Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Going to Yerevan (first time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Yerevan (first time)

Hello everyone,

So i'm going to Yerevan this summer, for the first time. Actually i dont know what to expect. How is the nightlife in Yerevan? What do people regularly do in the afternoon? So there isn't warm water in the night to take a shower?

Any other recommendations?

ciao

Re: Going to Yerevan (first time)

It's been a very long time since I've been to Yerevan. But from what I've heard the night life is awesome in Yerevan, so you shouldn't worry about that. What do normal people do in the afternoon, some work or go do shopping. And water is a problem in Yerevan don't know if that has changed?

Comment

So i'm going to Yerevan this summer, for the first time. Actually i dont know what to expect.
      Expect to be surprised and always in a good way !

How is the nightlife in Yerevan?
      Amazing!

What do people regularly do in the afternoon?
      Stuff people around the world do like go to work, go to class, etc.

So there isn't warm water in the night to take a shower?
      In some places, yes. There are many houses that have permanent water but most of them are time-based which means you get water in the morning and the evening. Not in the afternoon. So most here collect and store water every day. It's not really a big problem.

I have been living in Armenia for over three years already so if you need any help, let me know. Be happy to help. Nice to know you'll be visiting Armenia. All the best yekhpayr.

Peace
      THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

I remember there are kinds of drinking water
        But I forgot which one tasted nasty...sorry.

When are you going to Armenia?
        Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

At night is when the town comes to life :P

Comment

That's true Pazooki

No matter what time it is, there are always people in the streets.
            Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Oke thanks, i'm going to Yerevan on the 30th of july. Well, first of all, i'm a bit scared for flying to Armenia, but i'm pretty sure everything will be oke after the flight. I will also visit other places then Yerevan, like everday i will visit another place and then in the evening come back to Yerevan to go out!

Btw, how is the weather in Yerevan? really hot?

Is it possible to go to Alaverdi in the morning and come back in the evening? i mean, would you recommend doing such a thing or would you say no dont do it?

How are the girls? And if you go out, can you hook up with the girls there or is it really hard?

How much money should one take with him for 3 weeks? How much would be enough to live good?

By the way, are there many people which speak english?

Looking forward to the replies!

Ciao

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
                I remember there are kinds of drinking water
                But I forgot which one tasted nasty...sorry.
                Jermuk will only give you some (allegedly) slight arsenic poisoning, but the one that really should leave a bad taste in the mouth is Brnj - and it is nothing to do with the taste of the actual product.

Mind you, if one examined most branded products in Armenia from a moral standpoint, looking at the criminals who own them or control their importations or extort money to allow their sale, one would consume next to nothing.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                  Jermuk will only give you some (allegedly) slight arsenic poisoning, but the one that really should leave a bad taste in the mouth is Brnj - and it is nothing to do with the taste of the actual product.
                  Mind you, if one examined most branded products in Armenia from a moral standpoint, looking at the criminals who own them or control their importations or extort money to allow their sale, one would consume next to nothing.
                  Not anymore it doesn't. My dad's friend even told us that they removed the poisionus ingredient from it and now it's legal in the U.S. The other day my dad's friend who came from Vegas even said they are putting it back on the market in U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Pazooki View Post
                    Not anymore it doesn't. My dad's friend even told us that they removed the poisionus ingredient from it and now it's legal in the U.S. The other day my dad's friend who came from Vegas even said they are putting it back on the market in U.S.
                    But even so it's meant to be used for medicinal use - not drunk regularly like it were spring water. I think it says as much on the label.

And the other one will continue to have a bad taste until it is returned to its rightful owners.
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                    X