Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

First Amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Amendment

Since this is a public forum, I can't understand why so many people have taken such an interest into limiting our opinions and statements. I totally understand that it's wrong to offend people and to make racist, rude, vulgar comments and such, but isn't it up to each individual to censor themselves? I mean this is just a suggestion, but maybe instead of making these "rules", we should try being nicer to eachother. In this particular forum, you can see what I'm talking about. There is soo much hate on people who "don't fit in" that it's come to the point where I feel like we're back in Junior High and the "cool kids" are bashing all the "others". Then of course, we have a Blacklist.....LOL It's funny and all, but I think that people need to understand that no one really knows anyone else in here....we're all strangers. Your opinions about me, and everyone else, influence everyone else. I know I was wrong, for the people who are reading this and rolling their eyes, but I'm willing to make a change, as long as I know that I'm not going to be bombarded by comments telling me how stupid I am and how lame my posts are..LOL It's okay though, just as with all things of this nature, I have an incredible ability to forgive those who don't understand me, and so I will do so.......... Have a nice day!

Peoples personality on the computer is very different from how they are in everyday life. It is like driving: some xxxxxxx cuts you off and you want to shoot the motherxxxxer for being stupid than damn scrotum. But I've driven in cars with my friends. Some of my friends are those very people. It is a nice post, violette.

FYI: I live in GH as well.

Comment

Hmmmm. I bet I have seen both Violette AND Arvestaked at Albertsons or something (Although with all the grocery strike thing going on we don't buy groceries anymore, lol, so probably not anytime recently). hehe. It seems we have a large Granada Hills population in here. LoL.
      Last edited by ckBejug; 12-04-2003, 10:02 AM.
      The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

YEYYYYYYY!! We all live in Granada Hills....BTW I shop at Trader Joe's on San Fernando Mission and Balboa...so hope to see u there...Yea that's it.let's make a date to go to Trader Joes (the new TJ BABY!) It's the shiznit there..loooooooooool

Comment

Haha! Yeah Trader Joes is cool. Great place to buy granola, yum. and weird ass health nut food. I love that they have like all this health stuff, then like enormous chunks of chocolate by the cash register. They have their priorities striahg tat least. Hehe. Ever been to Hows? They are so sneaky. They sell the same food for about 3X more money. Anyway. See you at the grocery store!
          Last edited by ckBejug; 12-04-2003, 10:22 AM.
          The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

ck: You too?! Nice. I do not shop at Albertson's but I am always happy to cross the picket line. As a matter of fact I usually sho at the Ralph's at Zelzah and Chatsworth (the northernmost one) but when the picketing stopped there, I started going to Vons. By the way, ck, you logged off yesterday before I could say "Luis pari".

Comment

Originally posted by Arvestaked ck: You too?! Nice. I do not shop at Albertson's but I am always happy to cross the picket line. As a matter of fact I usually sho at the Ralph's at Zelzah and Chatsworth (the northernmost one) but when the picketing stopped there, I started going to Vons. By the way, ck, you logged off yesterday before I could say "Luis pari".
              Aww thanks! Anoosh koon pari yearz. You can keep that one for tonight I guess =) I wonder how those two Ralphs on Chatsworth, situated across the street from eachother actually make any money. They are competing against eachother. What a waste of rent! Funny, you specify you go to the northernmost one. lol. Is there any difference? Anyway, my mom is a big fan of Costco, so usually we only get last minute things anywhere else.

Comment

LMAO..the last time i tried to cross that damn picket line at Ralphs (by Michaels), my mom almost had a heart attack..LMAO.. U should have seen her screaming at me across the line from my car...She wanted to have nothing to so with me. I was a disgrace to her, as a daughter. LMAO Anyway i don't like Hows because, like u said, it's a complete rip off..I LOVE TJ though, they have organic stuff, not the processed, pestiside-full crap u get at the other stores. UGHKH..hey I heard that there's a TJ in Burbank now. The Armenians have taken a liking to it, since that's the new thing that my aunts are talking about...LOOOOOOOOL We're the bomb dude.

Comment

If they were not making money, one would close. I guess one of the used to be a Hughes. When Ralphs bought Hughes they ended up with two Ralphs....Ralphses....whatever. The northern one caters to the people who live north of Chatsworth and the other one....well, you get it. The funny thing about it is, before the strike, when everything was normal, they had different business hours. The northern one would close earlier.

Comment

I think it's strange that the three of us should hail from GH. Small world, eh? When I tell people where I live I always add 'if you sneeze you'll miss it.' I used to live in glendale where our house and our neightbors house had different zip codes, glendale is so big. it was so weird to come to GH and realize the entire of GH had the same zip code..... like I said... small world!

Comment

Working...
                    X