Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Dieting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dieting

Hi all, quick question
    recently I have put on some weight which I am not proud of, is there a list of things I can eat for break feast, lunch & dinner + exercise

I don't want to do an of that slim fast or those shakes

Please respond only if your willing to help
    Positive vibes, positive taught

Re: Dieting

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
    Hi all, quick question
    recently I have put on some weight which I am not proud of, is there a list of things I can eat for break feast, lunch & dinner + exercise

After being involved in various sports for most of my life, I finally started going to the gym consistently (avg 4X/week) 8 months ago, and along with this I had to learn some things about dieting:

The most important factor when it comes to loosing weight is calculating your daily calorie intake needs to maintain your current weight, and finding a target below to hit every day to reach your weight loss. (This also applies to anyone attempting to gain weight in body building) Naturally you would have to adjust this target as you lose more weight and your daily calorie intake need to maintain your weight decreases. An important thing to remember is to not go more than 1000 calories below your daily need. These type of starvation diets are dangerous, bound to fail, not to mention painful.

An easy way to calculate your daily need is here:

Also,when it comes to food, everything breaksdown to three basic parts: Fats, Carbs, and Proteins. Its not so much what you eat, or the types of foods you eat, but rather (1) the ratio you eat it in. Its important to keep away from high carb/low protein food items. This is an easy judgement of how many calories are in something. Beyond the obvious junk foods, it would mean avoiding white rice, cereal, bread (especially white/low fiber bread), baked goods, and pasta. It also means its perfectly fine to eat something unhealthy every single day if at the end of the day you haven't violated your daily targets.

You can easily get the nutritional breakdown of just about anything with a simple google search

Hopefully that was helpful and gets you started

Here's probably the best source online for any and all question

you don't have to sign up and join to ask
    you can search for a question and chances are someone asked the same exact thing before
    Last edited by Mher; 02-10-2014, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Mher's post is excellent suggestion IMO.
      Like Mher said, I had to do.
      1st, I had to learn how many calories were in what I was eating. At first, I carried around a list that told me how many calories in a potatoe, and a half potatoe etc. after awhile, I could look at a plate of food and easily calculate without cheat sheet. I found out the right amount was approximately the size of the palm of my hand (for me at that time).
      When I joined the gym, I started out slow. Except for small of my back exercise, all weights were very light, in the 5, 10, or 15lbs range. And I only did one set of between 8 and 12 repetitions for each muscle group,+ I did upper body one day and lower body the next. I did stretching exercises of opposite muscles between each set. The whole resistance workout hardly lasted more than 10 or 15 minutes.
      The cardio, I started with one minute per day and added one more minute every 10 days and I used the lowest setting on the stair climber.
      Did this for first 6 months.
      Felt dramatically better after only 25 days.
      In the beginning, believe it or not, the goal is not to get in shape. But rather to develope a new habit pattern.
      You are not going to get in shape the first days, weeks, or months. You shouldn't even try.
      Even by using very light weights and few repetitions, the indorphines will be released and in 20 to 30 days, you will actually start looking forward to your workouts. ESPECIALLY if you keep your workouts light & short.
      After about 6 months, when your body has gradually toned up, then you will find that it is pleasurable to increase both weights & cardio time & tempo + you won't suffer burnout.
      Too many times I have seen pro trainers start people out with full routines. I completely disagree.
      In and out in about 10 or 15 minutes and don't worry. You will be surprised how fast you feel palpably better.
      Also, when you do stretching exercised, hold to the count of 60. Not like the pros tell you of only a few seconds. And don't stretch till it hurts, but rather till you feel the tightness, then keep it there for remainder of 60 count.
      Again you will be surprised how fast you become significantly more limber.
      After the first year of exercising Pepsi, I was doing a quick 20 miles on my mountain bike (10 out & 10 back) every morning + an hour + in the gym. But I started out slow as I mentioned above and -- REALLY -- enjoyed my workouts + felt tireless all throughout the day.
      An added benefit was I slept like a rock.
      Go easy and don't buy into that get in shape fast nonsense.
      No hurries, it's your Heath that's important & that's at stake.
      Develope the new lifestyle habit FIRST and the rest will follow.
      The first step is to recognize you need to change your lifestyle.
      You've done that. Good for you brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
        Mher's post is excellent suggestion IMO.
        Like Mher said, I had to do.
        1st, I had to learn how many calories were in what I was eating. At first, I carried around a list that told me how many calories in a potatoe, and a half potatoe etc. after awhile, I could look at a plate of food and easily calculate without cheat sheet. I found out the right amount was approximately the size of the palm of my hand (for me at that time).
        When I joined the gym, I started out slow. Except for small of my back exercise, all weights were very light, in the 5, 10, or 15lbs range. And I only did one set of between 8 and 12 repetitions for each muscle group,+ I did upper body one day and lower body the next. I did stretching exercises of opposite muscles between each set. The whole resistance workout hardly lasted more than 10 or 15 minutes.
        The cardio, I started with one minute per day and added one more minute every 10 days and I used the lowest setting on the stair climber.
        Did this for first 6 months.
        Felt dramatically better after only 25 days.
        In the beginning, believe it or not, the goal is not to get in shape. But rather to develope a new habit pattern.
        You are not going to get in shape the first days, weeks, or months. You shouldn't even try.
        Even by using very light weights and few repetitions, the indorphines will be released and in 20 to 30 days, you will actually start looking forward to your workouts. ESPECIALLY if you keep your workouts light & short.
        After about 6 months, when your body has gradually toned up, then you will find that it is pleasurable to increase both weights & cardio time & tempo + you won't suffer burnout.
        Too many times I have seen pro trainers start people out with full routines. I completely disagree.
        In and out in about 10 or 15 minutes and don't worry. You will be surprised how fast you feel palpably better.
        Also, when you do stretching exercised, hold to the count of 60. Not like the pros tell you of only a few seconds. And don't stretch till it hurts, but rather till you feel the tightness, then keep it there for remainder of 60 count.
        Again you will be surprised how fast you become significantly more limber.
        After the first year of exercising Pepsi, I was doing a quick 20 miles on my mountain bike (10 out & 10 back) every morning + an hour + in the gym. But I started out slow as I mentioned above and -- REALLY -- enjoyed my workouts + felt tireless all throughout the day.
        An added benefit was I slept like a rock.
        Go easy and don't buy into that get in shape fast nonsense.
        No hurries, it's your Heath that's important & that's at stake.
        Develope the new lifestyle habit FIRST and the rest will follow.
        The first step is to recognize you need to change your lifestyle.
        You've done that. Good for you brother.
        A lot of good points made that I only learned the hard way. I tried to start working out many times before, and always ended up quitting after 1-3 months because of various things (injury, family, school, results, etc). It only took some major events last year that gave me some major motivation to keep me going.

I would say definitely as Artashes says don't expect any notable physical results early on. Just stick to the routine and know that its gonna take time, but if you get there it'll be worth it.

Also, take it slow. I spent a lot of time my first few weeks, lifting heavy weights trying to not stand out at the gym, before noticing guys with bicepts the size of my waist were lifting less than me.
        Last edited by Mher; 02-10-2014, 08:11 PM.

Comment

I think the key to a healthy you is taking the routines that make you healthy(the ones you are willing to do) and making them a part of your life. I was an athelete but then i got hurt and could hardly walk. For 11 years i was in nonstop pain and unable to do much physically. All that time transformed me from an athalete to a very sad state. But the pain finely did go away and i tried to get back to the routine i had before getting injured but i was so weak and out of shape that i had to start with baby steps. If you are not in good shape than be careful not to overdo it in the beginning so you do not hurt yourself. Diets usually either do not work or work but are usually not maintained. I would suggest laying off of junk food and avoiding sugar as much as you can other than that eat reasonable amounts of food-do not overeat too often. The best thing you can do for yourself is exercise. Make it a fun workout-i like to listen to music that helps me get pumped up. I lift weights to build muscle but i also do aerobic/abb workout now that i found the right tool for it. I bought "the perfect ab carver" and it has been a wonderful way of working the abs/aerobics without hurting my back. It shows results in less than a month. this combination of weights one day and the ab carver on another has gotten me back into good shape-i am far stronger than anyone i know and young people always ask me how do i stay so strong since i am not young anymore. The important thing is to make it fun and comfortable so that you will want to keep doing it and avoid sugars and junk food.
          Last edited by Haykakan; 02-10-2014, 05:23 AM.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
            Hi all, quick question

Cut down on Zankou and Pepsicola......I know your an addict
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

The most likely place to gain extra weight is the gut, butt, & thighs. The gut is usually first.
              More important than getting rid of fat accumulated around the waist is to strengthen the stomach muscles.
              Do not worry Pepsi if in the beginning your stomach area retains the fat deposits. But rather work to strengthen the stomach muscles underneath the layer of fat.
              Also, the stomach itself is elastic. If you've been eating oversized proportions, then likely the stomach has inlarged.
              So at first when you begin to practice portion control (smaller portions) you will feel like your not full & long to eat more.
              If you stick to your smaller more appropriate calorie intake, in about 5 or 6 months your stomach will shrink & you will begin to feel full even though you are now eating less!!
              Also, after about 6 months of very laid back cardio exercising, and you have reached 20 minutes at the slowest setting, then you can GRADUALLY increase your tempo.
              When you arrive at this stage of your cardio routine, your metabolism rate will become higher!!
              When this happens, even though your heart rate returns to normal after exorcising, your metabolism will continue to "percolate" at a higher rate!!
              Then, by maintaining an appropriate calorie intake you will start to burn off excess fat.
              Both Mher & Haykakan are right, go slow, take baby steps. No hurry, no worry.
              Revel in the fact that you only need to do 10, 12, or 15 minutes in the gym.
              Spend this small time in the gym and then be pleased with yourself.
              Pat yourself on the back and honestly say --- I successfully completed my workout, I'm good to go.
              Honestly, if you do this for 3 months steady, your going to start feeling like Buck Rugged.
              It feels gooood dude!!�
              Good luck & keep truckin.

Comment

Of course, edo has to say something that makes no sense, I obviously know that.
                Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                Cut down on Zankou and Pepsicola......I know your an addict

Comment

^^^somebody has too, lol......and thats because we love you.
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

love me? lol thanks I needed a good laugh
                    Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                    ^^^somebody has too, lol......and thats because we love you.

Comment

Working...
                    X