Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Consequences Of Attacking Iran And Why Tehran Is Not Worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Consequences Of Attacking Iran And Why Tehran Is Not Worried

China sources 40% of it's oil from Iran, and Europe would will be badly effected in terms of trade, but not so much the US. As it sources most of it's oil from dodgy, rigs in the Gulf of Mexico and Canada.

If Iran closes Hormuz, then the US Navy will blow Iran's entire Navy to smithereens in short order and blockade Iran's trade. Then all the US need do is take out Iran's pipelines and without it's oil revenues, Iran's doomed.

Iran's illegitimate, Islamist regimes hold on power is weak. Which is why it's forced to become ever more repressive and act like a clown on the world stage. However I don't think that the west wants a war with Iran. Israel maybe, but not the west.

Comment

Originally posted by retro View Post
      China sources 40% of it's oil from Iran, and Europe would will be badly effected in terms of trade, but not so much the US. As it sources most of it's oil from dodgy, rigs in the Gulf of Mexico and Canada.

If Iran closes Hormuz, then the US Navy will blow Iran's entire Navy to smithereens in short order and blockade Iran's trade. Then all the US need do is take out Iran's pipelines and without it's oil revenues, Iran's doomed.

Iran's illegitimate, Islamist regimes hold on power is weak. Which is why it's forced to become ever more repressive and act like a clown on the world stage. However I don't think that the west wants a war with Iran. Israel maybe, but not the west.
      The question is where would Russia stand? If it's China+Russia+Iran+Rogue Leftist states VS. U.S.+Europe+Israel I'd say it would be a pretty good battle. I don't think attacking Iran is a wise choice but I wouldn't be surprised if the Republicans who will take the thrown after Obama's "restructuring" will go ahead and be stupid regardless.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

If Iran is attacked oil prices will sky rocket irrespective of what is the source of the oil a country buys from.

The reason for this is twofold.

Fear of perceived shortage of oil, i.e. markets, speculators etc AND
        actual shortage because of supplies or supply routes blocked.

Theoretically all oil producers will become super rich including Russia and Azerbaijan.

The fly in the ointment is, will consumers ( afford to) buy at those prices,
        will the whole world economy go into a recession AS WELL AS
        any major military conflicts for example if Iran decides to strike US Navy in the Gulf etc.
        Also lets not forget any direct ( overt ) help to the Taliban in Afghanistan.
        Last edited by londontsi; 08-05-2010, 02:33 PM.
        Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
        Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
        Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

I think US-Israeli attack on Iran is what Russia wants. The higher prices for oil and gas is what Russia wants since it is a huge exporter of both. Should the Iranian oil be cutoff to China then Russia will hold even more leverage against the chinese as its role of supplier of natural resources will be even stronger.The war with Iran will overextend the USA military making it very vulnerable to attack. Russia is sitting in a pretty good position and can make a difference one way or another whichever serves its interests best. Russia has no love for a islamic power near its borders thus it may want the islamic regime to fail but i doubt it wants it replaced by a USA-Israeli puppet. It is very possible i think that before this war reaches its climax Russia will intervene in some way. I am more concerned about the impact all of this will have on Hayastan. Blockade of Iran will mean complete isolation for us since the Georgians are governed by turckish/western puppets.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Why don't the USA, Israel and the West just don't shut up and wait? Ahmadinejad is a simple president, he will have to leave power one day. We all know Iran has no nuclear weapons, which in change Israel has. Doesn't Israel presents much danger than any other country in the region?

Ahmadinejad is no dictator though the media wants to present him as one. And at the end, if you want him out of power so much, organize the oppositionists and overthrow him, Iranians already threw a Western-backed Shah, a simple "democratically" elected president should be no problem.

A war with Iran will literally unleash hell, a chain of armed conflicts will start all around the world. It will be WWIII and IV, and we don't know what consequences it will have. But surely they will not be good...

My message to the USA and Israel, sit down, shut up, and xxxxing wait!

Comment

Originally posted by ashot24 View Post
              A war with Iran will literally unleash hell, a chain of armed conflicts will start all around the world. It will be WWIII and IV, and we don't know what consequences it will have. But surely they will not be good...

My message to the USA and Israel, sit down, shut up, and xxxxing wait!
              They are waiting... until it's the Republicans turn to f**k up the country and more over, the world.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                They are waiting... until it's the Republicans turn to f**k up the country and more over, the world.
                No empire lasts forever, the West power over the world will be over sooner than people thinks. And that process will only be faster if they start a war with Iran. The USA has lost its influence over the world economically speaking and they will be losing its political influence in the coming decades, so they have to resort to the last they have which is militar power, and they know that.

All empires go through phases from the top to the bottom, even Rome fell, something which back then seemed impossible. As your own signature says, America has gone right to the phase of degeneration. It is only a matter of time, and a matter of the right situation in the right time.

Comment

Labour accuses David Cameron of making "another foreign policy gaffe" after mistakenly saying Iran has a nuclear weapon.

Britain's Prime Minister accuses Iran of owning a nuclear weapon

Also watch (video) his brown nose ( its only Turkish she.t)
                  Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                    The question is where would Russia stand? If it's China+Russia+Iran+Rogue Leftist states VS. U.S.+Europe+Israel I'd say it would be a pretty good battle. I don't think attacking Iran is a wise choice but I wouldn't be surprised if the Republicans who will take the thrown after Obama's "restructuring" will go ahead and be stupid regardless.
                    You over look the fact that the West has a Asian ally in India. China is unlikely to risk become directly involved in what is Russia's sphere and a nuclear Iran is hardly in Russia's or China's strategic intrests.

I suspect that Israel seeks the annexation of Southern Lebanon. As Israel already desalinates around 15-20% of it's water and it lacks the resources to support it's further population expansion.

The Lebanon-Israel border clash the other week is not a good sign. The Lebanese are a very sophisticated and cultured people. However sadly Lebanon is little more than a fortified, Islamist Syrian/Iranian puppet state at this point.

No doubt, the Turks backing of the Kurds and not the lot of the poor Palestinians in Gaza. Had a major role to play in the Orc hordes, rather cynically, staged falling out with the Israelis. However the good news is that this has shuffled the deck and damaged all sorts of ties.

Comment

Norman Finkelstein was in town last night and gave a lecture which i attended. I respect this man for standing up for the truth and human rights many times to his own detriment (he lost his tenure track position due to his refusal to paint a zionist version of everything). The lecture was in a islamic center of Rochester Michigan. I had never been in a muslim community center and did not know what to expect. To make things more interesting my mother who usually has no interest in such matters insisted on coming with me. We arrived early and someone asked me where the women will be sitting. I had no idea there were different seating sections based on sex. I told him i had no idea and he looked at me with a surprised expression. My mother and i started wondering if we would be allowed to sit togather. The room was wide and there was a divider going through the middle so people on both sides could see the speaker but not each other. Dinner was served first and i wonder if the dinner was the reason for dividing the sexes or was it the lecture? My mother and i sat togather in the mens section and there were a few other women sitting in this section while there were a few women wearing islamic clothing in the womens section. One of the people sitting at the table next to us was a collegue of my mothers from their residency days and recognized her. He approached her and greeted her very warmly and was very attentive and friendly and very surprised to see her there. He introduced us to a few other people in the audiance who were in the medical proffesion and we chatted while waiting for the lecture to start. Norman was pretty much the same guy i saw on the internet. His speech was slow and methodical but complete and to the point. He mostly discussed the attack on Gaza where 1400 people were killed and white phosphorus was used. His point was that there was no Gaza war and it was a massacre and nothing more. He pointed out that Israels failure in the last Lebonon war has made the zionist state feel that it has to prove its superiority and it plans on doing this with another attack on Lebonon. During the break i had him sign my book and asked him about the coming war with Iran. He said that he does not think there will be a war with Iran but he said a proxy war was unavoidable between Lebanon with the support of Iran and Syria vs Israel with the support of the USA. He stated niether side is willing to give a inch and that this is going to be the bloodiest fighting we have yet seen. He stated that Israel is planning a falseflag operation which will inflict heavy casualties on Israelis to justify the next attack on Lebonan. It was a interesting evening to say the least. I have been to many lectures in the Armenian community center in Dearborn and i must say there is more respect for the speaker there then there was at this Islamic center. There were children yelling, screaming, banging the walls and some people were talking during the lecture. The experience was interesting for me. The divisions between the sexes during dinner was unexpected but that is due to my own ignorence of islamic customs. Not all the women were segregated and it seemed more of a volantary thing. My mother and i were treated very well and felt welcomed there. I thought sharing this experience with you in this thread was the appropriate thing to do.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X