Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

AYF Olympics (Chicago)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya just talked 2 a few of my friends were thinking of going to DC, nayeenk eench glah, it just sucks not having a car when you need stuff. Dude go for whatever you want dont listen to anyone, just have fun lol.

Comment

It's going to be at the Grand Hyatt Jilbagh if you wanna reserve early.

Comment

how do you get involved with this AYF Olympics...do you have to be part of somekind of Armenian organization or can you just show up and get involved? Can somebody explain the basics of this get together..what exactly happens? I'm totally clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by Inna
          how do you get involved with this AYF Olympics...do you have to be part of somekind of Armenian organization or can you just show up and get involved? Can somebody explain the basics of this get together..what exactly happens? I'm totally clueless.
          You don't really have to be armenian to go, Although I think I only saw one person who wasn't Armenian. I'm not even part of the AYF and i started going 3 years ago. It's a good time. For me, I get to meet people from a totally different region and I like that. The Armenians in the East have a lot better personality than the Armenians from the West, or should I say L.A.

All you have to do is get a room at the hotel where the Olympics are being held and thats it. You can even tell them you're with AYF and get a very good discounted rate. After everythings done with and you're there just go and have fun. I don't even go to the games since I'm not a member and don't really care. Every year we just go sightseeing at whatever city it is that year during the day and at night we party at the hotel ballroom.

Comment

Originally posted by omniscient
            You don't really have to be armenian to go, Although I think I only saw one person who wasn't Armenian. I'm not even part of the AYF and i started going 3 years ago. It's a good time. For me, I get to meet people from a totally different region and I like that. The Armenians in the East have a lot better personality than the Armenians from the West, or should I say L.A.

All you have to do is get a room at the hotel where the Olympics are being held and thats it. You can even tell them you're with AYF and get a very good discounted rate. After everythings done with and you're there just go and have fun. I don't even go to the games since I'm not a member and don't really care. Every year we just go sightseeing at whatever city it is that year during the day and at night we party at the hotel ballroom.
            Well I am Armenian so at least I would "fit in" in that sense. I've been wanting to go but I would feel weird going there without knowing anybody. Is it better to have someone go with you or go as a group rather than going alone? If it's in DC next yr then I will defiently consider going there since its only a 5-hr drive from where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by dstyle
              I was there, and just got back from the LAX, worst airport.
              i totally forgot to reply to you on this one lol...i totally agree...thats why I use Ontario...my sister lives in La Verne so i just drop of my car at her house then she takes me to the airport which is like 10-15 min away...so much more common sense and easier

Comment

I was there... from Houston in room 516....we had a lot of fun...met a lot of east coast people....Harout and Karnig were awesome........overall....good weekend....Too much security...i thought...but still....lookin forward to DC next year....

Comment

Its better if you come with a group to have at least the first day to associate with people you know, after that youll meet a lot of people, everyones pretty much friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by armostud3
                    I was there... from Houston in room 516....we had a lot of fun...met a lot of east coast people....Harout and Karnig were awesome........overall....good weekend....Too much security...i thought...but still....lookin forward to DC next year....
                    I knew 2 of the main people from the committee for Chicago but they didn't listen to other people suggestions. For DC I know one of the people on the committee since she used to live here in LA. We've already told her to put a lot more hip-hop like philly and rhode island. Chicago was 90% armenian music, I was hating that. That was in my opinion the worst part of Chicago (the music). I like Armenian music also but to a certain extent.

Comment

Originally posted by Inna
                      Well I am Armenian so at least I would "fit in" in that sense. I've been wanting to go but I would feel weird going there without knowing anybody. Is it better to have someone go with you or go as a group rather than going alone? If it's in DC next yr then I will defiently consider going there since its only a 5-hr drive from where I live.
                      Well I definitely wouldn't go solo. You would have to go with at least 2 friends and ideally a more bigger group. But after the first night you will have many friends, very cool atmosphere and everyones friendly, unlike this bullxxxx place we live here in L.A. where people are too stuck up and full of themselves to even come say hello.

Comment

Working...
                      X