Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Explaining being Armenian.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anonymouse
    Next time, you should ask him if he has played this game. Maybe it might help put some of those marbles in the right slots to make his brain function correctly.

lol ....that game has my name on it.. it says: "STICK EM' INNA STEW"

Comment

Originally posted by SagGal
      Well, you're not alone on this. I've had people ask me my nationality and when I tell them Armenian, they ask, "What is that?" in stead of at least, "Where is that?"
      all I hear back is...Romania? or was it Albania? is that the country near Yugoslavia? People need to stop education off the news so much...there is a thing called an Atlas.

I don't even bother anymore...Right after I say Armenia, I gotta give this whole lecture about where it is, this and that. I though people where more educated than that...

Comment

Man, at least it's not as bad as it is for the poor Assyrians, or Syrians.

"What are you?"

"I'm a Syrian"

"You're Assyrian?"

"No no, I'm A Syrian, Syrian"

"Assyrian?"

"No Syrian!"
        "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

ive been through many kinds of missunderstandings like these that youve mentioned, shows how stupid any ignorant people can be. I have after ive been asked about what my natioanlity is been asked again and again-questions like are u really sure? youre armenian? Im like yeah. NO ARE YOU SURE? First they start of guessing my netionality, mentioning like 10 countries, and when i say armenia, they actually dont know where it is. I heard someone turn to his friend and say, oh yeah its Soviet, or was soviet. The person who said this was actually of turkish origin...aint it funny?
          Last edited by Tres Bien; 08-09-2004, 06:04 AM.

Comment

To be fair, all of these former Soviet republics have only existed for a little over a decade as independent nations. There's a pretty good chance that Geography and History texts used in primary schools have not been updated since then.

Comment

when i used to live in germany (and spoke it fluently ) we had many turks there...that's where i first met a turk....anyways, she was asking me what i was...she didn't understand "ich bin armenisch"...she was like "what is armenian?"...she was a nice girl, what does she know? born and raised in germany...the irony was striking; i had to explain to her that we're neighbors but nothing beyond that, we were just kids...

Comment

Its fun to se people suffer, as theyre trying to guess ones nationaliy.

they can never guess. And next time someone asks me, out of the blue, ill say im chinese. problem solved.

Im not really that keen on letting all the strangers who ask me where im from to let them know, its a privete thing, why should everyone know...
                i mean stopping me on the street, its just too much...!idiots!
                Or ill were a t-shirt that sais-

"armenian"! or DON'T ASK.

Comment

People have a lot of trouble guessing at my ethnic background too. A lot seem to think I'm Polynesian or something.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname
                    People have a lot of trouble guessing at my ethnic background too. A lot seem to think I'm Polynesian or something.
                    I guessed it right away. You are mix between Rwandan and Antarctican.

Comment

Originally posted by dusken
                      I guessed it right away. You are mix between Rwandan and Antarctican.

Why did this make me laugh?

Comment

Working...
                      X