Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What is "Christmas?" What does it mean?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by violette829 U know, it's one thing to talks xxxx about differences in political views, or merely talk xxxx to eachother...but it's another to call Jesus a "fantastical turd". R u serious? I mean how much of a lost soul are u that u have to say that? U just offended me more with that statement than ANYONE has every done > EVER! I know this forum is all fun and games, but there must be a line drawn somewhere....that's just NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT right.. Jesus Christ brings comfort and joy to many many people (including myself). Think what u want about him, u don't even have to believe that he exists, but DON'T resort to dragging his name through the mud like u did. I mean, what are u thinking? I'm so sick of u synical, negative people, bringing the rest of us down. Let us believe what we want! Why do u care so much about what I believe?
    Yes, I am serious.
    I never said I cared about other peoples beliefs. And if Jesus is so important to you then my opinions should not bother you. Relax and turn the other cheek.
    Yes, this forum is fun and games and you cannot draw such a line. If I had crossed a line, it is an unfairly placed line. What if I say that Christmas offends me and discussion about Christmas offends me. Would it be fair to keep people from discussing it on my account? No. This all boils down to, "You can express you opinions as long as they are my own." I do not have a problem dragging the name through anything because it is an entity that gets its credit for common sense and unoriginal ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan I agree. Some people like to talk to create a breeze.
      I am sorry but my response was entirely honest.
      And everyone who opens their mouth does so to "create a breeze."

Comment

Originally posted by violette829 ..I'll forget ur stupid statement and just move on....
        I cannot understand why it is acceptable for you to be intentionally offensive and it is unacceptable for me to be unintentionally offensive. Well, what I said was not entirely unintentional in its offensiveness, but the issue is still valid.
        Last edited by Arvestaked; 12-22-2003, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I just like singing carols and seeing lights everywhere. Makes no difference to me what else goes on. Let the people have their fun. Let the miserable be miserable.

Comment

Exactly...if ur not in the Christmas spirit, don't try to bring the rest of us down....UGHKH

Comment

Where are you getting this idea that my purpose it to bring everybody else down? Nothing I have said suggests such an intention.

And not appreciating a holiday does not mean one is miserable. They just do not appreciate a holiday. Preriod.

Why is all of this difficult to comprehend? Why do you feel the need to refer to nonexistent links between A and B?

Cue smiley:

Comment

I think Christmas time is mostly spending time with the family or relatives that you don't see often. It's a time to forgive the people you love if you hurt them in any way, and hope that New Years will bring good fortune.

"A listening ear to the friend with a heartache.
                A thank you to the tired salesperson who serves you.
                Laughter to brighten a less-fortunate's life.
                A kiss and a hug for a handicapped child.
                Time to read to the sightless.
                An act of kindness to the shut-in.
                A cheery greeting to one who is ill.
                A smile to the elderly person who is struggling to walk.
                A written message to a lonely one.
                How simple our Christmas shopping can be this year -
                And every year - when we give gifts of the heart. "
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by violette829 How can u say that u don't intend to bring anyone down when u called the whole purpose of my fav. holiday a FANTASTICAL TURD... U know, I like u now that u like Golden Girls, so please don't xxxx IT UP! Just stop this NOW>......and just think about what u did! I hope ur happy that I have a frown on my face right now

Cue smiley:

Vi
                  My intent is purely to express my opinion. I never intend on bringing anybody down. Whether I do or not is unrelated because it is your choice to be offended or not, especially if you agree with the words Jesus allegedly spoke. I wish I was sorry that religion and faith offend me, but I am not.

Do not worry. You will always have opportunity to like me because, over all, I am likeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Arvestaked My intent is purely to express my opinion. I never intend on bringing anybody down. Whether I do or not is unrelated because it is your choice to be offended or not, especially if you agree with the words Jesus allegedly spoke. I wish I was sorry that religion and faith offend me, but I am not.

Do not worry. You will always have opportunity to like me because, over all, I am likeable.
                    I doubt it makes any difference, but I like you.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname I doubt it makes any difference, but I like you.
                      How does dinner and a movie sound?

Comment

Working...
                      X