Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Happy Birthday Ara Baliozian!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Happy Birthday Ara Baliozian!

And, from the great state of Rhode Island, Crusader1492 expresses that he knows what is best for Armenia and identifies enemies of the state.

So, the Armenian constitution, there is one of those right, its really just a bunch of hogwash, right?

Article 24 Everyone is entitled to assert his or her opinion. No one shall be forced to retract or change his or her opinion. Everyone is entitled to freedom of speech, including the freedom to seek, receive and disseminate information and ideas through any medium of information, regardless of state borders.

And, the Armenian judicial system, its just for show.

More, and, more, you're both proving to be in the recognized class of 'dupes' referred to by Mr. Baliozian.

Do you have any ability to think for yourselves? Because if you do, you are not articulating it.

When a government, regardless of location, does not abide by its own 'rules', revolution, whether by vote or by arms is a reasonable option.

So, if Armenia does not have to follow the West's rules, then how can Armenia compel or influence Turkey to follow those rules. Geez, you two are a couple of sophmoric pedestrians.

P.S. Whether you like it or not, the communist era is part and parcel of Armenian history. Its part of Armenia. Some of the same machinery of that era is still at play today.
    Last edited by freakyfreaky; 01-29-2008, 06:51 PM.
    Between childhood, boyhood,
    adolescence
    & manhood (maturity) there
    should be sharp lines drawn w/
    Tests, deaths, feats, rites
    stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
      When was the last time a news agency was shut down in the U.S.?
      Abush, that's because 'everything' in the mainstream media is owned by the corporate elite that run the country. Tell me you didn't know this... However, there has been right wing publications that have been shutdown for hate speech.

In your utter desperation to come out on top in this debate you are doing a magnificent job of making a total ass of yourself in public.

Has a news agency ever been shut down in the 'new' Armenian republic?
      No it hasn't, to my knowledge. However are are some that should.

You tell me, what chances would Vladimir Putin have if he wanted to set up media outlets and Russian government funded NGOs in the US with the hopes of bring about a "revolution" of sorts in the US.

Nonetheless, where the xxxx did the idea of free speech or free press come from? Where and when has speech or the press been free on earth?

Why is your intellect so minuscule?

Between 1922 and 1992, Armenian was part of the Soviet Republic.
      First of all, the years are 1921 to 1991 - seventy years.

During this period, several dissident writers and journalists were intimidated, jailed or worse.
      Abush, we are 'not' discussing communist era. Whatever was done back then it was done by Soviet/Bolshevik authorities for geopolitical reasons. We are discussing the current ARMENIAN REPUBLIC.

And who is denying the intimidation of foreign sponsored activists and troublesome journalists in Armenia? Let me remind you that you were discussing "Ara" a so-called writer/poet getting "jailed or worst" for his crappy work. I am still waiting for an example.

So, if Armenia does not have to follow the West's rules, then how can Armenia compel or influence Turkey to follow those rules. Geez, you two are a couple of sophmoric pedestrians.
      Following the West's rules will compel Turkey to follow those rules You turned out to be a total psychopath

Oh-my-God... This is absolutely amazing
      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ok, so if Ara says "if you let one piece of Artsakh fall back into Azeri hands, there will be hell to pay" he doesn't go to jail but if you are a war hero, you do. What are you talking about?

Whether or not you are a journalist, if your opinion or influence is a threat to the powers that be in Armenia, the potential of jail is likely imminent. There can be no doubt of this.

How many different Armenias are there and how can you possibly pick and choose which ones are part of the Armenian identity?

Armenian and Crusader1492, myopia at its finest!!!

Armenian, you engage me in a conversation concerning free press/speech in Armenia, and to your knowledge, whatever that may be, you don't know whether or not a news agency has been shut down in the 'new' RA.

Wow. Outstanding.
        Last edited by freakyfreaky; 01-29-2008, 06:59 PM.
        adolescence

Comment

Ok, so if Ara says "if you let one piece of Artsakh fall back into Azeri hands, there will be hell to pay" he doesn't go to jail but if you are a war hero, you do.
          Freaky, you first said Ara would be jailed or worst. Stop the spin, you are sounding like a Jew.

Freaky, we have discussed Jirayr's topic before. And as I told you before, stop talking about issues your little mind cannot comprehend. Stop discussing issues you do not know details about. I happen to know ARFers who are Jirayr's colleagues and even they say Jirayr screwed up and he now has to pay regardless of his war record. There is no plan by the present authorities to give away lands in Artsakh. Being a war hero does not make Jirayr a politician or a diplomat, nor does it give him the right to threaten the authorities with violent revolution. The fact that Jiraryr is now blowing the treasonous Levin Ter Petrostein you knwo what is ample evidence of his screwed up sense of reason and ethics. A war hero supporting LTP? How absurd is that? Regardless of his war record, Jirayr is a total madman and need to remain in jail.

What are you talking about? If your opinion is a threat to the powers that be in Armenia, the potential of jail is likely imminent. There can be no doubt of this. How many different Armenias are there and how can you possibly pick and choose which ones are part of the Armenian identity?
          Abush, you tell me. What would happen to a group of armed Americans who threaten to violently overthrow the US government if the government did not close down the US border with Mexico?

Why are you such an intellectual midget?

Armenian and Crusader1492, myopia at its finest!!!
          You could not say shortsightedness? You have to prove that you are smart by throwing in a Greek word?

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh no... the obsessive psychobabbling he/she called Siamanto is in the house

Նժդեհ

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
              Oh no... the obsessive psychobabbling he/she called Siamanto is in the house
              Get Ara in here and it will be a trifecta...

Hooligans - run and hide!
              Last edited by crusader1492; 01-29-2008, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Regrettably, Armenian, it is you that lacks the knowledge to discuss matters which you do not understand. You don't even know if any new agencies were shut down by the government in the new RA.

If one person claims there will be hell to pay, how is that a threat to violently overthrow the government without further context or circumstances to convey violence.

"Hell to pay" could mean that a political campaign to unseat you will be pursued. In a democratic state, this is generally permissible.
                adolescence

Comment

Sometimes, your conduct in attacking him confirms the very positions he takes re: the "Armo" mentality.
                  The sad irony is that their mentality reflects the influence of Central Asian Jurkic values on a portion of the Armenian populations. Their mentality is to Armenian Culture what rabiz is to Armenian Music.

But, philosophically, he has some merit. There is no doubt. And, your own myopia has limited you from noticing that in some Armenian circles he is acknowledged for his contributions.
                  Do you really expect them to appreciate Philosophy and Literature when they lack the intellectual means to even recognize/perceive it? I find your statement unrealistically considerate, to the point of being perceived as "naive???"

You are a phony nationalist!
                  They are as "nationalist" as Russian skin heads, chauvinistic American redneck "trailer trashes" or...

Bro, Armenian, you are far scarier than Mr. Baliozian. Very scary. In fact, ugly.
                  Have you ever seen non-scary and/or non-hideous hooligans?
                  Last edited by Siamanto; 01-29-2008, 07:49 PM.
                  What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

You just had to throw in the "hooligan" word again. You're too much!

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
                      Get Ara in here and it will be a trifecta...oh wait, it's past his bed time.

Hooligans - run and hide!
                      The debate was won many posts ago, Siamanto should go back a few pages and reread my posts, address it, and then talk about his "elite intellectual powers". Everything else spewed by Siamanto and supportors is just window dressing at this point, don't waste time on it. When a group of followers can not comprehend why they are "following" their leader (AKA Ara Baliozian), then this should be a signal to them to stop questioning others and start questioning themselves.
                      Last edited by Virgil; 01-29-2008, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X