Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

That was some good speech!

Sorry about your father.... horin tsavatskum em. Everything you said is soooo true, i thank God every day, about everything that i have/don't have.....i appreciate all of it.

Lav lines ahchik!

p.s. i just came home from work, and i'm dieing...my feet hurts soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much,,,,so you are not alone

Comment

you're not alone violette
      I'm at work also ...
      but hey... we're makin money!
      AND i'm getting paid today!
      so those of you who are broke at home, sux to be YOU!!
      mouahahahhahha

oh and the first thing I was thankful for this thanxgiving was this guy I was dating...
      even though at times, he treated me like I don't exist, he's the reason I'm a stronger and a better person now!
      so thank you God for introducing him to me
      my psych instructor says people teach us about ourselves!

Comment

I wish I could be more articulate in the following post, but I am tired and my thoughts are all in a jumble and I probably should be asleep so I wont get more sick but the other posts made me all musy too and there are too many things running through my head right now, so bear with me....

Violet, I am sorry for your loss, and I agree with you wholeheartedly about thanking God for what we have to be thanful for.

It seems to me that not believing in God is like a new trend or soemthing, I don't know. Truly, I think that when people go through hard times they seem to take that as an 'opportuniy' almost to meghatrel God and wonder why he wasn't there for them in their time of need, etc etc. I know it's hard sometimes to have this kind of blind faith in Him, but it's important, so I too am thankful for whatever I have, regardless of the upset and loss and utter confusion I might have been thrown into in the past week.

When things are bad at least the thought that they WILL get better helps us get through it to the next day. And there are always opportunities out there to help other people which help us feel better about ourselves and the situations we find ourselves in. Don't you think?

As for people teaching us about ourselves jahannamig, don't you wish that it would be though more positive ways? It seems to me that most people have been though some kind of pain because of other people. I know that what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger. I just wish we could teach eachother lessons through more positive ways. For example, much as I am relieved to learn that I am strong enough to get through a world of pain etc and I have an incredible support group of family and friends I can lean on when i need to (and who in turn can lean on me when times are bad for them) I wish I didn't have to come to that realization due to the fact that I found out my ex boyfriend is pretty damn evil (and boy have I been thanking God every day for helping me realize this before things went too much further and more time passed). Couldn't I have found out all those things because, oh I don't know, something happy happened?? hehe. You know what i mean?

Chem Kider.

That basically sums up what I've been thinking and feeling and realizing after this week and reading all your posts....

Chem Kider!!! I don't know....
        Last edited by ckBejug; 11-28-2003, 02:15 PM.
        The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Well, first off, thank u SOOOO much for all the love im feeling right now. It's nice to see u can find decent human beings out there who are not only out to get u into trouble. As for what Jahannam said, well honey, I know exactly what u mean. I don't know if ur still with him and he's making u a stronger person, or that he did something awful to u to make u realize that u don't need his WACK ASS...but in any case, I think God has a plan for all of us. If he didn't think I was strong enough to make it without my dad, he wouldn't have taken him away from me. I know most people, like cK said, have this notion that God is to blame for all the wrong in the world. Well, I think it's the evil in the world that brings on disease, famine, poverty...etc. It's up to God to take what he wants, and help out the rest of us still living on his green and blue planet. I don't know how many times I have thanked him for helping my dad end his suffering. So, if I can find the light out of this dark situation, then ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. Getting over a guy is the easiest thing in the world for me.lol.. I literally will forget his name within a matter of minutes. LOL. I hope we, women, can find out path and learn to think about ourselves first, stop putting others' thoughts and feelings before ours', and just LIVE LIFE....YEY Well said Violette..lol Anyway, it's Sat morning and I'm at work. YUK...I guess I am making money...thanks u guys for putting a HUGE smile on my face. I won't forget it. If u need anyone to talk to, I'm here.

Love,
          V

Comment

Working...
          X