Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian lesbians/gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
    Oh, I'm not questioning the importance of fossil fuel politics in the world. I was talking about what preceded that, not long after Marco Polo returned from the East. The opium trade pre-dates the issue of fossil fuel pipelines by several centuries. And, if you read closely, I am not condoning what the West did to screw up the world, and that it is now dealing with the mess it made.
    Marco Polo was just an advanced version of Dora the Explorer. Just a bunch of made up stories.... I'm pretty sure many scholars don't believe he ever went to China.... and if they do... I don't know what to say.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      My only loss is seeing so called Armenians support trash like Kardashian while calling real Armenians backwards Taliban people.
      I didn't realize that Armenians came only in two varieties, "real" ones and those who support Kardashians. What is a "real" Armenian anyway?

Comment

Marco Polo was just an advanced version of Dora the Explorer. Just a bunch of made up stories.... I'm pretty sure many scholars don't believe he ever went to China.... and if they do... I don't know what to say.
        The point was that opium predated fossil fuels by many centuries. You chose to focus on my mention of Marco Polo.

Try telling some of your nationalist brethren that the History of Movses Xorenac'i was a late forgery (maybe 10th century). How is it that we can think critically about other people's historical sources but not our own?

Comment

Try telling some of your nationalist brethren that the History of Movses Xorenac'i was a late forgery (maybe 10th century). How is it that we can think critically about other people's historical sources but not our own?
          Because that's the way politics works? The American media doesn't make up crap to convince themselves, they make it up to convince their enemies.
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Because that's the way politics works? The American media doesn't make up crap to convince themselves, they make it up to convince their enemies.
            The American media is pretty diverse. Which sources are you referring to? Fox news is very different from NPR.

Also, Armenians seem to be experts at convincing themselves.

Comment

The media in the US is extremely biased compared to how it used to be. Fox News is perhaps the most evident example, but NBC is biased to the left, and CNN has deteriorated into pundits' commentary and fluff stories.

To say nothing of journalism; Newsweek's most recent cover featured a haloed Obama with it and the title 'America's First Gay President'. Disgraceful.

NPR is good, and so is BBC.

Other than that, the mainstream media is worth jack xxxx on most issues; it sold out to sensationalism. You either have to leave your opinions unformed due to a lack of real information, or dig hard and deep to reach any semblance of truth and objectivity.

The root of that: people don't actually care about the news. The news is just another entertainment outlet, and a vessel for those who have lobbying power and wealth to make their message heard.

I wish I could say the government controlled the media, but something much worse controls it: apathy on the part of those who watch and greed on the part of those who show. People are out to fool themselves and fail to realize they're even doing so. Ask any man whether he wants to know the truth, he'll say 'of course', and he'll believe it as he lies to himself.
              Last edited by ADandelion; 05-26-2012, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Oh, I'm not questioning the importance of fossil fuel politics in the world. I was talking about what preceded that, not long after Marco Polo returned from the East. The opium trade pre-dates the issue of fossil fuel pipelines by several centuries. And, if you read closely, I am not condoning what the West did to screw up the world, and that it is now dealing with the mess it made.

And, when I was suggesting someone "cut their losses", I was speaking to you specifically. You need to cut your losses, grieve, and get on with it. Otherwise, you are just another bitter Armenian guy blaming all of his misfortune and frustration on everyone else but himself.

Mos, I'm not against the idea of a strong Iran. You should know that I resent the way the Republicans have effed up the world.

Have a listen to this: http://www.npr.org/2012/05/02/151842...he-world-stage
                Well both Republicans and Democrats are rather alike. Maybe Republicans are notch higher up in Israeli's arse, but both are lodged in pretty high up. The State Department of the US is also controlled by neo-cons and heavily pro-Turkish. Iran is a very useful ally for Armenia. They are very strong regional player, have gas and oil, and are heavily anti-Azerbaijan. Along with Russia, we surround Azerbaijan. And Azerbaijan is actually scared of Russia, evident with wikileaks. Russia warned Azerbaijan during Georgia War not to try what Saakashvili did, or else consequences would be bad.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

The American media is pretty diverse. Which sources are you referring to? Fox news is very different from NPR.

I read news sources ranging from PressTV (iranian state news) to Azeri news coming from Aliyev mouthpiece to Russia Today to tert.am. Gives you the full perspective
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

NPR is good at providing facts but not insight. They ask the right questions but the person interviewed is usually biased. NPR's programs aside from news leans to the liberal point of view and seems to be pro Israeli. Fox and CNN are both extremist but opposite views. Makes you want to reach through the screen and slap the "journalists" around. BBC is ok as long as it's not news pertaining to UK's interests. I'm with Mos... Russia Today and Press TV have some diverse programs with interesting analysis. When you watch different news outlets give their point of view on the same subject, it helps you form a better opinion based on each point of view's bias.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	wrestlers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	538844
                      Originally posted by Mos View Post
                      Well both Republicans and Democrats are rather alike. Maybe Republicans are notch higher up in Israeli's arse, but both are lodged in pretty high up. The State Department of the US is also controlled by neo-cons and heavily pro-Turkish. Iran is a very useful ally for Armenia. They are very strong regional player, have gas and oil, and are heavily anti-Azerbaijan. Along with Russia, we surround Azerbaijan. And Azerbaijan is actually scared of Russia, evident with wikileaks. Russia warned Azerbaijan during Georgia War not to try what Saakashvili did, or else consequences would be bad.
                      Damn it , can't get image in open view...................IT fail.
                      Last edited by hrai; 05-27-2012, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X