Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

If you only had a month to live...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

objectivist - if one such as yourself or whoever decides to live however they choose and believe whatever they wish to believe it bothers me not (just don't hurt or constrain others who are not hurting others etc - all I ask). I just find great problems with your statements as they are obvioulsy based on a lack of sufficient understanding of life - yet - as stated by you - they are contended to be fact - and they are far from such. When you grow up and confront the real world I only hope for your sake that you are not alredy so set in your ways and your concepts of what you think true to be unable to adapt and deal with the fact that you don't control reality - you can only make the best of it.

Comment

Originally posted by winoman
      your boring you know that (and did you know that being content is like stagnation - and from such one rarely gets innovation, insight or progress)....I think you need to get out more and close the books every once in a while...go white water rafting, scuba or skydiving or something....also you answer (unlike one ways excellent response just after yours) bespeaks of your isolation and emotianal detachment - and you say you "would be content" - how can you be so sure? If you think this you have no clue as to the chaos that is life - you really think you can predict and control such - even as rational and objective as you claim to be - you haven't a chance...and please don't kill yourself when you come to the realization that you cannot control everything around you...back off - take a deep breath - and tell yourself that you will just relax and enjoy the ride...
      What the hell was the point of that? All he said was that he's happy doing what he's already doing and doesn't need the urgency of imminent death to prompt him into leading the life he wants to live. He's already living it.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname
        What the hell was the point of that? All he said was that he's happy doing what he's already doing and doesn't need the urgency of imminent death to prompt him into leading the life he wants to live. He's already living it.
        Wow, you really understand what I said? I thought the statements I made would pass through everybody (except the intelligent few, like yourself).

The fact is that winoman cannot deal with reality. He is a social metaphysicist. He is so afraid of what reality might be that he refuses to see it and takes in its place the accepted viewpoints of 'society' (as if their can be such an entity as 'society' ).

But I will not furhter indulge in psuedo-philosophical rants with this winoman. I have better uses of my time.

Comment

If it is meant to die in a month , at least give a purpose and meaning to your death.Take a nuclear warhead with you into Ankara and blow it.Although you should better avoid the nukes.The radioactive elements might affect Armenia ,plusit is unrealistic.So just blow up some Turkish bases of strategical importantce.Or blow the pipeline in Azerbaijan.Last ,if you are so emotional ,religious human beings and you dont want to kill any Turk by the fear of going to hell,you can just simply burn yourselfs to protest for the Armenian Genocide infront of a big Turkish Embassy. Don't forget to call all the media and give an insipirational speach before you light yourselfs .

Comment

Originally posted by CatWoman
            What are some things you would do if you found out you only had a month to live?
            Would you do anything special, productive, wild, or adventurous or live your last month like any other month?
            I would quit work and travel around the world!

Comment

ummmm....i'd probably um....i dunno...oh yeah! this is a good one, i'd probably sell my piece of land, and spend the money on me, and friends and fam....see how good i am? who wants to be my friend? :P

Comment

I would thank the Creator because my doctor told me that I only have 3 weeks to live!
                What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Working...
                X