Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian lesbians/gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

No one ever stays on topic of these thread titles
    Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

• Re: Armenian Eunichs/Hermaphrodites

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
      No one ever stays on topic of these thread titles
      This is the general talk section. It's like Ankap except we explore the topic at hand from all angles.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
        E.g. I dated a man who was taking up sign language. Another was into developing his own varieties of orchids. Another played the cello. Another tinkered with old cars. You get my point, I'm sure. If you want more, then BE more.
        Wow, how did you ever let THOSE ones go?

Hmm... what does a man have to be to get a woman with the nurturing ability of Mother Teresa, the figure of Selma Hayek, spunk of Marisa Tomei and the stature of Pipa Middleton?

You see... no matter what a man IS, he will never be in the circles of the type of women he wants because western society breeds a bunch of uncultured simpletons.

All the regular guy has to be is sober and employed and he outclasses 75% of single guys out there.

However, those guys (who either live with other male friends or parents) have way more time to screw around with women. The guy with a career and hobbies doesn't have the time for the chase and excitement girls look for when they are "not yet mature". So what you are implying is that all guys are immature until their 30s but in reality, you don't see those guys out in the real world because they are in the types of careers that take up a lot of focus and time.

You might claim that there are women who also have little time due to their careers but lets face it, if a woman wants a man, all she has to do is wink and nod and she'll have 20 around her.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
          Wow, how did you ever let THOSE ones go?

Hmm... what does a man have to be to get a woman with the nurturing ability of Mother Teresa, the figure of Selma Hayek, spunk of Marisa Tomei and the stature of Pipa Middleton?

You see... no matter what a man IS, he will never be in the circles of the type of women he wants because western society breeds a bunch of uncultured simpletons.

All the regular guy has to be is sober and employed and he outclasses 75% of single guys out there.

However, those guys (who either live with other male friends or parents) have way more time to screw around with women. The guy with a career and hobbies doesn't have the time for the chase and excitement girls look for when they are "not yet mature". So what you are implying is that all guys are immature until their 30s but in reality, you don't see those guys out in the real world because they are in the types of careers that take up a lot of focus and time.

You might claim that there are women who also have little time due to their careers but lets face it, if a woman wants a man, all she has to do is wink and nod and she'll have 20 around her.
          It is so interesting to me that every attempt I have made to show that it's really not that grim a situation has been shot down. The catch is that I keep pushing the idea that to have more you have to offer more.

How did I let those guys go? Well, in one's 20s and 30s there is a lot of movement and change. Most of those guys I mentioned were in the same university environment I was in, so there were also time limits.

The kind of women you are describing (compassionate, smart, spunky) are probably not hanging out at bars and agoomps.

The other mistake that I think people make is that they spend their time with the same group of people doing the same things all the time. And then they are bitter that someone new or different isn't crossing their path. Sometimes you have to put yourself into novel situations, go outside your own comfort zone. Clearly, what you've been doing so far hasn't panned out.

Also, the reason why younger women go after men who aren't available (for whatever reason), and who put on airs is because they, themselves are not ready to be in permanent relationships, so they choose people they will dump or who will eventually dump them.

Comment

Regarding the evolution of this thread, I think it has to do with the fact that somehow all roads lead to the same place, and that is the fundamental paradoxes of being human. We all want connection and intimacy, but don't know how to make that happen. The world our parents grew up in is no longer. They didn't prepare us well for the challenges that we were going to face. So, in many ways, second and third generation Armenians living in the west have to chart their own path given a set of circumstances that are very different from what they may have been raised to expect. Sometimes what you think will make you happy isn't really the right thing for you. People who navigate the dating and relationship scene better seem to have more flexibility in their expectations.

Comment

BTW, the correct spelling is Eunuch, not Eunich.

Comment

It is so interesting to me that every attempt I have made to show that it's really not that grim a situation has been shot down. The catch is that I keep pushing the idea that to have more you have to offer more.
                Show me more and I'll offer more. I'm not going to pay a lifetime of blood, sweat and tears for a lazy, used up incubator that will just sit there depressed and xxxxxy the whole time because I'm the one that made her fat while a bunch of others got the best of her. Sorry, homey don't play that.

I know you are saying that it's not that grim a situation but the fact of the matter is that IT IS THAT GRIM a situation. Sure there are some girls that fall through the cracks and have made wise decisions but they are in the minority and will probably remain at home because they've passed the age of courting and they can't find a decent guy either because most guys have become professional liars. Perhaps they can "love the way they lie" like Rhianna

BTW, I have found my better half but she's an import Never buy domestic, you pay way too much for something defective.

Comment

• Re: Armenian Eunuchs/Hermaphrodites

BTW, the correct spelling is Eunuch, not Eunich.
                  Noted. Thank you for the correction.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post

BTW, I have found my better half but she's an import Never buy domestic, you pay way too much for something defective.
                    Best of luck with your import. Here's hoping the parts don't cost you your life's savings when things start falling apart. And I'm sure she relishes the fact that you're comparing "finding" her to buying a car...

Just hope she isn't biding her time for something "better", or for a way of getting the rest of her family to this side of the puddle. That's when things fell apart for my uncle and his import. She realized that life in America isn't the same as life in the Middle East, that people don't really give a crap about your material achievements. At least that's true for the people I associate with.

The more you write, the more I feel like you just fell in with a bunch of really common people, you took on their common ways, and then were disappointed that you were not meeting anyone that's not common.

And, by the way, if you see everything as a material transaction (show me more and I'll offer more? wtf?), then your connections become adversarial. What ever happened to mutuality?

Comment

• Re: Armenian Eunuchs/Hermaphrodites

Here's another story for you. When I was in my early 30's, I made friends with a young Armenian man who had just come from Turkey. He was a nice person with a lot of potential, but who was frustrated at not meeting appropriate women. So, I took him under my wing, and I taught him. I gave him advice very directly, told him exactly what to do and what not to do. I even corrected his table manners, his grooming, coached him on how to approach women, how to interact, and even issues pertaining to sex and intimacy. We talked through what he did and didn't want. Now, many years later, he is married to an awesome Armenian-American woman who has a PhD and teaches literature. They have two lovely kids, and an interesting life together. He earns a decent living, but isn't wealthy.

He very easily could have gone down the path of frustration, paranoia, and bitterness. But he was smart, and he got lucky. To this day, he thanks me for having helped him adjust.

That's just one story. I've helped others, too. The point I'm making is, where are the mothers and aunts and older sisters? Why aren't they helping the young Armenian men figure out what will make their lives worthwhile?

Comment

Working...
                      X