Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Religion (split from Q&A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Religion (split from Q&A)

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    Ah yes... an Australian... another one of Britain's great achievements... let's take all our criminals and put them on an island, wipe out the aboriginal people and plunder the land.
    Yeh the imperial britts do indeed suck ass but i still dont see where your goin with this.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

At some point in time, I shall get a t-shirt with KanadaHye's name on it.
      Indeed I agree with Andre, I myself am of partial Irish descent and connected with both my roots, while being an agnost, I do respect the contributions that Catholic Irishmen have made to keep their culture and use it as battle strategy to fight against the Saxons. We Irish have a strong warrior presence before that indeed, but look at what Protestant Irishmen did, very often sided with the British (although there are some Prod Fenians). But I see it much as the same as an Armenian would I assume view the Armenian Orthodox Church, it protected Armenian culture from assimilation from Turks and a fall to Islam, which would have left the Armenians in the position of the Kurds on this day and age.

My take on religion is, I'm an agnost, I can't tell you that God exists or not, I can't analyze God, that doesn't mean there can be no God, we couldn't measure atoms before, because we didn't have the science available.
      The FSM argument, while amusing, cannot hold an argument, as we know spaghetti was made by man, it existed post man, therefore it's impossible to see we were created by something that created us, the timeline gets kinda shadoodled there no? However, before theorising evolution, people saw, as animals can breed to create offsring, it is possible that original man came from a creator, it's not that far fetched from that perspective. Now let me repeat, I do believe in evolution, but I don't see how anyone that believes that the big bang, or the original proto-humans were formed by God neccesarily are hypocrites.

My favourite hypocracy is when people who are overtly athiest push their beliefs on others (including agnosts) and then complain about religious people pushing theirs...great example of a free exchance of thoughts

Comment

http://wikiality.wikia.com/Great_Britain Now everything on that page IS TRUE.

"As there's not much point worrying about history before the birth of Jesus, 0 AD would be a good starting point. According to the lyrics of the hymn 'Jerusalem', Jesus visited Britain. Noone in Britain is impolite enough to contest this.

Friendly British natives were then rudely invaded by the Romans during their imperial days, not to be confused with the infinitely better and more polite British Empire. The Romans couldn't invade Scotland, so one man called Hadrian built a wall sealing it off. The Romans then left when the Empire was ravaged by barbarians (Germans causing trouble; a sign of things to come), which left the British to be rudely invaded again by Vikings, Angles, and Saxons.

Just when the Angles and Saxons got all comfortable, Britain was conquered by the French in 1066. They were led by William Wallace the Conquerer. Britain was never invaded again, unlike the French, which is ironic. However, Americans don't understand irony, so it's not worth mentioning. "

LOL

Strange Laws in Great Britain

It is illegal to be Irish in Britain. It is not illegal to sleep with your best friends mam, as long as you say 'cheerio' and 'that was rather nice' when you leave the house.

Religious

Britain is a religiously diverse nation, with religions running the gamut from Godless Heathen Paganism to Free Masonry

Dentistry

Oral hygiene is believed to be a myth propagated by the elusive "tooth fairy." She is used to frighten children into not flossing.
        Last edited by KanadaHye; 06-18-2010, 04:25 PM.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I am agnostic myself for the same reasons Pedro mentions but i gota admit athiests are more fun. Here is a skit on death and how religious people say stupid things and again the funny stuff is in the end.
          Doug Stanhopeexcerpt from Word of Mouthavailable at www.sacredcow.comalso visit www.dougstanhope.com
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Meh, they aren't more fun, they are just as annoying, there should be a athiest vs. religious war, and agnosts can sit and have some popcorn and watch the match...or here's an idea, a religious and athiests could have a soccer match, I'll bring the vuvuzelas.

As to the death thing, lol, it was amusing.
            It's odd viewing death from an Aztec perspective though, we have dancing little calacas, calaveras and mariachis and candy, death is seen as a joyous occassion rather than mourning. In old Aztec mythology, you were meant to be ahmiquizmauhqui (fearless of death)

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
              Meh, they aren't more fun, they are just as annoying, there should be a athiest vs. religious war, and agnosts can sit and have some popcorn and watch the match...or here's an idea, a religious and athiests could have a soccer match, I'll bring the vuvuzelas.

As to the death thing, lol, it was amusing.
              It's odd viewing death from an Aztec perspective though, we have dancing little calacas, calaveras and mariachis and candy, death is seen as a joyous occassion rather than mourning. In old Aztec mythology, you were meant to be ahmiquizmauhqui (fearless of death)
              NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Keep the freakin vuvuzelas in Africa! My son was asking me where all the bee sounds were coming from and i told him it was a musical horn, he looked at me in silence as if that was the dumbest idea ever.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

You know how to play it? You basically fart with your mouth in the tube lol

Comment

You know how to play it? You basically fart with your mouth in the tube lol
                  No thanks man i already have a windinstrument attached to me and i prefer to have women play with it.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

However, before theorising evolution, people saw, as animals can breed to create offsring, it is possible that original man came from a creator, it's not that far fetched from that perspective. Now let me repeat, I do believe in evolution, but I don't see how anyone that believes that the big bang, or the original proto-humans were formed by God neccesarily are hypocrites.
                    It's beyond the capability of our minds to prove or disprove. I also believe there are no conflicts between God and science aside from evolutionists who are using it for their agenda. If someone is politically trying to convince me to forget something that my ancestors swore by, I'll take the word of my ancestors.
                    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      No thanks man i already have a windinstrument attached to me and i prefer to have women play with it.
                      Then I'd be careful if I were you if you're ever in Brazil

Comment

Working...
                      X