Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

"Why Worry? God's in Control."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Why Worry? God's in Control."

So I'm driving on the 10, when I see the car in front of me has a bumper sticker that says, "Why Worry? God's in Control."

Am I the only one that got pissed off at that message? I seriously felt like driving the damn car off the road, and then watching the bumbling idiot inside blame the accident on God. These type of people make me sick. You guys know that I believe in a higher power, but COME ON! These are the type of people that put all their trust of the future in the "hands" of something that they cannot fully comprehend. God gives us the tools, and we have to work with them. (This is different than Anon's Lemon thread. I'm not saying that you should take the xxxx that life throws at you, but rather choose to clear through it, and try to come up on top, if that makes sense). While I believe in God, I also believe in free will.

The same type of people that have those types of stickers on their cars are the same people that one day, when nothing goes right for them, blame it on God and declare themselves athiests. To me, these people are cowards. How can you believe in something like that and not take responsibility for your actions?

So, what do you guys think of my ranting? Do you agree with the sticker or not? Why or why not?

I think its a way for people (those of whom you speak of) to have an escape gote (wrong spelling??) So when something bad happens they can say well it wasn't my fault I left the gas on and went out for 3 days it was GOD, it was ment to be bla bla bla. I think its a bunch of bull. Your actions determine your future and some things just happen and we dont know why it just does. You all know about what happened to my brother (sorry i have to bring it up again) but my sister's inlaws once said to my sister, and I ofcoarse had to be there, "Well it was ment to be like this, it was in GOD's hands bla bla bla." My sister flipped out and I, for once, was patient and didnt say a word. When my sister was done telling them off, I asked them "what if it was you? Would you still say that? How can a non-existant being be the teller and holder of all our lives? Why do we have brains? and hearts? So that they can be controled by something we cannot even prove to be real? Its pitiful, I said, that you people are going to sit there and tell me it wasnt my brothers friends fault who was drunk and driving fast it was "ment to be, GOD wants it that way" And i just walked out, my sister followed me. Its just Humans that choose not to use a small percentage of their brains and choose to keep their ignorence and they dont know its ignorence!

Comment

Like I said before, it's only "meant to be" to a certain extent - we receive the tools, and we have to make the best of them. In any event, we can't blame anyone but ourselves.

And for future reference Aries, it's "scapegoat" and not "escape gote".

Am I to assume that the rest of you couldn't care less about this topic?

Comment

Thanx, I knew the meaning just not the spelling!

Comment

Re: "Why Worry? God's in Control."

Originally posted by sSsflamesSs So, what do you guys think of my ranting? Do you agree with the sticker or not? Why or why not?
          "Don't worry, I'm in control" wouldn't make me feel any better.

Comment

I'd like to take this moment to thank God for this forum, and the good Lord blessing me with so many successful posts. Thank you thank you thank you. Big ups to the big man....*points to the sky*

Comment

although I do believe in God, but that doesnt mean that i dont need to worry about xxxx! I actually wish it was like that .....lol

Comment

God is like General Motors he makes the car and sells it to you, but you're behind the wheel.

God gives you the wind , you have to point the sails the right direction.

I'd like to see the face of that person with the bumper sticker, when they're staring up my .44 mag barrel HAH!! Who's in control you say HUH. Make like moses and split this bullet in half so it don't split your head in half HUH.... SUCKER..

Comment

Originally posted by PASAMONSTER God is like General Motors he makes the car and sells it to you, but you're behind the wheel.

God gives you the wind , you have to point the sails the right direction.

I'd like to see the face of that person with the bumper sticker, when they're staring up my .44 mag barrel HAH!! Who's in control you say HUH. Make like moses and split this bullet in half so it don't split your head in half HUH.... SUCKER..
                  He's not scared cause he thinks he's going to heaven.

Comment

Would that make me an angel then
                    since im sending people to heaven. LOL

AHHHHHH ha ahha ha ha ha ha

nope

that makes me a GOOD MARINE. HOOOOOO RAHHHHHHH Devil DOgz!

Comment

Working...
                    X