Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Which would you chose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which would you chose?

First, the story:
    A man that operates a bridge which opens up to let the large ships pass, and down to let the train cross one day invites his son to his work place. His sone is having fun being a kid, and decides to go in the engineering room, the boy is about 9 years old, and the father can see the kid still from his vantage point. As the father is allerted that a passenger train (which is carrying over 100 people) needs topass the train, he looks to call his son to be with him so he canshow his son the controls. As he looks through the plasti-glas walls, he see that his son is stuck in the gearing, and neither one of them can hear eachother. Now, by this time enough time has passed that the train is to close to stop, and if the bridge is not lowered, the train will crash, possibly killing up to a 100 people onboard. The father, from his vantage point can see both his son, and the train which is allready dangerously close, he has absolutely, and exactly two choices. Safe his son and not lower the bridge, possibly sending over a 100 people to there graves, or letting his son be crushed and die and agonizing and dreadful death right infront of his eyes. The father knows what is more right to do, and with no further hesitation, with tears spilling downhis cheeks, and ofcourse you can only image the way he felt. he lowers the bridge, and the bridge just barely touches down when the train passes,,,.. as he looks down to the train he can see the passengers going about their business, drinking coffee, reading the paper etc... he looks at them and raises his hand in rage and yells, to no prevail, "How could you people just sit there, i just sacrificed my son for you!!".. now.. the question i have to you people is, whic would yo have chosen... and again you have absolutely and precisely these the two options that the father was faced with...

Which would it be, and with what rational can you send either your son, or 100 people to death?
    How do you hurt a masochist?
    -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Well depends ... how much do I like this son? Is he a smart kid?
    this post = teh win.

Comment

It doesnt matter what I say now because you'll never know what you will do for sure unless you were in a situation like that. I just hope that I never have to make a desision like that in my life

Sad thing is the people on the train never knew what the man sacraficed to save their lives.

Comment

l would save my kid.Don't feel like be a hypocrite.We are not God,so we should stop act like God.The moment he sacrificed his own child ,he felt like he is a hero.I wonder if he would sacrifice himself to save all those ppl.
        Last edited by sleuth; 10-19-2004, 04:42 PM.
        I'm a monstrous mass of vile, foul & corrupted matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Harut82
          Sad thing is the people on the train never knew what the man sacraficed to save their lives.
          It's not their fault. It's the man's stupidity that got him in the situation so I feel no sympathy for him. What kind of a parent let's their kid run around and play unsupervised in a dangerous environment like that?

People like him should never be allowed to have kids.
          this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by sleuth
            l would save my kid.Don't feel like be a hypocrite.We are not God,so we should stop act like God.The moment he sacrificed his own child ,he felt like he is a hero.I wonder if he would sacrifice himself to save all those ppl.
            Thank you for your respons, being the only one who answered my question..

Guys, dont come up with excuses, dont come with with other questions.. your trying to rationalize a different outcome.. There is only two ch oices, and if you dont want to give your answer as to which yyou would chose, then dont give any other input.. just answer!.. thius is a true story sadly, and there is more to it than jsut a story.. so just give your answer, hypothetically puttin gyourself in the fathers position.. no excuses. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Seapahn
              It's not their fault. It's the man's stupidity that got him in the situation so I feel no sympathy for him. What kind of a parent let's their kid run around and play unsupervised in a dangerous environment like that?

People like him should never be allowed to have kids.
              on behalf of the father, here is some details which lightens his load, The door leading to that room was supposed to be locked, someone else left it open.

Comment

Originally posted by gevo
                ... thius is a true story sadly, and there is more to it than jsut a story.
                Only fools form answers to questions without knowing the whole story of the question!
                this post = teh win.

Comment

I am not a mother but If and when I am..... I would save my child. But you only gave me two choices gevo. I think there are more choices in life then just two in any situation. But because there is only two in this case I would take what I found to be the most selfish of them all and that is my child.
                  You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

OH MY LORD!!!

Sip, you have two choices, and ther eis not more to the story that has to to with the anwswer yu give..

AGAIN!!! you have exactly and precisely two choices, either your son dies, or possibly over 100 people die.. its in your hands,, there is no other way out, no excuses, and nothign ommited from the story that should disable you from hypothetically putting yourself in the fathers situation, and seeing which you would chose.. dont make this any more difficult than it is!

Comment

Working...
                    X