Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ideas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas!

Hey guys, I need to write a persuasive essay, about anything, however I need to take the unexpected stand on it, and convince the reader that my stand on the subject matter is right.

Any ideas on something interesting??

I'm having a hard time coming up with something.

hmmm.

Abortion

Stem Cell Research

Cloning
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Gun control? I did a speech about gun control in my public speaking class in college, the speech started and ended with a quote from Hitler. I recieved an A on the speech.

Emil

Comment

how about doing a persuasive speech on sweatshops.

when most people think of sweatshops they are totally against it and advocate banning them...but doing a speech pro sweatshops would be a total unexpected stand. most websites articles and such always talk about how terrible they are and how they treat the workers like slaves, but what about those people who work in the sweatshops to survive because it is the only means of making money. anyway just an idea.

Comment

How about legalizing marijuana that should blow everyone’s bloomers off! If you do the research you will see how much sense it all makes, but you would have to make a very confident presentation to persuade your peers. I know I did, and I got more OOHs and AAAHHHs then Jerry Springer does from his audience and as a result got a smashing A+ …after my professor and I smoked a fat one that is.

By the way there is nothing concerning sweatshops that can be persuaded, it’s quite apparent. They are built for money hungry Republicans and Corporate hogs with IRS on their ass and are used to evade taxes and threats of labor unions which eventually make their way in.

Comment

Originally posted by anileve How about legalizing marijuana that should blow everyone’s bloomers off! If you do the research you will see how much sense it all makes, but you would have to make a very confident presentation to persuade your peers.
            So legalization is still a very controversial issue in the States eh? I ask because in Canada, no one really seems to care, and oral presentations about the subject are frequent, even in high school, and most people adopt a pro-legalization stance in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants So legalization is still a very controversial issue in the States eh? I ask because in Canada, no one really seems to care, and oral presentations about the subject are frequent, even in high school, and most people adopt a pro-legalization stance in them.
              aren't there actually places in canada where they sell it legally? i thought there were. at least we went to a smoke shop and actually bought marijuana last time i went to canada. maybe it was an illegal place. oops.
              The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug aren't there actually places in canada where they sell it legally? i thought there were. at least we went to a smoke shop and actually bought marijuana last time i went to canada. maybe it was an illegal place. oops.
                lol, I think you went somewhere illegal. There were talks about the government selling it for medical purposes, but talks have stalled as of late, and it no longer seems to be a hot issue in the press.

Comment

uhm. oops. don't tell anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug uhm. oops. don't tell anyone!
                    Too late. I already told the RCMP (Canadian FBI). There should be men in red jackets on horses in front of your house in no time.

Comment

Working...
                    X