Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Bering sea & Polar bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bering sea & Polar bears

Im out on an island in the bearing sea. It's about 4/5 miles off the arctic coast close to Canadian border. There is one other island further out to sea and then nothing till the polar ice cap (what remains) except ocean.
    The small native settlement (Inupic)(Iskimo) has just killed a Whale & surprisingly soon there are approx. 70 polar bears at the whale carcass. Also 3 Grizzly bears swim from the north slope shore to the island. One of the grizzlies is huge. Also a number of the polar bears are huge. All the bears were very large but some were true stand outs insofar as size.
    It is a common place for the polar bears to congregate while waiting for the bearing sea to freeze solid so they can start wandering the polar ice cap & frozen sea.
    Fights break out periodically between polar bears but no real harm is done. A fight broke out between one of the polar bears and one of the grizzlies also. Fortunately it ended without death. The polar bears seem to have larger canine teeth than the grizzlies but the grizzlies had much longer claws than the polar bears. The polar bear ended up with long gash marks on its side from the fight with the grizzly. Sad.
    The natives killed 7 polar bears while I was there. It's against the law to kill the polar bears except if threaten or they will not leave certain settlement areas after being prodded to leave.
    I went to work at 10am & got off at 2am the next morning. As I lay down sleeping I heard a ruckus outside my window, so I pulled up the blinds to see what was happening. A cub (1/2 yrs old) large mom & an even larger dad are approx. 45ft from my window. Two pickup trucks (new) are close to the 3 bears and are revving their engines trying to get polar bears to leave the area. One truck had a native resident & and other had the sole state trooper. Revving the engines of these new relatively quiet trucks meant nothe to the 3 bears. The state trooper, who is an honest 6'5" gets out of his truck with a shotgun. The shotgun seemed small to me but it may be because the trooper was a large man. So the trooper shoots several rounds on either side of the bears but the bears are completely oblivious to this and undonted.
    Mom & pop are killed and baby wonders off.
    Man I was so pissed off I had trouble containing myself but didn't want to get fired. I tried to tell them they need to saw off the end off the shot gun barrel so that the bears could visually sea the flames comming from the gun and maybe associate that with danger but nobody wants to hear from me (mr. nobody).
    I felt the effort to protect the bears was sorrowfully inadequate & heartbreaking.
    Artashes

Re: Bering sea & Polar bears

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
    Im out on an island in the bearing sea. It's about 4/5 miles off the arctic coast close to Canadian border. There is one other island further out to sea and then nothing till the polar ice cap (what remains) except ocean.
    The small native settlement (Inupic)(Iskimo) has just killed a Whale & surprisingly soon there are approx. 70 polar bears at the whale carcass. Also 3 Grizzly bears swim from the north slope shore to the island. One of the grizzlies is huge. Also a number of the polar bears are huge. All the bears were very large but some were true stand outs insofar as size.
    It is a common place for the polar bears to congregate while waiting for the bearing sea to freeze solid so they can start wandering the polar ice cap & frozen sea.
    Fights break out periodically between polar bears but no real harm is done. A fight broke out between one of the polar bears and one of the grizzlies also. Fortunately it ended without death. The polar bears seem to have larger canine teeth than the grizzlies but the grizzlies had much longer claws than the polar bears. The polar bear ended up with long gash marks on its side from the fight with the grizzly. Sad.
    The natives killed 7 polar bears while I was there. It's against the law to kill the polar bears except if threaten or they will not leave certain settlement areas after being prodded to leave.
    I went to work at 10am & got off at 2am the next morning. As I lay down sleeping I heard a ruckus outside my window, so I pulled up the blinds to see what was happening. A cub (1/2 yrs old) large mom & an even larger dad are approx. 45ft from my window. Two pickup trucks (new) are close to the 3 bears and are revving their engines trying to get polar bears to leave the area. One truck had a native resident & and other had the sole state trooper. Revving the engines of these new relatively quiet trucks meant nothe to the 3 bears. The state trooper, who is an honest 6'5" gets out of his truck with a shotgun. The shotgun seemed small to me but it may be because the trooper was a large man. So the trooper shoots several rounds on either side of the bears but the bears are completely oblivious to this and undonted.
    Mom & pop are killed and baby wonders off.
    Man I was so pissed off I had trouble containing myself but didn't want to get fired. I tried to tell them they need to saw off the end off the shot gun barrel so that the bears could visually sea the flames comming from the gun and maybe associate that with danger but nobody wants to hear from me (mr. nobody).
    I felt the effort to protect the bears was sorrowfully inadequate & heartbreaking.
    Artashes
    Also I saw a Grizz-Pol. All white body with a brown face. The face was broad like a grizzly.
    My opinion is the polar bears are on the way to extinction.
    Bravo mankind bravo.

Comment

Completly screwed up. I meant to say the Beaufort sea & not the Bering sea.
      I dont suppose there is any way to change the title.
      Sorry for writing Bering sea when I meant Beaufort sea.
      Artashes

Comment

One of my favorite animals is the polar bear and this is a sad story. I cant believe people are so reckless. Btw i doubt that male bear was the father-polar bears do not do any fathering and will kill cubs if given the chance. I have heard of the grizz-pol crossbreed and scientists believe its a byproduct of global warming which is forcing grizzlies and polar bears into the same habitat.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
        X