Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Another Maddox (George Ouzonian) classic

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Maddox (George Ouzonian) classic

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=compusa_sucks

A few suggestions to help make CompUSA a better store.
    As much as I hate to admit it, the people in management at CompUSA are enviably diabolical. They have found a way to tap into the wallets of hundreds of thousands of knuckle dragging, mouth-breathing, dimwitted morons. Daily. As exemplified by their newest ad campaign featuring a eunuch man with a unibrow that pisses-me-off all over the place, the typical CompUSA customer has no problem being talked down to by a technical authority figure so long as he has a smug, condescending voice, and an A+ certification (which ranks somewhere between tying your shoe laces and not choking to death on your drool in the universal spectrum of skills).

I can't help but admire the balls-to-the-wall arrogance of CompUSA's management. I mean, the magnitude of swindling we're dealing with here would give Satan a boner.

With a money-making agenda that could otherwise only exist in a super villain's wet dream, CompUSA needs no help from a ruggedly handsome pirate such as myself. So I've decided to give a few suggestions that might make the store better for customers instead. Enjoy:

To better match the store atmosphere at CompUSA, I've created a new logo:

I find this new logo more descriptive because it will help give the customers a better idea of what to expect from the moment they set foot in CompUSA.

Open a home loan center on premises to make it more convenient for customers to take out a second mortgage to help pay the overhead on minor computer hardware and software purchases.

Save a lot of time and trouble of calculating totals on customer receipts by streamlining the balance into the following convenient total:

By combining the purchase total into the "RAPE" column, you save the customer the hassle of re-checking the total himself to conclude that he was in fact raped without lubrication by CompUSA's sales & marketing staff.

More foreplay please! Customers love thinking they're getting a $2200 computer for $1900:

Sure, at a glance it looks like the product costs $1900, but thanks to micro-print, customers don't have to be bothered by details like the actual cost of the product until they bring the item up to the checkout counter. That is, unless the customer has 20/20 vision and catches notice of the following little gem:

Not that there's anything wrong with rebates, after all, the customer can go through the simple steps of sending in two separate forms along with photocopies of receipts, UPC labels, serial numbers and the title page of the instruction manuals if they want their rebates. Then a brisk 8-10 weeks later, the customer will be rolling in cash back from a wise purchase.

Nevermind little clauses like "limit one rebate per household," so if anyone else living at your residence purchases the same item, or if you purchase more than one of the same product, your subsequent rebate requests will be rejected. Of course, listing products with the rebate price in large type without the rebate clauses listed may mislead the customer into thinking that he or she is able to receive the rebate in spite of the restrictions, but who has time to worry about fraud when we're talking about (maybe) huge savings?

Pay your sales and technical staff minimum wage, then pass the savings onto your customers in the form of a 600% markup on products. Just kidding, that would be unethical.

Be sure not to mention any service plans we didn't ask for, because everyone loves a good surprise in the form of a 3 year warranty that doesn't begin until the manufacturer's warranty expires.

Hire untrained school kids to man your staff, because I like being told that the swap file on my computer is "pretend memory." Being talked down to by crater-faced sales staff is a humbling experience, and the phrase "pretend memory" is awesome. It makes me want to pay you pretend money for the pretend advice I received from your staff with pretend technical knowledge.

Offer warranties for things that don't need service, such as pre-packaged software sold by third-party vendors.

Charge arbitrary 15% "restocking" fees to seal and restock products returned due to defects:

The most expensive cellophane in the universe.
    Finding fingerprints on products sold as new in your store is a great way to discover that you've been sold a potentially faulty product. I love searching for fingerprints on products I purchase anyway. It's like a scavenger hunt, except instead of finding a prize, I get it up the ass.

Make sure not to mention that some manufacturers sell your name, phone number, address, and purchase history to third parties for the purpose of telemarketing and other solicitations until after the product has already been purchased. Try to combine this with the unwanted warranty purchase for a super surprise, gang-bang style!
    That's all the advice I have for now. If any executives or management from CompUSA read this list, I hope you found it helpful. I aim to please.

374,337 people learned how to read between the lines and are now boycotting CompUSA.
    I'm sorry that I was such an idiot.

<Moved to general talk>

This is not an intellectual thread.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname
      <Moved to general talk>

This is not an intellectual thread.
      You wouldn't know either way. Adam, listen I understand that you somehow have "authority" on these threads but seriously do not abuse it. Maddox's fib is not intellectual and I am getting the impression that you are either trying to compensate for any inadequacies you have in life or you are trying to pick a bone with me. This "rant" was not supposed to be intellectual at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviance
        You wouldn't know either way. Adam, listen I understand that you somehow have "authority" on these threads but seriously do not abuse it. Maddox's fib is not intellectual and I am getting the impression that you are either trying to compensate for any inadequacies you have in life or you are trying to pick a bone with me. This "rant" was not supposed to be intellectual at all.
        So you admit it was not supposed to be intellectual correct? That's why it was MOVED from the intellectual forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil
          So you admit it was not supposed to be intellectual correct? That's why it was MOVED from the intellectual forum.
          Emil, please read your private message. This is honestly the last straw as I said. Look, it was never meant to be in the intellectual forum at all. It is GENERAL TALK. This is something my people and everyone else that was once a consumer of CompUSA, can relate. It is a tool of commonality and yet you still get on my case. It's ridiculous and with the way Loseryourname regulates the forums, he makes Sadam Hussein look like a saint. Terribly false is not even the word for it and he could use some Mod training first.

Comment

I do not see how it was even in the intellectual lounge. I mean I guess it can be there but anyway, I do not like his condescending inaccurate assertions and ludacrous actions towards my writings. "Once again Don't Start None, Won't Be None."

Comment

Originally posted by Deviance
              Emil, please read your private message. This is honestly the last straw as I said. Look, it was never meant to be in the intellectual forum at all. It is GENERAL TALK. This is something my people and everyone else that was once a consumer of CompUSA, can relate. It is a tool of commonality and yet you still get on my case. It's ridiculous and with the way Loseryourname regulates the forums, he makes Sadam Hussein look like a saint. Terribly false is not even the word for it and he could use some Mod training first.
              Something must be wrong with my comprehension of the Queens english. Loseryourname simply posted that it was moved from the Intellectual Forum to the General Talk Forum. If he posted that, it must mean it was first in the Intellectual Forum, correct?

So tell me how does moving a thread to the correct forum make him wrong?

Help me with my confusion.

Comment

Apparently, Mr. Deviant did not realize he posted this in the intellectual lounge and has gotten into a big pissy fit over his own absent-mindedness. Either way, I think it's time to close this thread.

Comment

Working...
                X