Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Happy Birthday Ara Baliozian!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Happy Birthday Ara Baliozian!

Thursday, December 27, 2007
    POLITICS 101
    A regime, any regime, even a regime of swine, will have its supporters.
    In America today only 50% of the people vote. When asked why he doesn’t vote, a wise man once replied: “I don’t believe in encouraging them.”
    One thing I have learned about my fellow Armenians and myself: We are human beings like the rest of mankind. Anyone who says we are better is either a brown-noser or a damn fool.
    Propaganda teaches us to overestimate ourselves and to underestimate our adversaries, which promotes the view that our leaders are shepherds and their leaders butchers. But then, where would butchers be without shepherds?
    If we are what we have become it’s because of liars whose favorite sport is the blame-game.
    Self-assessed smart Armenians will never agree with me because agreeing with me would amount to admitting they are fools who have been taken in by liars.
    After calling them “enemies of the people,” fascist leaders silence their critics. It is always the same story. After confusing fact with fiction they commit unspeakable crimes against humanity with the full support of their dupes. This may explain why there are people today (not all of them Turks) who believe Talaat was a great leader and his victims traitors who deserved their fate. This may also explain why some of the greatest butchers in the history of mankind, from Caligula and Nero to Stalin and Hitler, had their supporters.
    #

Comment

Moderators,

Ara's birthday has come and gone already. Also, there is already a thead for Ara's writings. Could you please close this thread and move Ara's posts to the appropriate thread: "notes and comments".
      Last edited by crusader1492; 12-27-2007, 07:46 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil View Post
        "Oh my god, Siamanto is 'wasting his time discussing' topics with Armenian",...
        Dude, I told you this character is a freak of nature, a neurotic... Engage him at your own risk. Nevertheless, don't expect a 'debate' from him/her, don't expect common sense or logic either. He/she is obsessed by me. I even think he/she is quite jealous of me for some reason. Therefore, he/she will oppose anything I state, even if it's the obvious. Please, just disregard him/her.
        Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
          Moderators, Ara's birthday has come and gone already. Also, there is already a thead for Ara's writings. Could you please close this thread and move Ara's posts to the appropriate thread: "notes and comments".
          I more-or-less agree with you, enker. However, if you think that Ara's work is crap - express your feelings where ever discussions about him may be. There are those who say that Ara is a egomaniac and that they don't want to waste time debating with him because that is what he is craving - attention in his old age. While this approach is true, I think it is counterproductive. I say this because Ara has Turkish and Jewish readers that at times following his links to this discussion forum. Ara also tries to recruit his Armenian readers from Canada, more often the liberal Ramkavar types, to read his self-hating, destructive, egotistical crap. So, by expressing your sentiments about him you are also showing the Armenian self-haters, Jews and Turks who happen to come by here that there are Armenians who call Ara's bluff...

Let's not give this fool the satisfaction of thinking that he is one of our "writers" and/or "intellectuals." As far as an Armenian 'writer' is concerned, Ara is only worthy of being considered a 'mediocre' writer at best. As far as 'intellect' is concerned, Ara is an intellectual midget. And as far as being an 'Armenian' is concerned, Ara is 'not' an Armenian.

The aforementioned is the fundamental reasons why Ara has been rejected from the Armenian public scene. While Armenians adore, even worship, their poets and writers - Kaputikyan, Sevag, Charents, Isahakian, Tumanyan, Raffi, Emin - to name a few, this "Ara Baliozian" character remains virtually nameless. That is why we see his anger, his disgruntlement and his self-hate. In Ara's twisted mind, had he been an American, or a Canadian, or a westerner, he would have gained fame. Since he writes for "Ottomanized Armenians" and "Gazetajis" he has gotten no where...
          Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Who is he? "Ara Baliozian"
            I have never heard his name before(By the way I am not a Armenian)

Comment

Originally posted by Kanki View Post
              Kaki, he is a Turk nationalist like you.

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
                Kaki, he is a Turk nationalist like you.
                Seriously, the stupidity of the Armenian people is amazing, well, let me clarify, the stupidity of the Armenian Diaspora is amazing. Turks on a daily basis charge themselves up, example:

It is embarressing, we have to fight a two front war, one against the above that are out to destroy us, while at the same time, we have to convince and stop the "Ara type" from destroying the Armenian spirit of the Diaspora.

Ara if you are reading this I just hope you understand you re destroying your people, you are disarming them. All these demagogs need to stop talking and go back to Armenia, if not, they should just shut the xxxx up and assimilate, love it or leave it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanki View Post
                  He is a homosexual that likes Turkish men, you should send him a private message, you will make a cute couple. You can go spread the Anti-Armenian sentiments everywhere, he would really enjoy the company.
                  Last edited by Virgil; 12-28-2007, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Hmm, after reading this thread again, an anti-ara sticky thread came to mind.

Comment

Friday, January 14, 2005
                      MAXIMS AND REFLECTIONS
                      To insult someone anonymously is to add cowardice
                      to bad manners.
                      If you are afraid of writers, don’t read; if you
                      are afraid of losing an argument, don’t
                      contradict.
                      The wife of a wealthy fool will be prettier than
                      the wife of a poor philosopher.
                      Every dupe operates on the assumption that he
                      cannot be duped.
                      Don’t assume, but if you must, assume against
                      yourself – you will be on safer ground that way.
                      When it comes to the failings of other nations,
                      we have 20/20 vision, but when it comes to our
                      own, we are blind, deaf, and dumb.
                      When two fools agree, they think they have
                      achieved wisdom.
                      If you criticize or insult someone without
                      understanding or reading him, you expose your own
                      shortcomings more than his.
                      Dialogue has very few friends but many enemies,
                      among them: ignorance, prejudice, power, dogma,
                      arrogance, ego, barbarism, and in general,
                      anything that is connected with ideology and