli Defence Ministry told the Jerusalem Post that while they prefer to act in consultation with the US, they were preparing plans that would allow them to act in isolation.

"It is always better to coordinate," a senior Defence Ministry official told the newspaper. "But we are also preparing options that do not include coordination."

However defence officials played down the reports today, telling The Times that an attack by Israeli forces alone would probably fail to take out all of Iran’s nuclear facilities, which experts say are scattered across several sites, some deep underground.

"That would leave us open to a nuclear attack from Iran’s remaining weapons stock. Israel would likely need the support, the backing, of forces from a Western ally to successfully carry out the operation,” he said.

A senior Israeli official quotes in the Jerusalem Post said that while it would be difficult, it would not be impossible to launch a strike against Iran without permission from the US.

"There are a wide range of risks one takes when embarking on such an operation," a senior Israeli official was quoted as saying.

The US Airforce controls the Iraqi airspace Israel's jets would have to cross on a bombing mission and access to codes from the Americans, would “significantly improve” Israel’s chances of a successful strike on Iran, an official told The Times.

He added that because the Iranians have been moving the bunkers deep underground, sophisticated weaponry would be needed to successfully destroy the facilities.

Responding to reports that Israel would use low-yield nuclear “bunker-busters”, the official said the method was largely speculative and unreliable.

Ehud Olmert, the Israeli prime minister, has reportedly asked the US for a green light to attack Iranian facilities as recently as May.

According to Israeli officials, the US denied the request, although it outfitted Israel with the X-band radar system which would shave several crucial minutes off Israel’s reaction time to an Iranian missile launch, and allow the United States to oversee Israel’s airspace.

“There is always the option of Israel going it alone. It just does not seem like a good option at present time,” an Israeli MP told the Times.

There are three central locations where experts believe Iranian facilities are producing goods for nuclear weapons.

Israeli officials named these sites as: Natanz, where thousands of centrifuges produce enriched uranium; Isfahan, where 250 tons of gas are stores in tunnels; and Arak, where a heavy water reactor produces plutonium.

Israeli officials said they were heartened that international sanctions on Iran were having an effect, but did not feel they were enough to stop Tehran’s nuclear ambitions.

The most recent Israeli intelligence reports estimate that Iran will have enough enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon in late 2009, barring any interruptions in its programme.

"There is still time and there is no need to rush into an operation right now," another Israeli official said. "The regime there is already falling apart and will likely no longer be in power 10 years from now."

On Monday, Teheran dismissed the possibility of an Israeli strike, saying it didn't take Israel seriously.

"We think that regional and international developments and the complicated situation faced by Israel itself will not allow it to launch military strikes against other countries," Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Hassan Qashqavi told reporters in Teheran, adding that "Israel makes threats to promote its psychological and media warfare.

Some Israeli security officials fear that the Iranian retaliation for a strike on its facilities could include a large-scale missile attack on Israel from several Iranian allies, disruption of oil supplies to the West, and terror attacks against xxxish targets around the world.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5284173.ece
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

That article is 5 months old :[
      Last edited by Pazooki; 05-18-2009, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Yeah, and nothing has changed Notice "Ehud Olmert, the Israeli prime minister, has reportedly asked the US for a green light to attack Iranian facilities as recently as May."

It's May....
        Last edited by KanadaHye; 05-19-2009, 03:54 AM.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

KanadaHye:

Like you suggested Israel needs US and could not be successful in taking out all of the well-protected targets scattered around a vast area like Iran without US direct involvement. Former president Bush tried very hard to convince the congress to go along but that was rejected practically all hands down due to the double whammy of Iraq and Afghanistan……never mind how much they have spend so far in the war (enough to fix health care system I would say)
          President Obama as we know has taken a more moderate stand against Iran and has just recently given them until the end of the year (declared a week ago) to disband any Nuclear weapons manufacturing and has extended a so called "a hand of friendship".

There was a meeting today between Barack Obama and Binyamin Netanyahu, the Israeli new prime minister at the White House. US’s approach for now seems to be much stronger this time around and without the usual "eye blink" from the President (if you know what I mean). The discussion will be over stressing a more diplomatic approach to Iran and a fast road ahead to the acceptance of the "two state solution" as a way of defusing the perceived threat from Tehran. We shall see what comes out of it but knowing Netanyahu past stands and hardliner approach, the two state solution is a dead duck.

Outgoing International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) chief Mohamed El Baradei said in an interview not that long ago that Israel would be "utterly insane" to attack Iran which would engulf the whole region in fire and if Iran was not really looking for a Nuclear bomb then this will give the excuse to get it with the full support of the Muslim countries.
          No wonder he is outgoing….
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Well, all I know is when the US dollar drops, the price of gas at the pumps rise and the rhetoric in the middle east increases.

Iran test fires missile with ability to hit Israel

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Iran fired an advanced missile on Wednesday with a range that gives it the ability to strike Israel and southeastern Europe.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the new solid-fuel Sajjil-2 surface-to-surface missile was successfully launched in the northern Semnan province, northeast of Tehran.

"The Sajjil-2 missile, which has an advanced technology, was launched today ... and it landed exactly on the target," Ahmadinejad said.

The model has a 1,900-kilometre range.

The launch could create further concern about Iran's military ambitions.

Analysts have said Iran does not yet have the technology to produce nuclear weapons, including warheads for long-range missiles. But experts also believe Iran could have such capabilities within 10 years.

Iran has insisted it's enriching uranium to produce nuclear energy for civilian purposes, but the United States and some European countries accuse Tehran of secretly seeking to build nuclear weapons.

Country officials have said Iran's missile program is for defence, scientific and surveilance purposes.

Wednesday's test firing came after U.S. President Barack Obama announced on Monday that his country is ready to seek deeper international sanctions against Iran if it shunned U.S. attempts to open negotiations on its nuclear program.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/0...launch357.html

Comment

• Iran a threat to the region, a threat to the world

I do not support war with any country. But on the other hand Mr Amadinajad has been heavily criticized by his own people that Amadinajad has been worrying to much about the West - EU,US(especially). Amadinajad has failed to improve much needed living standards of the Iranian people, Iran has gotten poorer, Iran is economically in a very bad state even before the crisis had begun. The Iranian people are the ones paying the heavy price of a leader gone astray and totally has disregard for the rights and needs of his citizens. Iran has and still continues to commit grave human rights offenses, even native born Iranians are denied entry into Iran for reasons withheld or no reason at all. Many Iranians denounce Amadinajad's intimidating actions to his people and the West (EU,US). Iran is the one that is suffering not the US.

No country should be dealing with a major threat like Iran. I strongly believe that Armenia is making a bad decision with dealing with a country that is part of the Axes of Evil. Armenia should be taking responsibility and refusing to engage in economic and political business with Iran.

My country Canada has made the right decision long ago and that was to cut all bileratal relations with Iran. More countries including non Western e.g. Armenia and other former Soviet Republics should be following lead and done so long ago.

I dislike the fact that Armenia has allowed a Visa Free Regime with a producer and exporter of terrorist activity such a country like Iran.

I strongly denounce the death penalty in Iran. Iran must stop these actions of executions of very young children and not just that but Iranians of all ages should not be executed at all.

Amadinajad is a very very bad leader he has caused a lot of trouble for the West - EU, US, Canada. He is continuing to provoke the West and Israel.

The comment made by Amadinajad to wipe Israel off the map was condemned by all Western Leaders - EU Officials/President Jose Manuel Barroso., Canadian - Harper, US - Condalezza Rice (at the time of the comment), the Japanese Foreign Ministry and Japanese Officials.

I myself proscribe such comments that is not appropriate behaviour at all from Amadinajad, he should refrain from using such provocative words immediately.

I do not agree with Armenia establishing a strong bilateral relationship with Iran. I believe that Armenia is setting a poor example of creating and promoting stability in the region. Armenia was in fact heavily criticized by Japan and other unnamed Diplomatic Sources according to unnamed Sources.

Comment

• Re: Iran a threat to the region, a threat to the world

Originally posted by JohnCanadian View Post
                I do not support war with any country. But on the other hand Mr Amadinajad has been heavily criticized by his own people that Amadinajad has been worrying to much about the West - EU,US(especially). Amadinajad has failed to improve much needed living standards of the Iranian people, Iran has gotten poorer, Iran is economically in a very bad state even before the crisis had begun. The Iranian people are the ones paying the heavy price of a leader gone astray and totally has disregard for the rights and needs of his citizens. Iran has and still continues to commit grave human rights offenses, even native born Iranians are denied entry into Iran for reasons withheld or no reason at all. Many Iranians denounce Amadinajad's intimidating actions to his people and the West (EU,US). Iran is the one that is suffering not the US.

No country should be dealing with a major threat like Iran. I strongly believe that Armenia is making a bad decision with dealing with a country that is part of the Axes of Evil. Armenia should be taking responsibility and refusing to engage in economic and political business with Iran.

My country Canada has made the right decision long ago and that was to cut all bileratal relations with Iran. More countries including non Western e.g. Armenia and other former Soviet Republics should be following lead and done so long ago.

I dislike the fact that Armenia has allowed a Visa Free Regime with a producer and exporter of terrorist activity such a country like Iran.

I strongly denounce the death penalty in Iran. Iran must stop these actions of executions of very young children and not just that but Iranians of all ages should not be executed at all.

Amadinajad is a very very bad leader he has caused a lot of trouble for the West - EU, US, Canada. He is continuing to provoke the West and Israel.

The comment made by Amadinajad to wipe Israel off the map was condemned by all Western Leaders - EU Officials/President Jose Manuel Barroso., Canadian - Harper, US - Condalezza Rice (at the time of the comment), the Japanese Foreign Ministry and Japanese Officials.

I myself proscribe such comments that is not appropriate behaviour at all from Amadinajad, he should refrain from using such provocative words immediately.

I do not agree with Armenia establishing a strong bilateral relationship with Iran. I believe that Armenia is setting a poor example of creating and promoting stability in the region. Armenia was in fact heavily criticized by Japan and other unnamed Diplomatic Sources according to unnamed Sources.
                Look at a map and see Armenia's neighbours, perhaps if the West had implemented Pres. Wilson's borders for Armenia it would be a different story.

Comment

• Re: Israel a threat to the region, a threat to the world

Wow, you really are a parrot for the Western media. The real threat to peace and prosperity around the world is the illegitimate terrorist state of Israel.
                  Last edited by KanadaHye; 05-22-2009, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Re: Iran a threat to the region, a threat to the world

Armenia was in fact heavily criticized by Japan and other unnamed Diplomatic Sources according to unnamed Sources.
                    This is precious!, according to unnamed sources , close to my kitchen.

Comment

• Israel Not Entirely Blameless and Iran is a Failed State.

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                      Wow, you really are a parrot for the Western media. The real threat to peace and prosperity around the world is the illegitimate terrorist state of Israel.
                      Just stop it, don't start being rude about my comments just because I have different opinions regarding Iran and its leader. So do not call me a parrot. I have not said anything rude about your comments so I expect you to understand my comments. You don't have to agree but don't be so rude about it.

Yes I agree that Israel is not entirely blameless they have done a some bad things as well. I say that Israel should get out of Palestine and let that state live in peace and on its own. Palestine should stop fighting also and Israel should stop fighting. The new Israeli PM is disappointing he is refusing to recognize Palestine as a two state. I hope the Israeli PM starts realizes that Israel is starting to loose credibility in the West (EU, US, Canada). Especially with Obama in Israel and US once close allies are starting to drift apart and the EU has refused to upgrade EU and Israel Diplomatic status.

I believe the way Iran is handling the situation about Israel and the West - EU, US is not the best way of resolving the situation. As I said I do not like Amadinajad he has done more wrongs then right and even to his own citizens he has caused harm.

Comment

Working...
                      X