Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Bonsai trees and my Bonsai tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonsai trees and my Bonsai tree

Hi I just wanted to talk about my Bonsai tree in this thread. If any of you have Bonsai trees or know anything about them feel free to post. This Bonsai tree I bought from who I could only assume was a Japanese man, he came into our restaurant when I was just there to pick up my paycheck. He was selling Bonsai trees, and I bought this one, it was $20. I've had it for about two months now. The reason why I became even more interested in my tree is because I learned that you don't have to just let them grow but you can actually shape them to look like really cool minature trees. My Bonsai I think is some kind of Pine.

Here are some other Bonsai trees I found on the internet to show you all the different kinds there are.

Something I learned about Bonsai trees is that they can live forever if taken care of. I guess the fact that they are kept small changes the genetics and the tree chooses to live forever.

nobody thought this was interesting in the least? They look like REAL TREES, only smaller.

Comment

Why the heck are you posting a thread about your pet plants in the intellectual lounge? This goes to General Talk.

By the way, they are very nice looking. Maybe I'll take up the habit when I get out of school and settle on a permanent residence.

Comment

Sorry about the wrong spot yeah I wasn't sure where to put it, I was looking for like "hobbies" or something I was thinking maybe even sports. But yeah their cool, it's nice to look over and see your bonsai there. Some people dedicate their entire time to them, they have backyards full of them.

Comment

Your supposed to water it about 2 or 3 times a week, pretty much just keep the moss it's roots are in damp. The different kinds of trees need different light. Otherwise it just sits there. It's not a plant, It's a tree. You can turn any tree into a bonsai by taking a branch putting it into it's appropriate sized vase. Then as it grows you keep cutting the top so it doesnt' grow up. And you put it into a smaller and smaller pot. Then eventually it starts looking like a miniture version of it's own tree instead of a branch. I'm not sure how they breed them since places that sell them can't spend so much time on each one.

Comment

Interesting stuff. Reminds me of Mr. Miaggi from Karate Kid.

Comment

I love bonsai trees. There's something so magical about them...

Wax on Wax off.

Comment

Thanx, yeah you just reminded me of Karate Kid, when he's trying to lean over the edge of the cliff to get a bonsai tree. But I think waxing it would probably kill the tree.

Comment

Working...
                X