Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Happy Birthday Ara Baliozian!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Happy Birthday Ara Baliozian!

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
    He has not engaged in hate speech. But, if he were in Armenia, he could possibly be jailed or worse.
    Are you xxxxing serious? Where do all you freaks come from? Do you anything about the Armenian Republic? I bet you haven't even stepped foot there. Please, tell do us: When was the last time a writer/thinker/poet was "jailed or worst" for his or her work in Armenia - especially incoherent rants like the ones Ara produces? If you can't come up with an example, and you won't, I expect you to apologize and delete your stupid comment. What a joke you are. What else could I have expected from an Ara fan...
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Which Armenian Republic? That's a fair question, right? And, what is your connection to the Armenian Republic between 1992 and today? Or, 1918 and 1922? Or, or.. How can you be an Armenian when you live among the Diaspora.

You are a phony nationalist!

Are you claiming that journalists, or mere citizens, have not been intimidated by the state in Armenia? C'mon, bro.

You are being intellectually insincere. Media outlets in the U.S. experience government pressure from time to time and we are in the most liberated Republic of them all.
      Between childhood, boyhood,
      adolescence
      & manhood (maturity) there
      should be sharp lines drawn w/
      Tests, deaths, feats, rites
      stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Which Armenian Republic? That's a fair question, right?
        You got caught with your pants down and now you want to play verbal gymnastics. How typical...

Since we are living in the current, let's go for the obvious choice - the current Armenian Republic. How's that?

And, what is your connection to the Armenian Republic between 1992 and today? Or, 1918 and 1922? Or, or.. How can you be an Armenian when you live among the Diaspora. You are a phony nationalist!
        Don't worry about my personal contributions/attachments/plans regarding my homeland. If the topic interests you, worry about what your connection is.

Are you claiming that journalists, or mere citizens, have not been intimidated by the state in Armenia? C'mon, bro.
        More after the fact spin. We are not talking about Armenians getting caught between serious political disputes - we are talking about "He has not engaged in hate speech. But, if he were in Armenia, he could possibly be jailed or worse."

So, be a nice little Ara fan and stay on topic please. I suggest you to be true to your rhetoric. You are revealing intellectual corruption.

You are being intellectually insincere. Media outlets in the U.S. experience government pressure from time to time and we are in the most liberated Republic of them all.
        I fully agree. There is no such thing as "free press" or "free speech" in the western world. You as a fan of Jews must realize this very fact quite well. When journalists/activists in places like Armenia get out of hand and stick thier noses where it don't belong authorities put them in jail, or they get beaten up in some dark ally. When the same situation occurs in the West, the powerful elite have mechanisms that make sure they loose their livelihood, or simply disappear...

However, as I highlighted above this is not the topic of discussion.

I ask you again: Verify or retract your foolish comment.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Which Armenian Republic? That's a fair question, right? And, what is your connection to the Armenian Republic between 1992 and today? Or, 1918 and 1922? Or, or.. How can you be an Armenian when you live among the Diaspora.
          Unless you have a time machine, then NO, it is not a fair question - It is a screwball statement that has no bearing whatsoever.

You are a phony nationalist!
          THAT'S "HATE SPEECH"

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
          ...I fully agree. There is no such thing as "free press" or "free speech" in the western world. You as a fan of Jews must realize this very fact quite well. When journalists/activists in places like Armenia get out of hand and stick thier noses where it don't belong authorities put them in jail, or they get beaten up in some dark ally. When the same situation occurs in the West, the powerful elite have mechanisms that make sure they loose their livelihood, or simply disappear....
          ...Sibel Edmonds comes to mind.

However, as I highlighted above this is not the topic of discussion.

I ask you again: Verify or retract your foolish comment.
          Some people are not big enough to admit when they are wrong. Don't hold your breath.
          Last edited by crusader1492; 01-29-2008, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Do Armenian journalists in Armenia self-censor?

If so, why?

Have Armenian media agencies been shut down in the 'new' Republic?

Did you see what happened to Ter-Petrossyan's campaign office and some of his followers within the past 48 hours?

Are you kidding me? The two of you are knuckleheads.

Prior restraint should not be condoned anymore than imprisonment or violence.

Armenia media in Armenia and the diaspora is mainly state-controlled (i.e. arms of political organizations) or run by wealthy individuals. This is a true statement.

So, if you silence yourself before you speak out against a political organization in power or a wealthy individual, for fear of retribution - how is that any better or freer than speaking and getting your liberty, health or life taken?

Prior restraint is just as violent as getting a club to your head.

How is that any better for a free, democratic Armenia? Something that Ara has pointed to I believe.

And, except for perhaps non-stop travel between Yerevan and Jerusalem, I don't see Israel dumping military know-how and financial support in Armenia but they sure are helping Turkey and Azerbaijan. Turkey and Azerbaijan, their our friends, right?

Oh yeah, in your mixed up view of reality, Israel is really a Christian nation, right?

P.S. Armenian and Crusader1492, thank you for admitting that the majority of my positions concerning your conduct toward Ara is true and also, Armenian, when you admit that there is not free press or free speech in Armenia, you actually confirm some of the thrust of Ara's ramblings. Of course, you are unable to recognize this.
            Last edited by freakyfreaky; 01-29-2008, 05:58 PM.
            adolescence

Comment

Do Armenian journalists in Armenia self-censor? If so, why?
              Do American journalists in America self-censor? Do European journalists in Europe self-censor? Do Asian journalists in Asia self-censor? Do Middle Eastern journalists in the Middle East self-censor?

If so, why?

But, again. This is not the topic of discussion. Go back and read your comment. You are being a pathetic little child.

Have Armenian media agencies been shut down in the 'new' Republic?
              Yes, for very good reasons. And more should be shut down as well. And again, this is not the topic of discussion. You are being a pathetic little child.

Did you see what happened to Ter-Petrossyan's campaign office and some of his followers within the past 48 hours?
              What should have happened to Levin Ter Petrostein and his followers is getting lined up in front of a wall and shot for treason.

You are so pathetic that you are now defending the indefensible.

Armenia media in Armenia and the diaspora is mainly state-controlled (i.e. arms of political organizations) or run by wealthy individuals. This is a true statement.
              Show me where on earth it isn't.

How is that any better for a free, democratic Armenia? Something that Ara has pointed to I believe.
              There is no such thing as democracy. Armenia cannot afford attempting such suicidal programs. Just imagine - the likes of you, Ara and LTP voting for government? No xxxxing way.

And, except for perhaps non-stop travel between Yerevan and Jerusalem, I don't see Israel dumping military know-how and financial support in Armenia but they sure are helping Turkey and Azerbaijan. Oh yeah, in your mixed up view of reality, Israel is really a Christian nation, right?
              Ok, this is where the conversation is getting a bit too freaky, what the xxxx are you now blabbering about?

Նժդեհ

Comment

Bro, Armenian, you are far scarier than Mr. Baliozian. Very scary. In fact, ugly.

When was the last time a news agency was shut down in the U.S.?

Has a news agency ever been shut down in the 'new' Armenian republic?
                adolescence

Comment

Are you xxxxing serious? Where do all you freaks come from? Do you anything about the Armenian Republic? I bet you haven't even stepped foot there. Please, tell do us: When was the last time a writer/thinker/poet was "jailed or worst" for his or her work in Armenia - especially incoherent rants like the ones Ara produces? If you can't come up with an example, and you won't, I expect you to apologize and delete your stupid comment. What a joke you are. What else could I have expected from an Ara fan...
                  Between 1922 and 1992, Armenian was part of the Soviet Republic.

During this period, several dissident writers and journalists were intimidated, jailed or worse.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6493229.stm (Andranik Magaryan jailed during Soviet era)

http://www.topix.net/world/armenia/2...ident-tvs-woes (Armenian government comes after TV station that gives Ter-Petrosyan air time)

http://www.hairenik.com/armenianweekly/cty09290704.htm (Lack of critical thought or self-reference amongst modern Armenians)

I can expand on this train of thought, but I won't waste my time as it will have litte if any significance on your warped perception.
                  Last edited by freakyfreaky; 01-29-2008, 06:21 PM.
                  adolescence

Comment

Do Armenian journalists in Armenia self-censor?
                    No more and no less than MSNBCBSFOX news. Why should the Armenian Government (or any other government for that matter) play by the "rules" the west makes for them when the west cares little for these "rules"?

Have Armenian media agencies been shut down in the 'new' Republic??
                    Only ones that are deemed to weaken the will of a nation to survive...the ones that inspire "rose revolutions".

Did you see what happened to Ter-Petrossyan's campaign office and some of his followers within the past 48 hours? ?
                    LTP is a proven traitor to the Armenian people and he is America's and Europe's lacky who are actively against Armenia's interests.

Are you kidding me? The two of you are knuckleheads.?
                    Calm down and stop acting like a little girl...what happened to the Freaky that likes to quote Don Quixote?

Prior restraint should not be condoned anymore than imprisonment or violence.

So, if you silence yourself before you speak out against a political organization in power or a wealthy individual, for fear of retribution - how is that any better or freer than speaking and getting your liberty, health or life taken??
                    Freaky wants a democracy and he wants it NOW!

Prior restraint is just as violent as getting a club to your head.

And, except for perhaps non-stop travel between Yerevan and Jerusalem, I don't see Israel dumping military know-how and financial support in Armenia but they sure are helping Turkey and Azerbaijan. Turkey and Azerbaijan, their our friends, right??
                    Do you really think that if Armenia got on board with the West, that Isreal would "dump" military know-how and finacial support to Armenia?
                    Russia has better weapons anyway.

Oh yeah, in your mixed up view of reality, Israel is really a Christian nation, right??
                    Again, stop being a little girl.

P.S. Armenian and Crusader1492, thank you for admitting that the majority of my positions concerning your conduct toward Ara is true and also, Armenian, when you admit that there is not free press or free speech in Armenia, you actually confirm some of the thrust of Ara's ramblings. Of course, you are unable to recognize this.
                    Seeing as you are far removed from reality, a statement like this is fitting. Anyway, if that makes you feel better, you're welcome.
                    Last edited by crusader1492; 01-29-2008, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Do American journalists in America self-censor? Do European journalists in Europe self-censor? Do Asian journalists in Asia self-censor? Do Middle Eastern journalists in the Middle East self-censor?

If so, why?

But, again. This is not the topic of discussion. Go back and read your comment. You are being a pathetic little child.

Yes, for very good reasons. And more should be shut down as well. And again, this is not the topic of discussion. You are being a pathetic little child.

What should have happened to Levin Ter Petrostein and his followers is getting lined up in front of a wall and shot for treason.

You are so pathetic that you are now defending the indefensible.

Show me where on earth it isn't.

There is no such thing as democracy. Armenia cannot afford attempting such suicidal programs. Just imagine - the likes of you, Ara and LTP voting for government? No xxxxing way.

Ok, this is where the conversation is getting a bit too freaky, what the xxxx are you now blabbering about?
                      I see you responded before I did. Anyway, among everything else, I see we agree that Freaky is acting like a little girl.

Comment

Working...
                      X