Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ipod in the car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipod in the car

I am really looking around for an adaptor to play my Ipod through the car stereo. I was on the apple website and there were a lot of mixed review for different things. What I was able to realize is that the FM transmitters are more of a pain than anyhting else and cut off and give really bad sound quality, it seems like the most reliable was the cassete adaptor but there were some technical issues with that as well. I was wondering if anyone had bought anything to play the Ipod through the car and if you guys had any advice on what is the best product for the price. (please dont tell me to buy one of those new bmw's).

What kind of car is it?

For the Jeep (almost all chryslers now), you can get a the PIE modules that convert the CD-changer connector in the back to regular RCA inputs that you can connect any audio source to. http://www.pie.net

For GMs, Pacific Accessory http://www.pac-audio.com makes some pretty cool stuff to do just that as well. They now even have the "AUX-POD" that can be used to control the ipod.

In my blazer, I have a pioneer mp3 player deck. For the pioneeers, you can get the aux audio input module separately for like $25.

I persoanlly hate FM modulators and the casette tape adapters just suck. I would just get a regular audio input module and connect the ipod to it using a simple stereo headphone to rca adapter cable (simple cable you can get for $2 at most electronics stores). This way, you can connect other things as well to your stereo like dvd players, games, satellite radio, tv, etc. etc.

Oh and I just saw this Neo iOn. I don't know how well it works and it looks to be specific to the iPod.
    Last edited by Sip; 11-13-2004, 10:14 AM.
    this post = teh win.

Comment

There is an Alpine head unit that will connect to the iPod and it has the button fuctions on the headunit it's self...pretty cool

Comment

Fm modulators suck. I've heard them in person Dont Get It. Cassete adapters sound good but they look ugly because you get wire coming out of your sterio.

You can get the modules the convert CD-changer connector to regular RCA for pretty much any car not just jeeep and chrysler. Ive nver heard of the NeoiOn but alpine has a similar thing out http://www.alpine-usa.com/products/l...h_kca-420i.htm, but it requires that you have an Alpine HU

Personally I'm getting the Alpine adapter because I already have an Alpine HU.

The advantage is you get the songs displayed on your HU and you can leave the Ipod in the glove department or in the trunk (all wires are hidden) (it also charges your battary)

Second best option to get the Modules that convert CD changer to RCA. Because it plugs behind the HU you don't get as much of the ugly wires.

Next best is to get the casette adapter

Lastly you can get an FM modulator or the i-trip But you will be disapointed with the sound quality.

You wont be able to tell sound quality difference in the top three. but you will with the fm modulators.

Comment

Originally posted by jilbagh
          There is an Alpine head unit that will connect to the iPod and it has the button fuctions on the headunit it's self...pretty cool
          It's not a Head Unit. Its an adapter tha works with most Alpene Head units. I have the link in my above post

Comment

Originally posted by Harut82
            It's not a Head Unit. Its an adapter tha works with most Alpene Head units. I have the link in my above post
            yaeh thats the one...my bad...my cousin got that unit a couple weeks ago, it's pretty cool for people addicted to their iPods like he is.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the help guys. Lots of good links and all.
              The thing is right now im driving my dads '01 Discovery, but the lease is running out in early January.
              Hes going to get a Jeep Liberty and something else as yet undecided for me by the time the lease runs out. So basically i guess im gonna wait it out and see what is compatible with those two.
              Apple has the stupidest and least reliable crap put on its site, its amazing why they dont have links to some of these companies.

Comment

or you can splurge for a new beamer 6 that has a ipod dock as a factory option

Comment

splurge is the key word there.
                  Im trying to convince my dad to get me one of the new mustangs but thats not working well so i dont expect a bmw. I love them though, my favorite brand. Right now i wouldnt want anything more than an M3. i would be a very very happy man.

Comment

I saw one in person yesterday and I was disappointed. It was in front of me next to a 2002 mustang and the new ones look HUGE comared to the old ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X