Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian stereotypes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ckBejug'

Yet another stereotype-- bull-headed stubbornness and argumentativeness.
    Now is that comment directed towards myself or you?

Comment

another thing that's nauseating to hear is this 'openmindedness' crap! i don't understand why some can't grasp the fact that NO ONE is totally objective in their view of the world! we are all limited by our experiences and molded by our environment and affected by our genes! pompous armenians need to get off their damn horse and take a look at themselves before judging others! damn republican wannabes!

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
        another thing that's nauseating to hear is this 'openmindedness' crap! i don't understand why some can't grasp the fact that NO ONE is totally objective in their view of the world! we are all limited by our experiences and molded by our environment and affected by our genes! pompous armenians need to get off their damn horse and take a look at themselves before judging others! damn republican wannabes!
        I'm sorry but I was busy thinking about myself. What did you say? Now where was I oh yes...me...aaaah

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan
          I'm sorry but I was busy thinking about myself. What did you say? Now where was I oh yes...me...aaaah

don't think too hard now, or else you'd have the same dazed and clueless look on your face as does your avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Tres Bien
            Haydi ho...here we go again...

what are the stereotypical characters of the armenian man?

Yes such an important element that the Armenian culture needs now, more perpetuation of stereotypes. And arent you pedantric for making such a thread?
            When the World Wide Web was born, things were quite simple. The internet supported just one device (the PC) and the browsers available were too primitive for me.

Comment

Originally posted by sad_eyes
              Unibrows, money pinchers (dont like to spend money)

I think Crimson's quote concisely pertains to you:

"you've failed to realize most of the characteristics you attribute to our nationality is true of man kind in general. They're not unique to Armenians by any means. Men of any culture think with their d*cks, members of any culture bash each other, thinking one is superior to the other, the "nigger wannabe" fad is popular with many cultures," and to add JEWS and others are even more stingy and et al will be as well if they had enough. Again, these are unnecessary comments and really there is no point of this whole thread.
              When the World Wide Web was born, things were quite simple. The internet supported just one device (the PC) and the browsers available were too primitive for me.

Comment

Originally posted by IvyLipstick
                I think Crimson's quote concisely pertains to you:

"you've failed to realize most of the characteristics you attribute to our nationality is true of man kind in general. They're not unique to Armenians by any means. Men of any culture think with their d*cks, members of any culture bash each other, thinking one is superior to the other, the "nigger wannabe" fad is popular with many cultures," and to add JEWS and others are even more stingy and et al will be as well if they had enough. Again, these are unnecessary comments and really there is no point of this whole thread.
                I wish I could take your comments to heart, but I can't think past my nose. It's too big and in the way. Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil
                  You know what is funny is that she is implying that "otar" guys hold better values, but fails to realize that society in general is morally degenerating.

This is more evident in the states and urban communities, but recently this trend is infiltrating the rural areas as well.

What I find even more surprising is that the rise of "hip hop" culture has occured during the decline of morality. Now, I am not saying they are "directly" related, but in no way does it help the situation by broadcasting the notion that it is ok to call women "xxxxxes".

What is equally more degenerative is how Armenians emulate this "urban" culture as a substitute for their own. Armenian guys and girls nowadays look at one another as a "player" and a "hoe", respectively. For 275 million Americans it does not make a difference, but for the small isolated Armenian communities it is making a huge impact and contributing to the extinction of the Diaspora.

Now, in no way am expecting every Armenian to be "Amish", but you have to admit that common sense and morality is in decline, so, do not just say that these problems stem from "Armenians" because they do not. They stem from the fact that you have corporations that are pushing for a morally degenerating society for profits and now this decay has infected Armenian communities.

Basically, morality is going to xxxx and it is taking traditional Armenian values with it.

Yes they have real better values: sleeping with their sisters, burning their wives and letting themselves make scenes in publics and they are likable because it satisfies and benefit most Armenian girls' selfish desires and needs.

Comment

You seem to have missed my point. I was not comparing armenian men or values to odars, Many of you have only dating - and love , sex in your thoughts. that was not what i was talking about at all.
                    I know that this has nothing to do with the armenian culture as it is seen in every culture- though i have to say that the bahviour that exisist in armenian families are some how a consequence of something that went wrong in the armenian community or a farmer mentality that still does exist...and is putting the culture and young armenians in danger of assimilation and destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tres Bien
                      You seem to have missed my point. I was not comparing armenian men or values to odars, Many of you have only dating - and love , sex in your thoughts. that was not what i was talking about at all.
                      I know that this has nothing to do with the armenian culture as it is seen in every culture- though i have to say that the bahviour that exisist in armenian families are some how a consequence of something that went wrong in the armenian community or a farmer mentality that still does exist...and is putting the culture and young armenians in danger of assimilation and destruction.

We are all assimilated and I do not get what you are trying to say here at all. Yes of course some Armenian families are a bit deviant and emotionally just broken sort of because look at all of those years of traumatization they have faced. No one of any culture can bare to see al of that and still be what we call "normal." Therefore, to protect themselves they of course will stoop to desperate measures such as defensive attitudes, preservation, consummation and inner ethnic pride. There is nothing "dangerous" about assimilating unless you are assimilating to some sordid regime such as the regimes founded only within the middle eastern countries of Iraq and Iran and et al.

I know many Armenian families that have been here for generations and still marry within their own and it is absolutely fine and still abide by the American standard and rules and way of life simply because it does not interfere with their Armenian cultural or custom ways of being or living. How come they are still "ARmenian?" Why dont I see any one of them running around trying to sell-out? How come they are not trying so hard to fit in among other non-armenians by self-hatred? Why are they not traitors and do not seek other superficial authority's approvals to seemingly "fit in" or sleep with an outsider?

Comment

Working...
                      X