Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Happy Birthday Ara Baliozian!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Happy Birthday Ara Baliozian!

Wednesday, February 06, 2008
    OUR BETTERS OR OUR WORST?
    Since time immemorial man has known that “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” And yet, the only enterprise in which our leaders have been consistently successful throughout our millennial existence has been in dividing us and in keeping us divided.
    Our writers have called them “useless” (Zarian) and “brainless” (Issahakian), and if you think they overstated their case, you should hear what they (our leaders) call one another.
    Once, many years ago, when I published an interview with a Tashnak leader, which dealt not with politics or history but with childhood reminiscences and the personalities that had shaped his character and worldview, a Ramgavar leader published an attack so nasty that I was left speechless. This may explain the gutter mentality of some of my brainwashed partisan critics.
    When things didn’t work out for them, the Bagratunis moved to Georgia, and from Georgia to Russia. When our revolution in the Ottoman Empire failed, our revolutionaries abandoned the people at the mercy of butchers and kept themselves busy by writing long-winded memoirs. They had a Plan B for themselves but only a Plan A for the people.
    They flatter us by bragging about our survival in an environment where many others perished. They are right: “they” survived all right while countless others did not. They survived to what end and for what purpose? To divide us, of course, and to make sure we stay divided. That’s because that is the only undertaking in which they excel – after all, they had millennia of practice in which to refine and master the technique.
    Are they our betters or our worst? I will let you answer that question in the hope you will come up with the right answer not because you are smart (I will let them use the maneuver of treating you like fools after flattering you to believe you are just about the smartest people on earth) but because I trust you are capable of using your common sense, which, it has been said, is the least common of all faculties.
    #

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARUT SASSOUNIAN!!!!

Harut Sassounian
      From Armeniapedia.org

Harut Sassounian at Hai Tad Evening in ANCAHarut Sassounian, the publisher of The California Courier newspaper, is the President of the United Armenian Fund which has shipped $460 million worth of humanitarian assistance to Armenia since 1989. He is also the Vice Chairman of The Lincy Foundation which has funded $230 million worth of infrastructure projects in Armenia and Artsakh. He worked for Procter and Gamble in Geneva, Switzerland, as an international marketing executive from 1978 to 1982. He served for 10 years as a non-governmental delegate on human rights at the United Nations in Geneva, playing a key role in the UN recognition of the Armenian Genocide in 1985. He has a Master’s degree in International Affairs from Columbia University (NY) and an MBA from Pepperdine University. His book, “The Armenian Genocide: The World Speaks Out, 1915-2005, Documents and Declarations,” published in 2005, was republished in Arabic translation in Lebanon in 2006. He has been awarded the “Anania Shiragatsi” medal of honor by the President of Armenia and has received numerous other awards for his leadership and community activities.

Sassounian's popular weekly opinion column is widely printed across Armenian press. Published in California State of the USA. An Armenian activist and lobbyist.
      What's your point Crusader? You post articles endorsing the position that a true armenian is one that has a direct relationship with the country - i.e. living within its borders - and then you wish Mr. Sassounian happy birthday. He is as equally an Armenian demagogue as Mr. Baliozian and he is an Armenian activist within the diaspora.

Mr. Sassounian's endeavors and accomplishments for Armenia outside of the country are further evidence that without the diaspora, Armenia and NKR would be further isolated from the world and in disrepair economically and with regard to their respective infrastructures.

However, as an activist or leader, Mr. Sassounian's true impact is marginal as he has an inability to motivate the masses to 'true' action - e.g. peaceful protest : for example, protests on the street in favor of genocide recognition - in LA, the grassroots organizations cannot get more than a couple thousand on the streets despite approximately 350,000 Armenians in the general population - or drum up meaningful public opinion in mainstream media.

Moreover, he lacks an appreciation of the players on the other side of the field who place obstacles in front of the hai tahd within the American political arena.

As for being a contributor to Armenian periodicals, anyone can write an opinion piece in Armenian and other publications. Woohoo. Soon, someone shall replace him as the flavor of the month.

You insult Armenian diasporans and then salute a voice within it. You are either confused or ignorant. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but you are still nothing more than a domesticated cow.
      Last edited by freakyfreaky; 02-06-2008, 03:21 PM.
      Between childhood, boyhood,
      adolescence
      & manhood (maturity) there
      should be sharp lines drawn w/
      Tests, deaths, feats, rites
      stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
        ...you are still nothing more than a domesticated cow.
        Are there such things as wild cows?

...you are a not bright.

Comment

Once again, you are unable to respond to a rebuttal of one of your senseless, knee-jerk posts.

Umm, you are definitely not a buffalo, ox or yak. But, you are certainly full of bullshiat.
          adolescence

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
            An exchange between writers Ara Baliozian and Harut Sassounian.
            I have read Mr. Sassounian's work for the past 15-20 years and in my opinion, he is an exemplary Armenian, he is one of the most politically mature and balanced public figures we have in the diaspora as well. Too bad Mr. Sassounian had to waste his time debating a mentally retarded egomaniac within a Turkish website. What an embarrassment...
            Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Atleast, unlike some of his detractors here, Mr. Sassounian had the respect and common sense to recognize Mr. Baliozian as an Armenian literary figure.

At each step his detractors here prove his point without even putting Ara's proverbial feet to the fire.
              adolescence

Comment

Once again, you are unable to respond to a rebuttal of one of your senseless, knee-jerk posts.

Umm, you are definitely not a buffalo, ox or yak. But, you are certainly full of bullshiat.
                ...and once again you are a dumbfcuk...your post is not "senseless" and "knee jerk"?...do you see the irony, the hypocrisy?

Anyway, since you are a dumbfcuk, I suggest you let someone do your thinking for you. Preferably someone who is not a mental midget (like Ara B).

Comment

There is no hypocrisy or irony here, but only coincidence, the coincidence that beyond your ad hominem attacks there is nothing but dead air.

You did it to Ara. You did it to me.

At every opportunity I gave you to counter intelligently to rebut information that I provided to my premises, you proferred only and reverted immediately to meaningless personal attacks. And, even in insulting someone the same could be done intelligently.

But, you lack the skills to insult someone without them recognizing it. I encourage you to debate with Ara and fellow humans meaningfully; at the very least, perhaps, it shall assist you in improving your presentation.

Du shat dadark es.
                  Last edited by freakyfreaky; 02-06-2008, 05:39 PM.
                  adolescence

Comment

There is no hypocrisy or irony here, but only coincidence, the coincidence that beyond your ad hominem attacks there is nothing but dead air.

You did it to Ara. You did it to me.

At every opportunity I gave you to counter intelligently to rebut information that I provided to my premises, you proferred only and reverted immediately to meaningless personal attacks. And, even in insulting someone the same could be done intelligently.

But, you lack the skills to insult someone without them recognizing it. I encourage you to debate with Ara and fellow humans meaningfully; at the very least, perhaps, it shall assist you in improving your presentation.

Du shat dadark es.

Comment

Du shat dadark es.
                      A famous Anonymouse quote, "I am going to chemy in here" and just make a few points. You calling Crusader "dadark" is like the teapot calling the kettle black, I would suggest you make sure, again, who you attack and "make an example of". Furthermore, if Crusader is "dadark", what the hell is Ara then? "Metza Mitk"? So, let me get this straight, Ara, with all his rants and insults, living off Canadian welfare, and yapping across the Atlantic about the failures and flaws of his people is a "visionary", but Crusader, defending the fundimental drive of his people, making honest effort to move to Armenia, and defending values that, incidently, are the backbone of the a people is "dadark"? What kind of f'ed logic is this? It is very f'ed logic and I would recommend you keep your illogic to yourself, you are just making yourself look bad, it is getting annoying, all this to defend a man that has spent his entire life picking and disecting the very same values that contributed to his growth as a human being. I can only hope you change your ways and see the light, personally, the xxxx I see in real life and experience on the daily basis pales in comparision to these rants. I can tell you that in 50 years, we are all screwed, but then again, who is listening? What would it take for people to change? A hero? A war? Famine? Death? Disease? Who knows, but what I do know is that, again, max 50 years, if this trend continues that is. The only soldiers and "knights in shining armor" we have remaining is indeed Crusader, godspeed to him and his endeavors.
                      Last edited by Virgil; 02-07-2008, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X