Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What religion do you follow quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently I was 100% New Thought.
    "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

According to this test I am Jehova's witness!

(Astvats heru pahi)

Comment

Originally posted by gevo
        In a sense i hate this thread (no offense to the starter) Why i hate it is because it leads to the one thing that i see which will lead to the fall of all religions,
        Yes opening ones eyes up beyond the (narrow/insular) prescibed views often does lead to the shattering of the illusury truth...

and that is that there are so many religions.. lol.. its simpler than that. Only one or none are write of all of those religions listed, and more.. no more than one can possibly be correct, there cant be two God's, or the same God but he cant be quoted in completely contradicting statements.
        Is this a true statement? Perhaps you should address the question to Fadix...he would disagree with your staement most emphatically...I actually agree with what you are saying here - but choose to take it a step further. We need to both acknowledge the fact that humans have such varied religious beliefs - and thus - as you said - all or even a subset of all cannot be true...And We must realize that we do not (in any way) possess the capacity to know which - if any - are true - it is just simply beyond our limited capabilities...thus - I conclude - speculating about such may be a fun intellectual (or feel good) exercise...but it can never really be anything beyond this (accepting of course an argument that conceeds that certain delusions may indeed have positive ramifications).

My points being, i hate the term "religion" "religous" etc... it had grown from centuries ago to cling with bad connotations, mass murders etc..
        Funny that you admit this...think about it now...why would such connotations exist...and how did such evolve....?

So, ofcourse the problem here is, if any one of these religions is right, then who is it? only one can be correct, and the other alternative is none of them are.. it only makes sense...
        Yes...and obviously odds are that we haven't chanced on the right guess...

so, this is how i will contribute to this thread. No quiz for me ... i think that this quiz shows how conservative vs. liberal people are more so thatn what religion they fit with. Because, afterall, every "religion" has set of guidlines and rules and all that, and those who are more conservative will most likely match with the more conservative types of people.. and vice versa
        The quiz seems largely a sham (a Universalist/Quaker conspiracy if you ask me...though they are pretty much the same thing...and here I thought they were lower key then this...). OK so I am 100% universalist? Not - in fact as I reject all - hop can I be "Universalist" which includes all essentially - no? (of course Christan Universalism is perhaps a subset of this - still in practive they are pretty wide open - as I have friends who are such...)....

Anyway Gevo - I hope you can see your way out of your dilema...I agree - quite a paradox this religion stuff is...just in general...maybe you will find your inner peace once you take your speculations to their obvious conclusion...and then...no worries mate!

Comment

Ah I see what I did wrong the first time I took the quiz....(Univesalist my ass!). Here are the correct results!

How did the Belief-O-Matic do? Discuss your results on our message boards.

1. Bahá'í Faith (0%)
          2. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (0%)
          3. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (0%)
          4. Eastern Orthodox (0%)
          5. Hinduism (0%)
          6. Islam (0%)
          7. Jainism (0%)
          8. Jehovah's Witness (0%)
          9. Liberal Quakers (0%)
          10. Mahayana Buddhism (0%)
          11. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (0%)
          12. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (0%)
          13. Neo-Pagan (0%)
          14. New Age (0%)
          15. New Thought (0%)
          16. Nontheist (0%)
          17. Orthodox Judaism (0%)
          18. Orthodox Quaker (0%)
          19. Reform Judaism (0%)
          20. Roman Catholic (0%)
          21. Scientology (0%)
          22. Secular Humanism (0%)
          23. Seventh Day Adventist (0%)
          24. Sikhism (0%)
          25. Taoism (0%)
          26. Theravada Buddhism (0%)
          27. Unitarian Universalism (0%)

Comment

Well...now we know your not a Jehovah's Witness. Come on now at least you could have tried to be an Orthodox Quaker like some of us.
            You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

Originally posted by XxgoeyxX
              Well...now we know your not a Jehovah's Witness. Come on now at least you could have tried to be an Orthodox Quaker like some of us.
              When Quakers get 2 out of 27 on choices of possible religion it does make one wonder....and yet only one choice for Isalm...does thsi mean that there is no difference between the hard core (Wahibi & Taliban) Islamists are no diff then the average suburban Muslim in the US..or Nation of Islam for that matter...yeah what about Nation of Islam? And what about Santernarians (or whatever they are - you know Voodooists...etc)..and where are Sweedenborgians?

Comment

Originally posted by winoman
                When Quakers get 2 out of 27 on choices of possible religion it does make one wonder....and yet only one choice for Isalm...does thsi mean that there is no difference between the hard core (Wahibi & Taliban) Islamists are no diff then the average suburban Muslim in the US..or Nation of Islam for that matter...yeah what about Nation of Islam? And what about Santernarians (or whatever they are - you know Voodooists...etc)..and where are Sweedenborgians?
                The the lesson learned Thoth, is that do not take online quizes seriously.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                X