Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Happy Birthday Ara Baliozian!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Happy Birthday Ara Baliozian!

I'm enjoying this. More you engage this senile character the nuttier he gets Keep it up Ara, the only thing you are excelling at is making yourself out to be a total fool. And the funniest part is that you don't realize just how stupid, how ignorant you sound... I am glad, nonetheless, that the public can now see you for what you really are.
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
      If you are an armenian, you have nothing to fear but your friends. / ara
      Armenians lived and worked amongst Turks pre-1915...I'm sure they considered many of them "friends".

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
        I'm enjoying this. More you engage this senile character the nuttier he gets Keep it up Ara, the only thing you are excelling at is making yourself out to be a total fool. And the funniest part is that you don't realize just how stupid, how ignorant you sound... I am glad, nonetheless, that the public can now see you for what you really are.
        Amazing, isn't it? He has labeled those who refrain from posting their identity online as cowards and then he expounds on this by saying that if there were more cowards back in 1915, the Genocide would not have happened.

The man finds virtue in cowardice.

Can this man hate Armenians anymore than he already does now? Actually, the better question would be: Can he hate himself anymore than he does now?
        Last edited by crusader1492; 01-23-2008, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Is Ara Baliozian Armenian?

Not according to the author of this poem below (English translation)...still as true today as it was 153 years ago.

Who is an Armenian? Is he the one who speaks in Armenian?
          Or whose name ends with the suffix ian?
          The one who always eats dolma, pilav for lunch
          Or proudly always wears Armenian attire and hat? 

Who is an Armenian, is he the one who attends an Armenian Church
          And goes to confession at least four times a year?
          That has never ignored the lent and also fasts during that
          And when he yawns he crosses his open mouth? 

No, my dear, nationhood is not an external act
          Not even your Armenian birth will give you that right...
          If you are an Armenian, you must respect the Armenians for sure,
          Armenia for you must be the star of hope... 

Love your nation not by words but as you love yourself,
          For her sake if necessary, sacrifice all your self,
          Don’t even save your life, give your blood to her
          Not with the hope that your nation instantly will appreciate you.

- Rafael Patkanyan, 1855
          Last edited by crusader1492; 01-23-2008, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Last edited by HayotzAmrotz; 01-24-2008, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
              Is Ara Baliozian Armenian?

Not according to the author of this poem below (English translation)...still as true today as it was 153 years ago.

Who is an Armenian? Is he the one who speaks in Armenian?
              Or whose name ends with the suffix ian?
              The one who always eats dolma, pilav for lunch
              Or proudly always wears Armenian attire and hat? 

Who is an Armenian, is he the one who attends an Armenian Church
              And goes to confession at least four times a year?
              That has never ignored the lent and also fasts during that
              And when he yawns he crosses his open mouth? 

No, my dear, nationhood is not an external act
              Not even your Armenian birth will give you that right...
              If you are an Armenian, you must respect the Armenians for sure,
              Armenia for you must be the star of hope... 

Love your nation not by words but as you love yourself,
              For her sake if necessary, sacrifice all your self,
              Don’t even save your life, give your blood to her
              Not with the hope that your nation instantly will appreciate you.

- Rafael Patkanyan, 1855

Apres crusader jan!

Chisht teghin beretzir Patkanyani poem@
              Togh koren groghi tzotz@ ais ashkhari "araner@"
              Last edited by HayotzAmrotz; 01-24-2008, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Thursday, January 24, 2008
                FROGS
                Speaking of our revolutionaries, one of our elder statesmen once compared them to “frogs trying to rape an elephant.”
                Save the nation? Part the Red Sea? Change water to wine? Raise the brain-dead? I leave these things to better men than myself. I write. That’s the only thing I do because that’s what all writers, including our own, have always done. I write to express my thoughts and sentiments as honestly and objectively as I can. Let others do what they will with them.
                Where honesty and objectivity are equated with self-hatred and betrayal, free speech will be violated in the name of God and Country.
                To say my country, right or wrong, is less nationalism and more narcissism, and as such, less ideology and more pathology.
                Our pundits are more interested in settling old scores than in the welfare of the nation. Perhaps because, in Einstein’s words: “The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them.” Or, frogs cannot solve problems created by elephants.
                Instead of trying to solve problems created by others, let us begin with problems created by us, such as: respecting one another’s fundamental human right of free speech, engaging in dialogue, and developing a consensus. I wonder why is it that these problems are ignored by our “betters.” Is it because they don’t require any capital investment and no letters that end with their favorite mantra, “mi kich pogh…”
                #

Comment

when we say "Armenia" do we mean the mountains and rivers?
                  the people and the culture?
                  the regime of arav pakhavs?
                  the hoodlums who speak in her name?
                  the pathological cowards who are afraid to identify themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
                    when we say "Armenia" do we mean the mountains and rivers?
                    the people and the culture?
                    the regime of arav pakhavs?
                    the hoodlums who speak in her name?
                    the pathological cowards who are afraid to identify themselves?
                    The answer to you 1st & 2nd question is YES...you can also add language to that.
                    As for your 3rd question...are you talking about yourself, Ara? Because all you try to do is steal away pride and self-respect from the Armenian nation. Perhaps you do this because misery loves company?

...and your 4th question: For the third time - shame on you.
                    Last edited by crusader1492; 01-24-2008, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Friday, January 25, 2008
                      DEFINING FASCISM
                      One reason why I write about our problems is that I don’t know much about Eskimo and Patagonian problems. As for Canadian problems: once, when I dared to say something on the subject, I was told to go back where I came from. That put an abrupt end to my career as a Canadian critic.
                      We are all born fascists. But whenever we confront another fascist unwilling to relinquish his infallibility, we are given an opportunity to reconsider our political convictions.
                      I once asked a Turcocentric pundit if he had read a single Armenian writers and he said he had not, after which he advised me to write more about Turkish atrocities. I didn’t ask him to define patriotism, but if I had, my guess is he would have said “hatred of Turks,” which may suggest there is more Ottomanism and less Armenianism in his worldview.
                      Bad things happen to good people because when bad people do bad things to bad people, they don’t give a damn about collateral damage. That’s how Turks see the Genocide – as collateral damage, which is something that happens in every war, beginning with Homer’s ILIAD.
                      We have a better chance to reach a consensus with the Turks if we tell them, we understand why they did what they did and we would like them to understand us when we say what they did was not right.
                      Our bosses, bishops, and benefactors are convinced they are saying what must be said and doing what must be done, and they resent usurpers like me who try to muscle in their territory.
                      It would be a mistake to underestimate the power of our hoodlums. They may seem to be a harmless and non-representative minority, but all they need to become a murderous majority is someone like Hitler and Stalin.
                      “Hoodlumism in the name of patriotism,” is as good a definition of fascism as any.
                      #

Comment

Working...
                      X