Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Childhood Memories...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Childhood Memories...

My best childhood memory was when I was about 4. This was back in Armenia and we had no intention of coming to the states because we had everything we ever wanted in Armenia. I remember being such a tomboy and wanting to always play with my guy cousins. Well, this one time, the guys got together and "dared" someone to eat the ants that were crawling on our cherry trees in the orchard. Umm..all the guys thought it was gross and didn't even want to touch them, let alone eat them. Well, me being the stubborn girl, wanting to prove myself to everyone, I decided to do it. As I stared at the little army of ants crawling up and down the cherry tree, doing their work, carrying the sweet tree-sap to their little caves, I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to have one of these little critters on my tongue!! I took a couple of them and just popped them in my mouth. As you may know, ants are very small, so I couldn't chew them. I had to burst them open with my little tongue and suck out the juice. LMAO! I hope you all haven't had your lunch yet. They weren't all that bad. They were actually pretty sweet because of all the tree-sap they'd consumed. From that moment, I was known as the queen of the town. All the kids feared me!! I was like the "Godmother" of Hoktemberian. At the age of 4, I had people bringing me goodies, doing my chores, and the girls used to brush my hair after a hard day's play. Awww...I wonder where those poor souls are today. DAMNIT! If only it were that easy these days.

Now, you tell me what's your best childhood memory. Think back to before you were this thick-headed forumer.

I ate ant before, they are not sweet actually they are sour!!!!

Comment

I remember kindergarten. Nap time was my favorite. Everyone used to sleep on a mat on the floor. I grabbed the one table in the whole room and slept under it. I don't know how, but somehow about 3 weeks into kindergarten, I had convinced all the students that the one table in the whole room was the nap palace and that only if you were VIP or special you could take a nap under there.

You won't believe the fights that used to happen during nap time just for them to get to sleep under the table. They had to get my permission, because I had convinced them that the "king" only respected and gave permission to me to pick who could sleep under that table for one day or with me and that they had to keep it a secret from the teacher or the palace would be destroyed

Ohh man. It was pretty funny, because I managed to keep this up until the end of kindergarten and the teacher never had a clue.

Yea those were the good ole' days when you didn't have to worry about sh!t.

Comment

I remember being a very very very hyper active child, like amazingly, and violent. I guess my parents did somethign because I'm pretty mellow most of the time now. Wierd.

Comment

ive always been very inteligent and talented girl, LOL.

I only remember tragic events.. like when i had accidently droped a plate and it broke.
          Last edited by Tres Bien; 06-30-2004, 04:38 PM.

Comment

when i was about 4-6? and my grandmother accidentally ironed my hand! the scar is barely there...but can still faintly see it!

Comment

I didn't talk AT ALL during my first year at school (kindergarten). So the teachers thought I was mute, and asked my mom, and my mom told them I could speak.. they wouldn't believe her, so she recorded my voice on tape (I was singing lol ) and gave it to them to listen.. LOL (Still have that tape, btw, but if you hear it, I'll have to kill ya ).

I was a very hyper kid. I used to get up all of a sudden and walk around in class. lol. This was in kindergarten. I got punished for it a lot.

Comment

Since I was the youngest child (this was before my little brother was born) I was rotten spoiled, I had everything my way, and if someone didn't give me what I wanted then I would scream, yell, cry, run around the room, jump off off furniture, crawl under the table, you name it. I feel kind of bad now, but back then I gave my parents a hard time, they were always embarresed especially when we had quests over. My parents used to sing me to sleep when I was a baby, well growing up and becoming a kid my parents thought I was getting to old to be sung to sleep so they quit singing...but being the stubborn kid that I used to be I screamed, yelled and cried until my dad would take me in his arms and sing me to sleep. I feel bad for my dad now that I remember this, cause he would be outside drinking tea and playing backgammon with his friends when he would have to interrupt the game just so he can put his little girl to bed. I only remember this childhood memory cause even to this day I cant sleep without music or some noise in the background ...but luckly I can listen to the radio now and not have to force anybody to sing to me.

Comment

oh all the memories, I used to be a tomeboy too.. climbing trees, running around acting like I was one of the ninja turtles or some character from Xmen or the green goblin from spiderman... o those were the days, when I'd get into fights with the lil boys in elementary school who picked on me-- my solution used to be crying, but then I found new ways--- violence.. haha that was fun, punching the lil violent turds...
                  but my best memories are from Armenia... O i can still smell the sweet air and remember climbing our cherry tree...O and feeding my neighbor dirt and telling him it was chocolate hahahha..... and running away from home when I was like 3... and where did i decide to run away to? hehe grandpa's house!! aaaaah to be young and carefree... I wish I was a kid again..........

Comment

I have a funny story´about my brother, when he was in first grade, and it was a lesson in Religion. The teacher was telling everybody about Islam, and about the prophet, she asked all if they had ever heard about Muhammed the prophet.

my brother said...yes.
                    oh so tell uis about him...yes, well he is a close friend to the family muhameed he use to come to hour house and visits is quite often.

i must add that the muslim students werent that pleased ..

Lol...as my parents had an Iranian friend whos name was muhameed, he used to visit us all the time...

Comment

Working...
                    X