Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian lesbians/gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    My suggestion is don't waste your time with Americanized women. They aren't even worth 5% of the effort. It's like going fishing with a tackle box full of fancy lures and bait expecting to feed the village then putting your rod in a lake full of crappie. Save your money, travel, invest in yourself and most importantly.... don't fall prey to the chase.
    My suggestion for Americanized women is best of luck. If you're training men/women to be dogs, don't expect them to turn out to be men.
    Great conclusion Kanadahaye!
    It covers/answers all this thread posts!

Don't waste your time; they are trying to convince you to accept their vision of unnatural men/women, women/women, men/men etc. relationships.

ArmSurvival; you can't teach/change them, unless you are a great doctor of philosophy.
    Last edited by gegev; 06-04-2012, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Seems to me this thread is going a bit off topic but it is dealing with important issues. I agree that many young armenian women are ill prepared for dealing with the opposite sex because of the lack of education from their parants in dealing with such matters. You also have to keep in mind that many of the parents in question probably are almost as clueless as the young girls they are raising regarding this issue thus they probably couldnt do much even if they wanted to. I also agree with the coment made earlier regarding materialistic tendencies among many armenian young women when looking for a spouce. Living under challanging economic conditions over generations may have something to do with the materialistic nature of many women. When i was single the level of materialism that was displayed by young armenian american girls sickened me and i am sure it has only gotten worst since those days. All of these issues are important and i am glad they are being discussed. Materialism is praised in american capitalist society so one should not be surprized when it is encountered but to soviet era armenians it is relatively new thus it is raw in practice. Unfotunately due to the collapse of the soviet union and the spread of globalization materialism is being spread to every corner of the globe including my beloved Armenia. Armenian boys and girls have big challanges when it comes to dealing with eachother and we as a people need to help them overcome such challanges so they can live happy and fulfilling lives with armenian spouces.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Like Haykakan said, back to the topic, lil I know I already gave you my input. I don't think you should fear your parents, I mean...what's the worst that's going to happen. Dissapointed for a couple of days. I'll say it again if they truly love you like I know they do they will accept your decision. Just talk to them & be honest.
        Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
          Then you should know what I’m saying is generally true. The guy who acts nice to the girl usually gets shot down ...
          With odar girls I don’t hold back on treating them like crap ...
          I’ve played nice with these Armenian girls ...
          But somehow when I treat odar girls like crap ...
          I am by no means an expert here but it seems to me you are still trying to discover yourself. You seem to be going back and forth in trying to decide who you are. You shouldn't have to "act" a certain way or treat the other a certain way based on the circumstances. You are either a respectful, intelligent, trustworthy, caring and loving person or you are not. You can act a certain way all you want but eventually you are going to have to be yourself (I am not talking about one-night stands as I don't think anyone here will argue they are a good thing .. so if you just want to pretend to be someone for 24 hours, yah whatever, it doesn't really matter).

But you shouldn't have to be thinking about whether you should act nice or not nice or what Once you are sure of yourself, you have the confidence to know what and who you are how you want to be treated in return, then many things fall in place. Women tend to respond much much more strongly to a guy with a well established personality than someone who is trying to be fake, insecure, unsure, or just a flake.

I think it is a myth that women are drawn to those who treat them badly. They are drawn to those who can take charge and take control in many situations, ESPECIALLY if they will respect her and try to accommodate her and her well being while doing so! I don't believe for a second that the "nice guy" doesn't get anywhere but we might have different definition of "nice guy". You might be referring to the push-over type of nice guy that gives into everyone else's wishes and can't make up his own mind. I think of the respectful but strong-willed nice guy who knows what is right and wrong and isn't affraid to take a stance.

Also after all that is said an done though, probably the one quality that is universal among what all women rank highly is "sense of humor". If you are just miserable all the time, no one will want to be around you. But if you light up a room whenever you are around, I will be very surprised if you don't get hoards of women oogling and drooling all over you
          this post = teh win.

Comment

Sip, agreed! It takes a long time and a lot of trial and error to figure out exactly what it is you are looking for in a life partner. It's trial and error. And with each person you date, you learn something else about yourself...what you want, what you don't want, what turns you on, what turns you off. By the time you meet "the one", you are such an expert that you know within the first 10 minutes if the person is going to be a good fit or not. It's no different from looking for a house to buy. If it's what you're going to live with for the rest of your life, then you should be experienced.

Psychological research has shown that a final process of maturation starts at age 30. So, it's not just that the "party girls" are hearing the clock tick and getting desperate to settle down. It's also that their brains are becoming more fully formed. Same with men. It isn't until the 30's that people can truly take perspective and treat others with respect and empathy. It is of no use, really, to even begin looking for a spouse until one is at least 30 years old. The great thing is that if a woman is healthy and aware of her fertility, there is no reason why she shouldn't conceive and have healthy children in her mid or late 30's. This idea that women decline after 30 is a myth, and it is, moreover, utilized by certain segments of society to make women vulnerable to social scrutiny and judgment. I had my first child at the age of 38, and my second at 40, without any difficulty or complication. Both were conceived without medical intervention, and both were full-term, healthy weights, no perinatal issues whatsoever. I have no lack of energy or enthusiasm as a mother. Also, I'm a lot more patient than a lot of younger moms I know. I know my children are a blessing and I don't take any of it for granted.

So, I guess I'm saying, what is the big effing rush among people in their teens and twenties to find a spouse?

Comment

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
              Psychological research has shown that a final process of maturation starts at age 30. So, it's not just that the "party girls" are hearing the clock tick and getting desperate to settle down. It's also that their brains are becoming more fully formed.
              My 4 yr old niece is more mature than girls in their 30s Perhaps a combination of the alcohol and getting their brains screwed sets them back in years

Originally posted by Sip View Post
              I am by no means an expert here but it seems to me you are still trying to discover yourself. You seem to be going back and forth in trying to decide who you are. You shouldn't have to "act" a certain way or treat the other a certain way based on the circumstances. You are either a respectful, intelligent, trustworthy, caring and loving person or you are not. You can act a certain way all you want but eventually you are going to have to be yourself (I am not talking about one-night stands as I don't think anyone here will argue they are a good thing .. so if you just want to pretend to be someone for 24 hours, yah whatever, it doesn't really matter).
              I think what he means is, if he let's his intelligence shine, he gets no interest so he has to dumb himself down so women show interest in him. Been there, done that. Westernized women fear intelligence. They want someone they can manipulate.
              Last edited by KanadaHye; 06-04-2012, 05:12 PM.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I think what he means is, if he let's his intelligence shine, he gets no interest so he has to dumb himself down so women show interest in him. Been there, done that. Westernized women fear intelligence. They want someone they can manipulate.
                I think you need to stop lumping all "Westernized" women into the same category. I actually could not tolerate to be with a man who is not at least my equal in intelligence, and more important, a man who doesn't apply critical thinking in all areas of life. The mind is, in my opinion, and in the opinion of my Westernized women friends, the sexiest part of a man. The other thing that women find attractive and even sexy is that a man have a passion for something outside of going to work and partying with his friends. E.g. I dated a man who was taking up sign language. Another was into developing his own varieties of orchids. Another played the cello. Another tinkered with old cars. You get my point, I'm sure. If you want more, then BE more.

My husband, a physician, has a passion for jazz and for science fiction literature. He is well-read, cultured, and above all, very kind and humble.

In my day, I also dated lots of guys who were attractive, high earning potential, but who seemed shallow, who had little to talk about beyond their financial and material goals. One guy couldn't stop bragging about how he bought his sister a Mercedes when she graduated college, and how he had an Italian silk tuxedo hand made for himself, as if I could give a crap! He also said he would have dresses hand-made for me, but that I'd have to slim down to a size 2. He did not get another chance.

At the end of the day, you attract to yourself people who are like you. The mates you choose are reflections of you. The more you bring to the table, the more you will get in return. Eventually, treating a woman like crap isn't going to get you the quality of individual you want as a life partner.

Comment

That's interesting because I have typically had the opposite experience. I sometimes have to dumb myself down because I get so much attention from the ladies (ok ok joking on that last part).

But seriously, I have yet to meet a woman in real life that is turned off by intelligence. Sometimes others are intimidated by intelligence but that just has to do with how you interact with them. If you put them down or make them feel inferior, yah they won't like you much. But if you are able to make them see something amazing through your own eyes, again I will find it difficult to believe they won't somehow gravitate towards you.

As far as them wanting "someone to manipulate", if you are really smart you will make them think they are manipulating you all the time where in reality, you are doing the exact opposite For example, one of the best tricks in a teacher's bag of tools is to let the student try to teach the teacher by asking the student just the right kinds of questions to make them think in the right ways. But yah that is kind of a personality trait that not everyone will have and in those cases, I would agree that one should try to steer clear of the manipulators.
                  this post = teh win.

Comment

Is this the lesbians/gays thread???
                    I can't believe! It's the same as discussing Christian values in the jail, by criminals.
                    Last edited by gegev; 06-04-2012, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
                      Is this the lesbians/gays thread???
                      Lol I think that was the first half of page 1.
                      this post = teh win.

Comment

Working...
                      X