Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

"You Stupid Armenians, You Deserve to be Massacred"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
    Kinda surprised nothing was really done about it BY the school... I mean, how is it that a racist comment is protected by freedom of speech but someone saying "Nice eyes" could be considered sexual harasment and get a professor fired and black listed from every university in the country? And if it was a comment made about Blacks or Hispanics, would it have carried more weight? Probably...

Good man. You discern things a lot quicker than the typical Armenian.

Let this be something for the Forum mods to realize and do something about.

Comment

Originally posted by dstyle
      Well, when the average american looks at us, they see white people even though we're more olive skinned. I also agree I don't want to be categorized as white, but alas that's what we are catergorzied as.
      Please speak for yourself. The vast majority of us are light skinned and the only reason why we have olive skins among Armenians is because of the various dark-complected pillagers who plundered our people e.g. Arabs Persians Turks. Their genes remained and Armenians are as WHITE as it gets man. We come from the Caucas region which is what Caucasian is. Those mountains (look on a map) are right above Armenia--thus our motherland. The "olive skinned Armenians" are the mixes who carry the middle-eastern genes. Here look on a map pal:

Free political, physical and outline maps of Europe and individual country maps of England, France, Spain and others. Detailed geography information for teachers, students and travelers

"Armenia is a mountainous, landlocked country, on the southeastern edge of Europe, and at the gateway to the Middle East, and all of Asia. "

Comment

Technically on the applications we're "White - Not Hispanic"

I do not know how many times I can stress this:

Armenian Greek and Italian= different type of White than what you think.

You guys are thinking of Anglo-Saxons. YES we are not Anglo-Saxons but the term White= a race and that very RACE is Caucasian and ARMENIAN is an ETHNICITY that belongs to that WHITE RACE. That is our whole ethnogenesis.

And if you want to go by superficial means to relegate us based upon our CURRENT conditions then we can simply say that the Spaniards and Italians in Europe are Arabs because they all have dark olive skins with dark-complexions. Nevermind the fact that Italy and Spain for about a thousand years total were conquered by the Moors aka Arab-blacks from Northern Africa near where present-day Algeria is. What? Are suddenly Italians and Spaniards "not white?"

Comment

*Shivers* I still hate reffering to Armenians as 'white'... I know, we're indoeuropean or whatever, but still rubs me the wrong way.. maybew cause for a year and a half my white girlfriend tied to convince me that Armenians are "white." Yes, A Texan, a Scotsman and an Italian are all "white" so to speak... but culturally they're all VERY VERY different from each other.. and that's what counts, culture, not color of skin. So Armenians are not "white" to most people... we're mediteranian, middle eastern, eastern european, whatever else people wanna say.. but we're not really white in the modern american definition of the word.

Sorry, that was a rant in a whoooooooooooooole new direction.
          You have the right idea there but no one in the world can be "indo-european" that is simply referring to a family of languages and yes Armenian is one of them. It does not matter what "most people" think. MOST PEOPLE still dont acknowledge the genocide as well. You re telling me you are validating your points and notions through them? Armenians= as WHITE as it gets. We are in fact the original Caucasoids aka the White men.

Comment

*Shivers* I still hate reffering to Armenians as 'white'... I know, we're indoeuropean or whatever, but still rubs me the wrong way.. maybew cause for a year and a half my white girlfriend tied to convince me that Armenians are "white." Yes, A Texan, a Scotsman and an Italian are all "white" so to speak... but culturally they're all VERY VERY different from each other.. and that's what counts, culture, not color of skin. So Armenians are not "white" to most people... we're mediteranian, middle eastern, eastern european, whatever else people wanna say.. but we're not really white in the modern american definition of the word.

Sorry, that was a rant in a whoooooooooooooole new direction.
            HAHAHAHA. Dude, A TEXAN is not a race or ethnicity. What's next you are all going to refer to Californians as a new breed of people?
            Oh boy good riddance ahahahha.

Comment

Technically on the applications we're "White - Not Hispanic"

NO ONE IS AN ORIGINAL AMERICAN UNLESS THEY'RE NATIVE AMERICANS. THAT MEANS AMERICAN= A NATIONAL TITLE.
              YES I AM AN AMERICAN.
              AMERICAN= CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES.

Sorry I just had to make it bold that way you get that notion clear. No one is an American unless they are the Natives. Remember those guys with the feathers in their hair? YES those guys dancing all half naked with red skin and high cheek bones mostly.

We are all from somewhere. It is just that most of the Anglos here came here before Armenians did. MOST of them not all. They all came here during the 1700s earlier than any new wave of immigrant in the 20th century, mixed with each other with other fellow whites and natives and thus have been confused since. That is why if you ask one of the John Davis's here "what is your culture/ethnicity/race" he will probably respond with "I dont know I am an American/White." Thereby telling you that he is so mixed with so many things that he cannot sit there with the typical curious Armen and explain easily what he is as easy as it is for Armen to explain that.
              For instance, he cant sit there and say 'Well I am half Dutch 1/50th Scottish and some more Native 3/4ths German etc.' He will just simplify the process and succinctly tell the curious Armen "I am just White."

Comment

archetype8 are you really a new member? i get the feeling that you've been here before..a very vaaaague feeling..could be wrong? am i?

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
                  archetype8 are you really a new member? i get the feeling that you've been here before..a very vaaaague feeling..could be wrong? am i?
                  Hmmmm no you could be right, but yes you are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Archetype8
                    Hmmmm no you could be right, but yes you are wrong.

hmmm a sort of semi-vague response eh? nice! i gotta keep a closer eye on you now, and figure out "who" you are

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
                      hmmm a sort of semi-vague response eh? nice! i gotta keep a closer eye on you now, and figure out "who" you are
                      Why thank you I am flattered, I have my own forum cheerleader/stalker who admittedly isn't shy to openly confess that.
                      Last edited by Archetype8; 07-24-2004, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X