Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

White boy? You've got to be kidding me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White boy? You've got to be kidding me

This is a serious question here. Now for all you "gangstas" out there, what goes through your mind when you call another armenian "white boy" or "white girl?" I have a lot of armo friends who are guilty of this. I surf, I skate and listen to punk. I was joking around with this bro of mine, and he said that I was a white boy, and the joke stopped right there. I have heard other armenians do that to eachother. We are Armenian. What defines Armenian as you know it? Do I have to drive a thugged out impala with rims be fat and listen to Noreaga to be Armenian? If I am a white boy, then what the xxxx are you?

i'm white and i dont give a xxxx what anyone says about it.

Comment

IM ARMENIAN

Comment

so you're not white? the color of your skin is not white (by white i dont mean white as in the color of paint white or something, i mean skin white, like a peachy color).

Comment

Well if you want to get techincal, I am tan. But that is not the point. It has nothing to do with skin color. You must have misread my question. Some Armenian guy that listens to rap, same blood as me, same color as me, same food, language and blah blah, can call me a white boy. I dont get it. I have no problem being white, cause I dont really care, but what bothers me is that other Armenians who call Armenians white boys think they are somthing else. I just want to know what they think they are....a black dude, some mexican vato. just wondering. Lets put it this way so you can understand. My brother listens to rap, I listen to punk, if he called me a white boy, it would be so ridiculous, it wouldnt even be funny. It would be like two black people, one listens to country, the other listens to rap and the one that listens to rap calls the other guy a white boy. Doesnt make any sense.

Comment

I don't know, there really is a weird phenomenon going on. Like this armenian guy who did not get why I was listening to armenian music on my discman. It's as if things shouldn't be so, and an armenian listening to tupac was just a lot more understandable. Not only are they losing their culture, they are adapting another one as their own (in this case the whole gangsta rap thing), while forgetting they are white, but not saying they are black either....confused yet? cause i've been so for a while...it truly is mind-boggling... :?

Comment

I have been confused for the longest time. I am still trying to understand how this phenomena works.

Comment

i call my friends "white boy" and "whitey" all the time. as a matter of fact, i just did about 5 minutes ago (i'm in school now). they know i'm joking around with them, and i know that i'm not something else from them. now if i'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that your friends make fun of you for being white, while they themselves are white too?

Comment

i call my friends "white boy" and "whitey" all the time. as a matter of fact, i just did about 5 minutes ago (i'm in school now). they know i'm joking around with them, and i know that i'm not something else from them. now if i'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that your friends make fun of you for being white, while they themselves are white too?
                  No. I just used the example of my friends. You should read Baron Dants' post. I put it below my little response. One Armenian who listens to rap, is a "baller," and cuts his hair like some kook wanna be gangsta thinks he is something else other than white. I have seen these people call other Armenians white boy and be very serious about it. I once got in a verbal arguement with someone like this. He is Armenian, and he called me white boy. I looked at him, and I was like "What the xxxx are you?" It seems as if these people think they are something else. And it doesnt make sense.

Baron Dants Said:
                  I don't know, there really is a weird phenomenon going on. Like this armenian guy who did not get why I was listening to armenian music on my discman. It's as if things shouldn't be so, and an armenian listening to tupac was just a lot more understandable. Not only are they losing their culture, they are adapting another one as their own (in this case the whole gangsta rap thing), while forgetting they are white, but not saying they are black either....confused yet? cause i've been so for a while...it truly is mind-boggling...

Comment

it really is rediculous that all these white kids are acting black as if it will get them further in life faster. i dont mean to be racist when i say this, but being black can only slow your societal development. and then on top of that, being white and ACTING black will make people have less respect for you in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                    X