Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Being Armenian!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Armenian!

someone mentioned indo-european in a previous thread just now so i decided to write this. for those of you that don't know, Armenians are aryan (armenioid-aryans to be exact). basically we are considered white and were the first race to accept christianity as a religion. which i think is one of the main reasons the turks went on that massacre, to eliminate christianity in that area. we're basically the oldest orthodox christians in the world (exclude me because my views on religion are totally different lol). i just wish armenia was never in the middle of all these xxxxing crazy nations that are all islamic (not really racist but dont like their way of doing things and thier lifestyle). they're basically landlocked between all the islamic nations and there's been so many countless islamic invasions in armenia, just the ability for them (us) to have remained a christian nation is more than impressive to me, it shows a lot about armenians. we are one of the oldest nations in history. but another thing ill say is before the genocide and before all these onslaughts on the armenians, i heard a lot of stories on how the armenian people were truly special people, very nice people, with trust , honor, loyalty , and respect, i dont know if its all we've been through but the armenians of today, and especially in LA , (because i know most of the forumers here are from LA) are disloyal, disrespectful, honorless, and just stupid motherxxxxers that im ready to kill at any moment. especially these rabiz characters which are mostly gheughatsees, so i dont blame them for the way they are, because i dont care if youre hayastanci, barskahye, beirutsi or any other type of armenian as long as you have those 4 things that i mentioned. i dont like how the armenians of today have turned out, i wish it was how it used to be back a century ago. but even through all this i can still say that all that we have done, all that we have gone through, all that we have achieved .... im damn proud to be an ARMENIAN

GETSSESSSSSSSSs..........finally somebody realising what's happening to armenians in the diaspora...

Comment

Halleluja!

There are just a few people who knows that armenians were blond with light eyes....real arier... ( don't wonna sound like nazzi here) , but it is the truth.... . But it's ok, i'm very pleased by being a brunett lol

p.s. That rabiz style buggs me too.... , but it doesn't have to be an issue coz in evey nation theere are plenty of idiots...so

Comment

Thats true, artsakhtsi, unfortunately when you have a very small population of people setting an example out there for all the world to see, usually you are defined by those few idiots. Or else myself and others that I know would not introduce themselves to odars and make sure to include the fact that 'we're NOT russian-armenians like the one's in glendale.' usually to get the point across to whoever the odar might be that we should not be put in the same tasagark as those people omni speaks of.

Its a sad sad thing, but what can you do about it, right?
        The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Salutations, and I have read what you wrote. However, you have to remember to get your facts straight. Armenians are not a "race," so to speak. We are an ethnicity of Indo-European descent, NOT to ever be mistaken with Middle Eastern. There is a major distinction between RACE and ETHNICITY. Armenians are a PART of a RACE,i.e. WHITE race (Caucasian.) But really it was really quite refreshing to see another fellow Armenian who can see that and be able to allow others to really observe that crucial fact.

Comment

There are certain people in life (for some confusingly odd reason,) who never seem to accept facts for what they really are. I would have liked to insult these people even more, but with their intelligence they wouldn't get offended. Indeed there exist things in the world that some people are privy to seeing and taking in with an intelligent mindset - some are generally less intelligent. Many people accept blindly what is given to them. Furthermore, Their egos and the absence of logic seems to glare when approaching these oafs because ignorance of their sort can only be visible to the naked human eye. Moreover, these held-back blackguards refuse to accept any form of enlightenment and or advancement just because it was not derived from their dense heads. If you’ve been browsing around the environment of Armenianclub.com YOU will know what I am talking about. While there may be a way to enhance your looks artificially( plastic tits body waxing and earrings in unnecessary places such as the genitalia of the body)and sneaking behind your parents' backs to (stooping low) to intentionally violate every moral, being the desperate attention starved servile flatterers you are, there is no vaccine or surgery against stupidity. I warn all you other achieving DECENT Armenians, who wont sell out like cowards at the sight of difficulty, to neglect each and every one of these future mental patients. There are times where they have something on their minds - and yes they wear hats occasionally but moving on.

I'm not sure what makes some people think they're the most successful creature by using a process of imitational learning -- considering that some humans are threatening the very existence and the safety of the rest of their cultures by doing so, decreasing their chances to function as a unit. Now one may ask "Ryan what the hell are you talking about?" My answer is: OUR people or what is left of them. Sadly, as much as I hate to berate them, I must inform them for their own good.

A lot of Armenians try to receive satisfaction based on other non Armenians' opinions trying to achieve satisfaction for THEIR thoughts about Armenians--in a low pathetic attempt to fit in. Anyway, moving on to the point of this sermon. For those ignoramuses wondering as to WHY in documents and standardized testing when it is time to mark in the ETHNIC BACKGROUND/RACE section a typical Armo is found to be clue less as to WHICH one to select.

The choices are as follows:
            African (Black)
            Hispanic (Latino)
            Alaskan or Native American
            Asian or oriental
            Caucasian (White)

Now from the following choices every Armenian whether they like it or not fall into the LAST category. That is right folks, we re naturally WHITE. White is not an ethnicity or nationality it is a RACE, that of which the Armenians and Greeks and Italians and Irish and German and Polish and Romanian and Dutch and British and Swedish and Icelandic and Swiss and French and Danish and Russian and Serbian and Ukrainians and Spaniards and all the other cultures that currently descended from them into tiny nations. Therefore, YOU RE ARMENIAN YOU RE WHITE END OF STORY. The only reason why those other inbreeds tell you "dude im white" is because their relatives came here as in AMERICA (right after they so heinously killed and stole this land from the Indians) a long time ago, way before Armenians ever did (vast majority that is) and since then their ancestors have mixed and mixed and mixed so much that they lost not only their vitality but their overall cultural IDENTITY thus why they don't have the time to explain to the curious Armenian what they actually are. They cant stand there with Armen for example and say "im 1/2 Dutch 3/4 Irish and 1/58th German" so they just try to simplify things by telling them from an overall view by saying "I am WHITE" because in essence alllllllll of those European nations are of and part of the WHITE race. Armenians however are and cant afford to get mixed that way and also need more unity and integration for the preservation benefit of their own culture in this diverse cesspool. Stooping low to fit in wont do this decrepit culture anymore good, c'mon the historical facts should be enough proof for you. That isn't the point though. The point is you Armenians really need to stop relying on biased ignorant beliefs and stick with the facts like every other new wave of immigrant that once set food upon this nation. Then, as soon as you get actually EDUCATED its time then to INTEGRATE. Get off your high horses and lose the egos among each other and start working FOR your culture not against or out of it. Those senseless endeavors will not only lead to you betraying your kind from your primitiveness but it will ultimately lead to the END of YOU-- the person who is a PART of that culture. There are certain people in life, for some confusing reason, who never seem to accept facts for what they really are. I would have liked to insult these people even more, but with their intelligence they wouldn't get offended. Their egos and the absence of logic seems to glare when approaching these oafs because ignorance of their sort can only be visible to the naked human eye. Moreover, these held-back blackguards refuse to accept any form of enlightenment and or advancement just because it was not derived from their dense heads. If you ve been browsing around the environment of Armenianclub.com YOU will know what I am talking about. While there may be a way to enhance your looks artificially( plastic tits body waxing and earrings in unnecessary places such as the genitalia of the body)and sneaking behind your parents' backs to (stooping low) to intentionally violate every moral, being the desperate attention starved servile flatterers you are, there is no vaccine or surgery against stupidity. I warn all you other achieving DECENT Armenians, who wont sell out like cowards at the sight of difficulty, to neglect each and every one of these future mental patients. There are times where they have something on their minds - and yes they wear hats occasionally but moving on.

I'm not sure what makes some people think they're the most successful creature by using a process of imitational learning -- considering that some humans are threatening the very existence and the safety of the rest of their cultures by doing so, decreasing their chances to function as a unit. Now one may ask "Ryan what the hell are you talking about?" My answer is: OUR people or what is left of them. Sadly, as much as I hate to berate them, I must inform them for their own good.

A lot of Armenians try to receive satisfaction based on other non Armenians' opinions trying to achieve satisfaction for THEIR thoughts about Armenians--in a low pathetic attempt to fit in. Anyway, moving on to the point of this sermon. For those ignoramuses wondering as to WHY in such documents and standardized testing . From an evolutionary perspective, productivity among your tribe is the sign of success, and in that area we're on the other end of the spectrum.

So in conclusion, wise up and stop aiming for abandonment of your own morals and start shaping up to the new ones that we as Armenians are obligated to abide by to map out successful roads for our later generations of Armenians. This message is written only for and with the hopes of encouraging Armenians for the purpose of surmounting over those odds in our worldly paths.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod Salutations, and I have read what you wrote. you have to remember . Armenians are not a "race," so to speak. We are an ethnicity of Indo-European descent, NOT to ever be mistaken with Middle Eastern. There is a major distinction between RACE and ETHNICITY. Armenians are a PART of a RACE,i.e. WHITE race (Caucasian.) But really it was really quite refreshing to see another fellow Armenian who can see that and be able to allow others to really observe that crucial fact.
              ya of course "so to speak" but technically when it comes down to it, armenians are caucasian and we are that of the caucasian race. but when it comes down to detail you're right ethnicity is the heritage, nationality group, lineage, or country of birth of the person. there can be People who identify their origin as Spanish, Hispanic, or Latino but they can still be of any race. i hope people understand what that means. THERE is a difference between race and ethnicity. and thanks for the comments (all of you)

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod
                So in conclusion, wise up and stop aiming for abandonment of your own morals and start shaping up to the new ones that we as Armenians are obligated to abide by to map out successful roads for our later generations of Armenians. This message is written only for and with the hopes of encouraging Armenians for the purpose of surmounting over those odds in our worldly paths.
                hopefully that will happen but nowadays i highly doubt it, especially in glendale so many FAKE people here man it makes me sick to my stomach , LITERALLY!.

TRUST, HONOR, LOYALTY, RESPECT , and PRIDE ,,,,,those are the 5 main things you look for in a person

Comment

IM VERY PROUD TO BE ARMENIAN TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  and many people should be, who are not. because they dont know about our history, they feel ashamed when they speak armenian and they dont send their little kids to armenian schools.

ARMENIAN means: Kaj, Anvax, Xelatsi and Stubborn to survive wherever and whenever.

Im thanking God every single day and single monent that I am Armenian!

An piece of adivce--------> dont pay attention to those who dont appreciate the value of belonging to this nation. Because ONE DAY
                  WE WILL BE STRONG ENOUGH TO BUILD OUR COUNTRY AND LIVE IN IT AS WE ALL WISH TO HAPPEN.

I feel so fanatic and patriotic now.....................
                  thnx Omni.

Comment

lol, good point about our stubornness fire... Here's a hilarious editorial by John Hughes, which speaks of an "irish bar" in Yerevan. John Hughes, by the way, is an American journalist of Irish descent who has moved to Armenia, and is the editor of ArmeniaNow. (www.armenianow.com)

I LOVE the last 3 paragraphs of the article.
                    --------------------------------------------------
                    Outside Eye: A non-Armenian's view of life in his adopted home

By John Hughes
                    Editor

The world is a better place today. Sure 'tis, for, I am pleased to report, Guinness beer has come to Armenia. I am a simple man. This is a simple story.
                    At the corner of Nalbandian and Sayat Nova streets, the news was delivered by my new favorite bartenders, Aram and Sarkis in their new bar which I had approached with skepticism since the first day the sign lit up announcing "Irish Bar".

"We got Guinness today from Dublin," were the first words out of Aram's mouth when I entered Thursday night. He waved his beefy paw to the meticulously stocked backbar, and there like jewels in a case, were rows of Ireland's finest export: cans and cans of the "sev garejur", the black beer of the Emerald Island.

(Refer to sentence two, to understand why this makes me happy.)

A guy named Aram and one named Sarkis and a manager named Nune in an "Irish" bar called "Emile's" (I'll get to that later) on the corner of a street named for an Armenian poet and bard, were smiling like they'd just won the green card lottery. This alone made my first Yerevan Guinness no less sweet than if himself patron saint St. Patrick had served it as holy water.

These many years into my discovery of Armenia, I still get a chuckle over attempts here to duplicate world phenomena. It hasn't been so long ago that a restaurant calling itself "Acapulco" offered a "burrito" that was a Russian blinchik under a "salsa" of ketchup woven with mayonnaise. And gone, thankfully, are the days when "sausage pizza" was glorified lavash topped with sliced wieners.

I kind of miss the charm of near-miss reproduction now that Armenia is becoming more sophisticated. But the opening of its first "Irish" bar has managed to fill the "kitsch" gap in my twisted cultural appetite.

Culture clash begins at the appropriately green and gold-glassed door when you are welcomed to "Emile's" Irish bar.

Emile's.

I've been in more "Pat's" Irish bars than I care to (or can) remember. Plenty of "O'Reily's" and "Murphy's" and "O'Shaughnessy's" and, yes, in Dublin, "Hughes' Pub". Leave it to the Armenians to introduce me to one named "Emile's".

Emile's Irish Bar. Which brings me to this question: To say nothing of the Irish, when's the last time you met an Armenian named Emile?

You meet the bar's namesake in his photograph on the main inside wall. He looks to be about 2 years old, is dressed like a cowboy (speaking of culture clashes) and is holding a (German) beer stein larger than his cute head.

He is the grandson of the bar's owner and, bygoodness, if the Irish can put their own names on their bars, why can't an "Irish" bar in Armenia do the same, even if the name is neither Irish nor Armenian? (Have I ever told you that I once saw a pair of "Al Pacino" jeans here?)

At roughly $5.35 a can, not even the displaced and homesick here are likely to be clearing the bar's shelves of its Guinness, so the featured libation in the "Irish" bar is vodka. It is bottled exclusively for Armenia's first "Irish" bar and bears its own label - "Emile's".

(Sidebar: I'm staring down the barrel of age 50, and the only namesake a rowdy life has gotten me is that my name is slang for toilet. But a two year old Armenian gets his name on an "Irish" bar that has a house vodka under his own label. Life'll kill ya.)

There's also a house "Irish" wine, bottled and kegged a glance away from the six-inch letters proclaiming "Guinness Sold Here". You guessed it. The wine is called "Emile's".

So I'm sitting inside Emile's Irish Bar trying to figure what I can tell you about this bar and what it says about this place. This: It is perfect.

Go to Tbilisi and find Irish bars that look like they've been dumped out of a do-it-yourself Irish Pub kit. Find the same thing in Baku, where you can drink at "Flannigan's". Recently in Almaty, Kazakhstan I visited "Murphy's" Irish bar and in Istanbul drank on my birthday in the "James Joyce".

Pretenders, those are. The Irish, like the Armenians, are so stubbornly individualistic (collectively so, if that's possible) that they have suffered as a result.

So from those of us who have been waiting for a "real" Irish bar in Armenia, why shouldn't it have a name that defies tradition? Thank you, you little leprechaunian, Emile. I can't afford your Guinness. But I like your attitude.

Comment

Working...
                    X