Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Beast On The Moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beast On The Moon

I was cleaning up our little library, and I found a folder, in which there were a bunch of papers stapled together into packets. I started to scann through them, and one of them caught my eye. "Beast on The Moon". I thought I'd read a few pages, to see what it was about, and and hour later I found myself done with the whole thing.

It's well written, and it was one of those stories, that really leaves an impression. So I was curious if anyone had read this play, since I had never heard of it before.

And to give you an idea of where the title comes from or what it means, Here's a narrative part that starts out act 2.

"You see, in Turkey, in 1893, before Aram and Seta were even born, there was an eclipse, of the moon. In villages and towns, the Turks came out into the night and shot their cannons and their guns at the ‘wild beast’ in the sky covering the moon. The Armenians watched. And then, two years later in 1895, the Sultan, worried about a few upstart Armenians, declared a Holy War, a Jihad, and instantly the Turks came out again into the night and shot their guns. But not at the “beast on the moon”. They shot their neighbors, the Armenians, who flew into closets, and scrambled into ditches and hid in corners. Shouting, the Turks came out into the street and shot them. Aram and Seta came from a certain place and time. I am looking for it."

Point of the post: Read it.

I saw the theater in back in Europe and I loved it.

Comment

The funny part is, that the story is about the writer's life, who is a jew and is being raised by two armenian victims of the genocide and how appreciative is towards them.
      Good stuff.

Comment

Oooh I'd love to see it. Were the actors Armenian?

Comment

Originally posted by fIReBuRntInHeLL
          The funny part is, that the story is about the writer's life, who is a jew and is being raised by two armenian victims of the genocide and how appreciative is towards them.
          Good stuff.

It's about Vincent...If I remember/read correctly he was Italian...

edit: ooh, Kalinoski is a Jew, you mean
          Last edited by spiral; 12-30-2004, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spiral
            Oooh I'd love to see it. Were the actors Armenian?
            the guy was greek, the girl was uzbek (born and raised in russia). And the secondary roles also greeks.

Comment

Originally posted by spiral
              It's about Vincent...If I remember/read correctly he was Italian...

edit: ooh, Kalinoski is a Jew, you mean
              yes, in the story he is italian, but i read that is about Kalinowski's life.

Comment

Working...
              X