Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Tragedy in Asia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over 40,000 dead now.

Comment

You've probably seen this...but I post it anyway.
      The guy taping is speaking Dutch from the Nederlands, I don't understand everything because of their accent but basically he is just descrbing the situation; autos getting carried by the flood, stairs breaking, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by -Pyunik-
        You are racist.
        you are an extreme-extremist.
        How do you hurt a masochist?
        -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by -Pyunik-
          Highest figure I've seen so far put it at 27,000. I will not be surprised though if by the end of the week the death toll is officially 60,000+.

You were right pyunik. I just heard on the news that its up to 52,000+. I cant even put to words how I feel right now.
          You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

I was surprised at half that. I cant believe it keeps going up. I wonder how long it will take and how much it will cost to rebuild everything.

Comment

I have heard about this a few times. Do you think it could be some sort of superior sense of hearing? There must have been serious vibrations with all of this happening.

Comment

Birds tend to fly low when they know there is storm/rain comming because usually it's at that time that some flying insects go out...

I love national geographic

You've heard that in the island of Sri Lanka the military has found 3000 villagers on a hill? They thought they were all dead because the village was devastated.

Those people managed to take shelter on a little piece of land.....
                Last edited by !EEK; 12-30-2004, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Well, when it's rainy and bright, those flying insects are feeding on the ground and fly low on the grass and thats why birds are flying low too, they love insects.....but hey..thats a little off topic.....

The indian sea hasn't got anything to stop those tsunamies thats why the death toll is so high.......Those are, for the most part, beautiful islands and they need their charme in order to attract tourisme..(75% of the economy of most of these islands)...so a 20meter high wall wouldn't be appropriate.........

I was thinking, why not dig a really deep trench on the beaches , close it with an automated blast wall so that when there are those big waves, it'll pour into the hole and lose alot of its momentum.....the blast wall might even stand vertically for even more defensive capabilities....

I think (why not?) this might work, and besides, it's totally invisible, the island keeps it paradisiac feeling

Comment

Vibrations are heard, although not always consciously. The change of pressure idea for birds is interesting. It seems like something they could check and at least rule out, if anything.

Vartan, I dont think they can afford anything like that even if they wanted to.

You know there are different kinds of barriors that they can put out in the water. People use these on private property, it should be affordable for a whole country or continent. Im not saying they could do the job, but maybe something on their principle could be created for this case?

Comment

Wow 125,000, wow. Sad.

Comment

Working...
                      X