Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Hookah Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hookah/Narghilè

Of course we do.
    Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Re: The Hookah Thread

Originally posted by One-Way View Post

This is the hookah I own, same color too. I got this as a gift but I'm pretty sure it costs about a $100, maybe even a little less.
      I used to have the same exact one. Loved it, one of the best hitting hookahs. Now I have some starship space age looking one that's made of stainless steel (i think) which also hits really well.

I still haven't found a really good hose. To me, the best hose would be one that's easy to clean, and provides a tight seal. The closest thing to that I've found are those plastic tubes that home depot sells.

For coal, I only use natural lemonwood coal, and for tobacco, only flavors made by Starbuzz. They usually last twice as long as all of the other flavors, so it costing twice as much is worth it for me, since the taste is also twice as good. The coal also burns extra slow, and provides a very smooth smoke.

Several tips for everyone on packing a good hookah:

- Get a wide hookah head
      - Make sure the tobacco doesn't touch the foil when you put the foil on.
      - Don't make the holes on the foil too big. I use a small pin to make the holes.
      - Once you put the tobacco in the hookah head, cut up the tobacco into tiny little pieces with scissors and remove any stems that may be in there.
      - Make sure the hookah has a very tight seal all over.
      - Fill the water in the hookah base enough so the metal pipe is submerges ~1.5 inches in the water. If you're finding the smoke to be too harsh with this method, then do 2 inches.

Comment

Good tips.

I've tried one flavor of Starbuzz (Strawberry?) and it was okay. I'd have to try their other flavors to know how I really feel about them.

I still need a better hose.

Comment

Its way better to buy one when you can use it whenever you feel like it, smoking at hookah spots or other places costs 2 much $$$$.

Comment

I bought a new bowl for my hookah; it's pretty much the one I was looking for. I believe it's ceramic and where the tobacco sits, it's very flat which is a good thing.

I also got a gasket to keep my hose in place, so I didn't technically need a new hose. It helps but it's still not perfect.

I also bought a new brand of tobacco, Star Buzz. It's been the hype recently and I didn't really care for the Strawberry flavor. My cousin recommended Fuzzy Naval which isn't too bad even though I'm not really a fan of fruity flavors.

I'm also using wood charcoal now so no more quick lights. I can defintely feel an improvement because it doesn't burn through the tobacco and you don't feel the charcoal when you smoke. I just need to buy a portable stove now.

Comment

Cool, if you dont mind me asking
              how much did you pay 4 it?

Comment

For the supplies or the hookah?

Comment

For the whole thing

Comment

The hookah was a gift but I think it costs less than $100. This includes the entire hookah set; all you would need is tobacco and charcoal.

Tobacco costs anywhere from $12-$20 for their regular sized containers. Most brands also have "sample" boxes which typically cost $2-$7. This is a good deal because even though it contains much less, it's more practical. If you aren't familiar with what you're buying, you can buy several sample flavors.

The type of charcoal I bought was around $6 for the entire bag. I'm not sure how many pieces are included, but it's your typical wood charcoal. It contains at least a hundred or so and will last a long time.

So depending on what you go with, you're looking at around $100. Of course, there are smaller hookah's which are also nice for a fraction of the price. Replacements and extra supplies you buy don't cost much, such as the new bowl I bought, it was only $5. You won't need to replace anything for a long time anyway.

Comment

i wonder if there's anyway to hook a bagpipe up to a hookah...

Comment

Working...
                      X