Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Home Movies/Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Movies/Pics

Lets face it, we all have those silly and embarassing home videos/movies of ourselves, especially when we were little. I know I do, but I'll share it later because I want to know yours. Anything cute you did when you were little that people just had to pinch your cheeks for? Or maybe at age three you enjoyed running around in your underwear in front of guests. lol. Hey, who knows. You might have and maybe you have some embarrassing photos of yourselves. Remember the past, when you were little. How cute it was and how embarrassing it is now.
    I see...

I didn't go along too well with cigarette packs. Everytime I saw them around the house, I took them and tore the whole thing apart, including the cigarettes. lol. So the challenge to my mom was, keep the ciggies out of my reach. I have a pic at the age of about 1, playing with a cigarette box... lol. I guess it became a fetish as I grew a bit older... Anyway, at the age of 5, I tried to imitate my dad and put the cigarette in my mouth while the guests were talking. They all thought it cute, except for my mom, who thought it indicated that in a few years, I would start smoking... lol (her interpretations are quite funny, as usual...) Anyway, I don't have any videos of that one, but I do have one video, where I was playing "doctor-patient" with my cousin (she's quite older than me).. lol... Anyway, I was trying to imitate the doctor and take her temperature... it was quite funny.. ahhh...

but then again, Freud would've interpreted it as "coming trouble."

Comment

Ah c'mon. No one else has any special home videos or experinces and all? And I thought there were some brave sould here. Hmmm.

That's cute Dan. I used to do a similar thing when my dad would smoke. I would take his cigarettes and flush them down the toilet because I didn't like the smell.

When I could barely walk, my parents would put me on the table while holding my hands so I can stand and I would shake my bum bum in front of al the guests. lol

When I was able to speak, my parents would give me a pen or something and I would sing to it in front of guests. I even have it on tape. Even when I just came to US, my uncle had me singing in the airport. So embarrassing but funny. I didn't care what people thought. I was a cute kid with a cute voice. lol. I sang until I was like 7. No more after that. OK, I need to hush up now.

C'mon people. I want to hear yout childish embarrassing experiences.

P.S. This is my 500th post. I feel as though I contributed to half of 1000 posts in this forum. Touching isn't it? *wipes tear*
      I see...

Comment

Ha... I hated it when my mom used to "show me off" in front of the guests... grrrr... it's like objectification. ugh! i hated it and wanted to leave. so they just thought i was anti-social. lol.

i was actually very much fascinated by cigarettes. i wanted to smoke. this when i was about 5 or 6. i don't remember much after that. my mom wouldn't let me drink coffee because she said it would turn me black. roflmfao. i loved that story. i used to ask her that the whole time, and wanted to hear the same thing. i used to even ask her if i could change back if i turned black... lmao...

When I could barely walk, my parents would put me on the table while holding my hands so I can stand and I would shake my bum bum in front of al the guests. lol
        lol!!! that's cute. my cousin's daughter used to do that when she was a toddler.

i do have a tape recording of my voice though!!! it was recorded because i didn't speak one word for ONE year at school, and they thought i was "mute", so my mom had to "prove" that I wasn't.... i know, isn't that like so dumb? lol
        and don't ask me how i sounded.
        (i couldn't pronounce the letter "r" - well, I used to pronounce it as "gh")... true french, eh?

the most embarassign thing that i remember is this:

one day, my mom was watching the news on TV, and I was sitting on the couch playing and sometimes looking at the TV, and a question popped into my mind and I said "Mom, ..." and she said, "yes?" so i thought about it, and I decided that i had changed my mind and didn't want to ask the question. So i said "nothing." and she said "no no, tell me." i said: "nothing i just wanted to ask you a question." she said: "ask me then. what were you going to ask?" and she insisted that I tell her, so oddly enough ( i donno why!!!) i had to quickly come up with something else to cover up my initial question. so i said, referring to the news broadcaster "isn't he cute?" lmao...... that was just dumb..... rofl.. this was ummm when i was about 5 or 6 again... as far as i remember, it's the most embarassing memory.

Comment

i have a sh1tload...

Comment

The first thing I ever did was piss on the doctor that delivered me. Set the tone for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname The first thing I ever did was piss on the doctor that delivered me. Set the tone for the rest of my life.
              Are you serious? lol... the doctor must've been traumatised... rofl

Comment

I hit house guests in the legs with a plastic wiffle-ball bat and corrected their grammatical errors.

Comment

I don't get why people are so embarassed when it comes to their childhood. I love hearing stories about the things I would do as a child, and seeing videos and pictures of my "performances".

I was the performing type. I'd always be reciting a poem, or singing a song. I also had the tendency to interrupt my poem/song if someone said anything to someone else during my act, and I would tell them to be quiet, wagging my finger at them.

Most embarassing moment would be when I hugged my grandmother.....well....she looked EXACTLY like my grandmother.

Comment

i remember in Armenia when we were about to get into 1st grade there was a big ceremony and all the new kids were supposed to wait for their turn and go and give flowers to the teachers or principal and i remember how i ran straight out as soon as the whole thing started and gave the flowers to the wrong teacher and everyone started laughing. we had a good time.

Comment

Working...
                    X