Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Let's come up with a television show title!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's come up with a television show title!

If you're reading this, it's probably because you're bored. So, instead of skipping over to the Ankap thread and posting random pictures (I'm looking at you, freakyfreaky), let's put our creativity into a fun, little project.

I love coming up with titles (novels, films, television shows, songs) and I need help on one for a television show. It's about a group of adolescents (like us!) who are living and coping in Los Angeles. They work, go to school, party, hang out, and try to make it in this city.

In my opinion, City Lights is the best possible title for such a show. It's amazing; it embodies the essence that they live in a big city surrounded by "lights." Unfortunately, City Lights is the name of a Charlie Chaplin film, and I don't want to steal his idea.

This is what I came up with, and want to hear some of your ideas. If nobody contributes, I'll ban you all. I don't believe you guys are that busy, so stop acting like a bunch of losers, and let's all collaborate.

Jewel City - This is my favorite thus far because it's the nickname of Glendale, California. I am thinking that would be a great place to set the show, considering it's where I'm from and I know the ins and outs of the city. In a sense, it's just as good as City Lights (for me) because it embodies the same essence. Unfortunately, the title feels limited to Glendale.

Dream Life - This is horrible, but at least it gives you an idea of what I'm looking for. It's a show about a bunch of kids searching for the dream life. That, however, should not be its title. Oh, and it also sounds like a Disney channel show.

City Dreams - Well, since I can't have City Lights, why not have City Dreams? It feels a little ehhhhh.

Broadway - It's a vague title but that's not a bad thing -- (Entourage, Friends). It's also the name of a popular street in Glendale.

Blue Town - This is probably the most "title-like" one out of them all. It sounds a little like a primetime television show though, or something that involves cops or investigators. Blue Town sums up the characters -- they're blue, living in a town... if that makes sense.

By the way, you can't give your opinion on my titles unless you provide something equal or better.

Re: Let's come up with a television show title!

Hmm teenagers in L.A.= Lost Angels
    I am rather bussy actually but thats what i came up with for now.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

LA shore!

Comment

i like your ideas, one-way. here are some of mine (lezoo in cheek):

Beverly Hills: 90210 (but said "nine, zero, two, one, zero")
        Sex in the Other City
        Sunset Trip
        Gossip Armos
        Living L.A. Vida Loca
        Hollllllyvoooood (but said like old-school Armenian Teletime)

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
          If you're reading this, it's probably because you're bored. So, instead of skipping over to the Ankap thread and posting random pictures (I'm looking at you, freakyfreaky), let's put our creativity into a fun, little project.

I love coming up with titles (novels, films, television shows, songs) and I need help on one for a television show. It's about a group of adolescents (like us!) who are living and coping in Los Angeles. They work, go to school, party, hang out, and try to make it in this city.

In my opinion, City Lights is the best possible title for such a show. It's amazing; it embodies the essence that they live in a big city surrounded by "lights." Unfortunately, City Lights is the name of a Charlie Chaplin film, and I don't want to steal his idea.

This is what I came up with, and want to hear some of your ideas. If nobody contributes, I'll ban you all. I don't believe you guys are that busy, so stop acting like a bunch of losers, and let's all collaborate.

Jewel City - This is my favorite thus far because it's the nickname of Glendale, California. I am thinking that would be a great place to set the show, considering it's where I'm from and I know the ins and outs of the city. In a sense, it's just as good as City Lights (for me) because it embodies the same essence. Unfortunately, the title feels limited to Glendale.

Dream Life - This is horrible, but at least it gives you an idea of what I'm looking for. It's a show about a bunch of kids searching for the dream life. That, however, should not be its title. Oh, and it also sounds like a Disney channel show.

City Dreams - Well, since I can't have City Lights, why not have City Dreams? It feels a little ehhhhh.

Broadway - It's a vague title but that's not a bad thing -- (Entourage, Friends). It's also the name of a popular street in Glendale.

Blue Town - This is probably the most "title-like" one out of them all. It sounds a little like a primetime television show though, or something that involves cops or investigators. Blue Town sums up the characters -- they're blue, living in a town... if that makes sense.

By the way, you can't give your opinion on my titles unless you provide something equal or better.
          Can you be a little more original puhleeze.

"Bright Lights, Big City"
          "St. Elmo's Fire"

You need to stop watching TV and drinking pepsi, its killing your brain.

My choice, "Under the Bridge"
          Between childhood, boyhood,
          adolescence
          & manhood (maturity) there
          should be sharp lines drawn w/
          Tests, deaths, feats, rites
          stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Arantz Soorj - Start each story with a shot of coffee being made, or served. Would be interesting to foreign viewers how Soorj is made. Also would get audience in thought of how each character might use their energy to get by, how some might use it to reach their potential, and some that are living day by day, bare minimum, no future. Would give the show a sort if center.

Comment

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
              Can you be a little more original puhleeze.

"Bright Lights, Big City"
              "St. Elmo's Fire"

You need to stop watching TV and drinking pepsi, its killing your brain.

My choice, "Under the Bridge"
              Shut the hell up. If you're going to contribute, be helpful. Please, don't tell me to be original as you give me stupid titles that sound like they were picked up from the garbage truck. In general, please get lost and do us all a favor.

Comment

Working...
              X