Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian lesbians/gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
    Well, then, y'all have a blast in that wonderfully backward Armenistan of yours. I'll be raising my kids to be citizens of the world and staying far away from chauvinists who are too afraid to seek meaning outside of their own little world.
    Right and the radical feminism/multi-cultural ideals are so forward thinking. I guess that's why presidents in europe have said how multiculturalism has utterly failed. Sorry but "citizens of the world" is a laughable term...
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

The Armenian Church has always followed the money and the political power. It has far less to do with religion than with politics. I feel no duty to strengthen or participate in any nation that is based upon chauvinism and oppression. Also, an intact nation or identity is a myth. It is a wish. It is no more than present day anxiety projected onto the past. I really don't know many Armenians who would be willing to sign on to an agenda that takes away some basic individual rights and privileges. Part of what has gone wrong with Armenian identity is that it has been presented to us as a set of obligations. But the feeling of being obligated only goes so far and then stops to be compelling enough to make sacrifices.

Comment

Mos, you should stop reading neo-Nazi papers and blogs and start getting your information from more reputable sources. I'm surprised you haven't started up with the antisemitism yet. Isn't that also part of this agenda?

Comment

The Armenian Church has always followed the money and the political power. It has far less to do with religion than with politics. I feel no duty to strengthen or participate in any nation that is based upon chauvinism and oppression. Also, an intact nation or identity is a myth. It is a wish. It is no more than present day anxiety projected onto the past. I really don't know many Armenians who would be willing to sign on to an agenda that takes away some basic individual rights and privileges. Part of what has gone wrong with Armenian identity is that it has been presented to us as a set of obligations. But the feeling of being obligated only goes so far and then stops to be compelling enough to make sacrifices.
          So Armenia nation is based on chauvinism and oppression? You sound like a Turk. If an intact identity was a myth, we'd all be speaking Turkish praying to Mecca. And, there's no agenda of taking away individual rights, that's preposterous. In being Armenian and considering yourself as part of Armenian nation, you have a natural obligation to do what's best to strengthen the Armenian nation. We are not a nation of 50 million but a nation of under 10 million. So this obligation just becomes more important.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Mos, you should stop reading neo-Nazi papers and blogs and start getting your information from more reputable sources. I'm surprised you haven't started up with the antisemitism yet. Isn't that also part of this agenda?
            I really don't appreciate the name calling. And calling me a Nazi is rather offensive to me given the sacrifices my relatives had to give in fighting the actual Nazis. What I'm saying has nothing to with Nazism, it's just a form of character assassination when you're out of substance.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---

Comment

I would love to see the full transcripts of the statements by the European statesmen who have said multiculturalism has failed, in their original languages where possible. Folks with narrow agendas are famous for taking parts of statements out of context and presenting them as truth.

Comment

You do plenty to assassinate your own character. You don't need my help.

Comment

I feel no obligation to express my national identity according to your definitions.

Comment

You don't get to define my national identity. You don't get to dominate the discourse on the Armenian character. It's really that simple. As soon as someone starts saying their way or their interpretation is the only way, I feel compelled to reject it.

Comment

• Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

French President Nicolas Sarkozy declared multiculturalism a failed concept and called for a renewed focus on France's "identity" when he appeared on TV Thursday evening to answer questions from French citizens.
                      "This [multicultural] approach has failed, utterly failed," Merkel told the meeting in Potsdam, west of Berlin, yesterday.
                      David Cameron has criticised "state multiculturalism" in his first speech as prime minister on radicalisation and the causes of terrorism.
                      ----

multi-culturalism, radical feminism, ultra-liberal ideas of the West are not and never have been part of Armenian identity, nation, or society.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X